[Closed] XPtsp Green Batch v1.4.7.1

bober

batch patcher, which one do you use?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which version of the batch patcher do you use?

• The batch addon version
    • The manual batch version

LOL wtf guys...

anyways , did you try removing user32.dll.res or deleting the cursors from the res and test to see fi it fixes the problem?

but im begining to think it may not be related as i re-red ure post and you said right after txtsetup.are you using driverpack.net slipstreamer?

and i did make the modifications a while back when you said that you remove setup.exe from ure source.so the batch check if its present or not and depeding on the situation it will copy or not the file to ure source folder.but this realy looks like a driver packs thing( as method 2 repalces setup.exe to launch its 'fake' setup to decompress the drivers then launches the original setup afterwards.)

and i did make the modifications a while back when you said that you remove setup.exe from ure source.so the batch check if its present or not and depeding on the situation it will copy or not the file to ure source folder.but this realy looks like a driver packs thing( as method 2 repalces setup.exe to launch its 'fake' setup to decompress the drivers then launches the original setup afterwards.)

btw I Incorporated a workaround especially for xptsp so respacker is capable of running after the driverpacks as well

with the next update I'll add in all the other essential stuff as in the addon

so all one needs is the latest batch.exe when using respacker ...

anyways , did you try removing user32.dll.res or deleting the cursors from the res and test to see fi it fixes the problem?

but im begining to think it may not be related as i re-red ure post and you said right after txtsetup.are you using driverpack.net slipstreamer?

Im pretty much using a simple Windows XP Sp3 Disc. Heres the steps how i made to check what was the problem.

1. Added Addons/update Packs with Ryanvm Integrator. (also patched bootscreen resources so i wouldnt have to recabbed the Drivers.cab

2. Used nLite to slim down Xp Source

3. Tested the Windows XP Sp3 (Yeah it worked)

4. Then From here i tested the 2 ways of applying the resources.

Edited by RisingXun

btw I Incorporated a workaround especially for xptsp so respacker is capable of running after the driverpacks as well

with the next update I'll add in all the other essential stuff as in the addon

so all one needs is the latest batch.exe when using respacker ...

thx for the continuous intrest in this project ENU_user.

:hmmapim

set name=hmmapi

set name1=dll

set ext=mui

set big=HMMAPI

set big1=DLL

set com=MU_

if not exist "i386\%big%.%big1%.%com%" set com=mui

if not exist "i386\%big%.%big1%.%com%" goto hnetwiz

%xp% "i386\%big%.%big1%.%com%" "%tmp%\%name%.%name1%.%ext%" >nul

if exist "i386\%name%.%name1%.%ext%" Del "i386\%name%.%name1%.%ext%" >nul

%rh% %ao% "%tmp%\%name%.%name1%.%ext%", "%tmp%\%name%.%name1%.%ext%", "%res%\%name%.%name1%.res",,,&echo patching %name%.%name1%.%ext%

%pe% -c %tmp%\%name%.%name1%.%ext% >nul

set com=MU_

%cab% /D CompressionType=LZX /D CompressionMemory=21 "%tmp%\%name%.%name1%.%ext%" "i386\%big%.%big1%.%com%" >nul

:hnetwiz

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:midimap

set name=midimap

set ext=dll

set big=MDIMAP ---> set big=MIDIMAP

Edited by Sapider

:setup

-----

-------

----------

if exist "i386\setupORG.exe goto setupORG

--------------------------------

--------------------------------

if not exist "i386\%big%.%com%" goto setupORG

------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------

:setupORG

set name=setupORG

set name1=setup

set ext=exe

if not exist "i386\%name%.%ext%" goto setup_wm

%cp% /v /y "i386\%name%.%ext%" "%tmp%\%name%.%ext%" >nul

%rh% %ao% "%tmp%\%name%.%ext%", "%tmp%\%name%.%ext%", "%res%\%name1%.%ext%.res",,,&echo patching %name%.%ext%

%pe% -c %tmp%\%name%.%ext% >nul

%cp% /v /y "%tmp%\%name%.%ext%" "i386\%name%.%ext%" >nul

this is more or less the workaround needed for allowing setup.exe patching after driver-packs.

however the weird.. Unlike before I tested this and it proves to brake the setup

did the setup.exe.RES change in any way ?

