[Closed] XPtsp Green Batch v1.4.7.1

bober

batch patcher, which one do you use?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which version of the batch patcher do you use?

• The batch addon version
    • The manual batch version

for the wmp 11 issues,(the minimize resise close) im prety sure its version dependant.using the latest should have solved the problems.

as for the white boxes, that is a problem in the actual skin from fediafedia, i just finished fixing it(god i hate graphics)

n e ways ist getting super late for me,i think every problem has ben adressed (except the batch file thing i over looked).and for the arrrow curson, thats realy strange as the inf and file in the .cab were are valid matches...i simply renamed arrow_l every where to arrown_l instead and it seems to work.

ill be adding stuff to the addon version:

dougiefresh's drive space indicator

winflip

ubericon

edit:

here is a link to what i have so far...overwrite the files in 1.4.6 with these:

http://bober101.servebeer.com/XPtsp.v1.4.6_batch

updated files are:

\\

tapiui.dll.res

sysdm.cpl.res

wmploc.dll.res

XPtsp.bat

\addon\

XPtsp.inf

XPtsp.cab

\addon\svcpack\

oemgen.exe

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but I noticed on 2 separate installs (XP Pro) that the top image under "My Computer/Properties/General" tab has a light colored square around it when applying different visual styles. See pic:

XPtsp.jpg

@ troubada

Nothing to worry about, its just a part of visual styles.....I use several themes and almost every one is different, example:

2lc5yz5.jpg

mcz1no.jpg

2571u3c.jpg

@ Bober

Check bitmap 14354 in shell32...I found mismatched image in new .batch

20704021.jpg

BTW.

why don't you use this one instead....it goes much better with all images :rolleyes:

24cz9cw.jpg

Edited by dareckibmw

I personally prefer the current black/blue-background image for the logoff/shutdown box, especially for the default theme for XP pro. XP Home on the other hand uses a different default theme, so the green/yellow box would be more suitable.

*Edit

IE8 is released. I just tested it. Nlite will fail to integrate it directly. But adding it to \svcpack\ and adding the listing to svcpack.inf with /quiet /norestart works perfectly.

Though installing it this way will prove to be a challenge to patch it with XPtsp since you'll have to unpack the .exe, patch the files, then repack the .exe. ><

Edited by Mr_Smartepants

dareckibmw: That's not what troubada was talking about. Take a look at the picture again:

XPtsp.jpg

Now, look to the exterme right of the label "Windows Information". You see the blue windows box with the CD in front? I don't think that that image is transparent.... I could be wrong. The image underneath appears to be transparent....

EDIT: That issue has been fixed in the new version....

Side-Note: Regarding IE8, at present time, there is no way to automatically integrate the resource changes unless it is installed into an XP installation. One would have to manually patch the files before rearchiving the IE8 install package. And if one were inclined to do so, he/she should check to make sure that he/she isn't screwing up the dialog boxes if they have changed.... just my thought's on it...

Thanks for the heads-up on the IE8 release! Been wanting to test it.... not to mention see if the GUI can patch it correctly....

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but I noticed on 2 separate installs (XP Pro) that the top image under "My Computer/Properties/General" tab has a light colored square around it when applying different visual styles. See pic:

XPtsp.jpg

allredy fixed, pending release just to be sure everything is working .

mr.smartepants:

bleh, lets wait till theres a true addon.specially since im sure there will be at elast half a douzaine switchless installer releases,it would make it too hard to pickup each of them and depending on the sfx used it would also be a problem.

dougie:

no problem i can make it so they match but since "welcome" is kinda headline-ish,title-ish ,i find it normal that it would be in a bigger writting than the shutdown message as its is more informative than anything else.but like i said, no problem it can be fixed.

I had noticed that the font sizes and/or fonts were different and thought maybe it was a mistake, that they were intended to be the same. After all, the font sizes are the same in the original logonui thingy.... but it doesn't have to be. It's fine.

I also agree about IE8. Patching seperate would be a pain in the buttocks to do....

allredy fixed, pending release just to be sure everything is working .

So just to be clear, so what you're saying is that the icon issue is fixed but that you haven't posted the version yet that has this update?

Another question: I usually mod the System Information icon myself (below on the same tab), but I was not able to achieve transparency with the icon, so I usually just copy the predominant color of the visual style I normally use.. but I thought the key was to make it a bitmap and apply the pink color to get transparency, but when I tried that it wouldn't work and it showed a pink box around it.

Thank you,

troubada

So just to be clear, so what you're saying is that the icon issue is fixed but that you haven't posted the version yet that has this update?

Another question: I usually mod the System Information icon myself (below on the same tab), but I was not able to achieve transparency with the icon, so I usually just copy the predominant color of the visual style I normally use.. but I thought the key was to make it a bitmap and apply the pink color to get transparency, but when I tried that it wouldn't work and it showed a pink box around it.

Thank you,

troubada

yeah acctualy they are bmps not icons.but yeah i got the alpha channel working. so black/white backgrounds dont matter anymore.the picture will not have a 'frame'.

http://www.hr-host.com/wincert/xptheme/XPtsp_Green/

look for v1.4.6.0

as for the system info,the oemgen needs sysdm to be edited before(res hack) in order to receive the the info oemgen will generate.ill try to make a compromis between the 2 but no garantees.

as for the system info,the oemgen needs sysdm to be edited before(res hack) in order to receive the the info oemgen will generate.ill try to make a compromis between the 2 but no garantees.

Cool. I use the oemgen in my VLK installs, but it conflicts with my oemscan addon which adds oem vendor specific oeminfo files. Oemgen overwrites those.

Cool. I use the oemgen in my VLK installs, but it conflicts with my oemscan addon which adds oem vendor specific oeminfo files. Oemgen overwrites those.

To get this to work with OEMSCAN addon you need to edit OEMINFO.INI and sysdm.cpl

I can upload them here for you.

45639833.jpg

81695473.jpg

...sorry about my messy desktop :rolleyes:

LOL, no my batch file runs very VERY early in the setup process (@ T-39). I'll have to come up with a better method to keep it from being overwritten.

*Edit,

I think for my purposes, I'll edit the batch in oemgen.exe and add a few IF EXIST lines so it won't overwrite the specific OEM files.

Like:

IF EXIST "%SystemRoot%\System32\oeminfo.ini" GOTO EOF

That way a custom oeminfo.ini file (which doesn't exist in any virgin copy of XP) won't get overwritten.

Edited by Mr_Smartepants