Edited by ENU_user

nope cant say it has.

please note that setup.exe is infact cabbed (setup.ex_) in an original install.

note another interesting thing then ...

if the setuporg.exe is as *un-patched* all goes well

now I compressed the file as *patched* and only like that it did work (like you hinted) :wierd: ...

meaning with the above example you will jut need to search if it exists on the source , patch it with setup.exe.res and then compress regardless to how it is on the source and it should all run well ...

Edited by ENU_user

this should work:

set name=setup

set ext=exe

set big=SETUP

set com=EX_

if not exist "i386\%big%.%com%" set com=exe

if not exist "i386\%big%.%com%" goto setup_wm

if exist "i386\%big%.org" set com=org

%xp% "i386\%big%.%com%" "%tmp%\%name%.%ext%" >nul

if exist "i386\%name%.%ext%" Del "i386\%name%.%ext%" >nul

%rh% %ao% "%tmp%\%name%.%ext%", "%tmp%\%name%.%ext%", "%res%\%name%.%ext%.res",,,&echo patching %name%.%ext%

set com=EX_

if exist "i386\%big%.org" set com=org

%cab% /D CompressionType=LZX /D CompressionMemory=21 "%tmp%\%name%.%ext%" "i386\%big%.%com%" >nul

set name=setup

set ext=exe

set big=SETUP

set com=EX_

if exist "i386\%name%ORG.%ext% goto setupORG

if exist "i386\%big%ORG.%com% goto setupORG

%rh% %ao% "%tmp%\%name%.%ext%", "%tmp%\%name%.%ext%", "%res%\%name%.%ext%.res",,,&echo patching %name%.%ext%

set com=EX_

%cab% /D CompressionType=LZX /D CompressionMemory=21 "%tmp%\%name%.%ext%" "i386\%big%.%com%" >nul

goto setup_wm

:setupORG

set name=setupORG

set name1=setup

set ext=exe

set big=SETUPORG

set com=EX_

%cp% /v /y "i386\%name%.%ext%" "%tmp%\%name%.%ext%" >nul

%rh% %ao% "%tmp%\%name%ext%", "%tmp%\%name%ext%", "%res%\%name1%.%ext%.res",,,&echo patching %name%.%ext%

:setup_wm

Edited by ENU_user

ok i just noticed there is an other backup file, setuporg.exe.. lol (gonna have to learn to pay more attention)

i though it was the modifications i made to the batch file.

so all in all we have:

-setuporg.exe

-setup.org >>>cabbed

but in my tests i deleted setuporg.exe and everything went A ok. ill go ahead and make an other test with a "if exsist delete" line on setuporg.exe and see if everything goes well.but im surprised that there is 2 backups.

(im using beta base 90201)

btw i think i know why they put the original setup uncabed with a different name, incase you have to call it manualy for some reason.

n e ways i was able to fit every thing and handle prety much any situation under one label:

set name=setup
set ext=exe
set big=SETUP
set com=EX_
if exist "i386\%big%.ORG" set com=ORG
set com=EX_
if exist "i386\%big%.ORG" set com=ORG
if exist "i386\%big%.ORG" %cp% /v /y "%tmp%\%name%.%ext%" "i386\%name%org.%ext%" >nul

as you can see, i also changed my idea about deleting setuporg.exe.

to add on to post Post #35

I said it will only work in compressed form which seemed weird

having both forms will fail (with the patched version)

all is normal with the none patched ..off course

now im not sure what or how driverpack handles it if the file is patched ;)

with nothing more to it really: I found the only safe way having setup.exe<->setupORG.exe patched is making sure it is left in compressed form after the patching job ..deleting its uncompressed version

Edited by ENU_user

hi to all vs

i've almost fully translate the res files to italian language

and solved the bug of xpsp2.res for my non english installation

but... i've seen that sysdm tab ( hardare) dont match in size with te xpsp2 res (491 vs 441)

is a mistake or not? i've leveled all to 491 (right?)

(sorry for my bad english...)

i belive it dosent matter, the only thing that we tried to keep the same are the left side bmp dialog sizes.

i have looked thru sp2res,sysdm,wuaucpl.cpl.res,srrstr.dll.res..etc and the majority of the windows sizes is 499x271.but then again each windows is fitted to sysdm.cpl's size...so like i said i dont think its realy important but it would be more "kosher" to make them all the sime size. but i do thank you for noticing.

Ok I Installed XPtsp 1.4.6 batch version

and here are some bugs I found Out (+Some Suggestions)

1. The Users Tab from The Task Manager Is Missing

24135971.jpg

2. I reported a small problem in Phone and Modem Options a some Time Back, I dont see it fixed

79770331.jpg

3. Now I have noticed this one from a long time, and Ive noticed many Users Face this problem.....The Patching of Automatic Updates Tab is buggy, sometimes it gets patched sometimes not.....

52393243.jpg

4. The New WMP Skin is awesome, But there is a bug in the Close/Minimize/Restore Buttons as you can notice in the pic

Also clicking on them shows some bugs as well

37106341.jpg

56996627.jpg

76351930.jpg

10191465.jpg

5. I was wondering why dont you guys use the vista logo instead of the xp logo in the about box etc.....I see you guys are using The Vista Logo in the logon screen.....also the WINDOWS XP written in The Logon Screen is much better than in the about box, mind if you could please use the same logo in both the places

40486946.jpg

86313259.jpg

6. There are small white boxes around the Windows Media Player Progress bar when its size is extended...See THe Pics

93708804.jpg

37514632.jpg

7. Last one, This a personal request, I really find that the current shortcut could be improvised......It seems pixelated on most of the icons,, maybe you could use a vista-ish one

76863065.jpg

I hope you guys will see to this, and hopefully there will be fixes to all the mentioned above.

Anyways you guys are doing a great job, and this tool prevents me from moving to vista, even though i own the original vista ultimate edition :-P

Kudos!

Edited by MadMaxX

Well, I just tested 1.4.6 on XP Pro SP3 (MSDN) w/ RyanVM updatepack 1.03 and I see no visual problems so far.

1. Task manager Users tab is not missing on mine, though that would be a large bug if it were.

2. The modem 'bug' is because the left pane image is not long enough. Not really a bug though.

3. The system properties images are all present on mine. Though I have seen (or not seen) the missing left pane image for Remote Access on XP Home systems.

4. WMP theme displays no visual artifacts. Looks good here! :) I integrated WMP11 with Boooggy's integrator. I don't use anything made by OnePiece.

For the shortcut icons, what dpi settings are you using?

Edited by Mr_Smartepants

well then, ill wait b4 banging my head on the desk trying to figure out problems that may or may not be existent.

madmax,

for the modem bmp, i know... but i cant find it,id have to spend half a day looking for it,plus the scanner wizard and possibly the printer wiz also suffer from the same thing.

for the orb logo,yeah that wouldn't be a bad idea.(again if we would want to be kosher on this all M$ logos should be change through out the whole pack.)

for the pixelation issue, this is caused by bad quality and resolution by M$ in their resources. as you can see even ure "my completed downloads" and "download accelerator" icons look just as bad as the arrow on top. ure prolly using thumbnail view..

and finally for ure other strange problems,

1-did you have an antivirus scanning in the background?

2-did u have wmp11+latest hotfix slipped?

3-i see ure not using a theme and are using "classic",can you put a theme on and try wmp 11 again?

mr. smartepants,

about the home rdp thing,since it isn't able to connect to a computer, it can be controlled though.so obviously they removed part of the dialog, but i have no idea why this affects the left side bmp. one of these days ill have to investigate with a Home xp.

edit:

ok im working on the modem and scanner wizards.(thx to mr fixit who found them for me)

also he noticed that some patching wasn't happening anymore, this is due to the changes i made to the batch file.what this means is that people who use the manual batch dont have uxtheme,sfc,setupapi getting patched anymore,i will also fix this.

as some may have noticed im trying to get rid of making 2 releases,its just insane.

Yeah therewas some bug in my system prolly,,,screwed up a lot of things, and i forgot to mention i used VISO Live 2.8 script last time,

This time i used it on a VM (Used OnePiece Update Pack 2.2.2 and didnt remove anything from it) and found

The task manager User Tab is Available

The WMP Bug didnt happen although the white boxes around the progress bars are still there (see my last post 6th point)

Automatic Updates Tab did get patched this time

So these three bugs were becoz of problems with my live system maybe........

Anyways

i have one more bug to report........In The Default cursor The Normal Select Cursor didnt get patched (Like the others for busy, working in background etc) See The Pic

83984387.jpg

find me cool short cut arrows, im almost done fixing everything, and how do you make the wmp 1 issue appear?

edit:

wmp 11 fixed

modem bmp fixed

cursor should be fixed (changed file name of arrow_l to arrown_l.cur)

shortcut arrow, waiting for a better replacement >>> to do

windows logo branding >>>to do