[Closed] XPtsp Green Batch v1.4.7.1

bober

batch patcher, which one do you use?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which version of the batch patcher do you use?

• The batch addon version
    • The manual batch version

Thanks Bober for your explanation. I'm gonna use the sysdm file out of the 1.4.6.0 version then.

Where can I find information how to make a bmp with transparent alpha channel? Or how do you do this? I tried Fireworks but could not find setting for alpha transparency for bmp (although I have used alpha channel on png's to make them show as transparent in older versions of IE).

Hey I cant get this to work on my comp and i have ended up screwing up my themes and now on one of my accounts I cant see anything because i picked a theme that doesnt work since files were wrote over for this program. My question isent how to get this working but rather how to get it off my computer completely. I have "uninstalled" it 3 times now and it doesnt go any where. I would like to also know if there is a way i can get the original files that batch/GUI over wrote. Thx much

ok,well start with a png,do all ure transparency stuff,save in png,now pass the end result in :

alpha image converter

it does a real nice job,sometimes artifacts may show when viewing with a standard image viewing utility but when the end result bmp is inputted in the said res file or as the oemlogo.bmp everything shoold be in order.

i'd also want you to read up a bit on what alpha image acctualy fixes.Quite intresting to see that apparently the big guys (adobe ..etc) arent outputting windows conformant transparency files,or is it just windows again acting up?i dunno.all i know alpha chan con works nice!,just remember to do all ure image editing while ure still in png mode,then convert ure final file using the utility.Good luck!

Hey I cant get this to work on my comp and i have ended up screwing up my themes and now on one of my accounts I cant see anything because i picked a theme that doesnt work since files were wrote over for this program. My question isent how to get this working but rather how to get it off my computer completely. I have "uninstalled" it 3 times now and it doesnt go any where. I would like to also know if there is a way i can get the original files that batch/GUI over wrote. Thx much

please explain what you installed and how you proceeded to install it.

please explain what you installed and how you proceeded to install it.

It sounds like he didn't follow the instructions in the first post. I'll bet he didn't use viso live and instead used the straight batch file.

Sounds like uxtheme didn't get patched right.

Edited by Mr_Smartepants

It sounds like he didn't follow the instructions in the first post. I'll bet he didn't use viso live and instead used the straight batch file.

Sounds like uxtheme didn't get patched right.

Yep that would be exactly what happened. I messed up the instructions in the first post. I guess i skipped something in my haste.

I think i got it. I uninstalled Service Pack 3. And that let me access files to change themes once i was able to get into properties. Then i just used keyboard and trial and error to get it to pick a theme and apply. im gonna install Service pack 3 back on and see what happens. I got the program off my comp by using a uninstaller program.

ok,well start with a png,do all ure transparency stuff,save in png,now pass the end result in :

alpha image converter

it does a real nice job,sometimes artifacts may show when viewing with a standard image viewing utility but when the end result bmp is inputted in the said res file or as the oemlogo.bmp everything shoold be in order.

i'd also want you to read up a bit on what alpha image acctualy fixes.Quite intresting to see that apparently the big guys (adobe ..etc) arent outputting windows conformant transparency files,or is it just windows again acting up?i dunno.all i know alpha chan con works nice!,just remember to do all ure image editing while ure still in png mode,then convert ure final file using the utility.Good luck!

Thanks Bober :) That is very helpful.

I learned about alpha transparency only because some png's I created didn't have transparency in older IE6 browsers, which are common still in many schools and businesses. Since it was going to be accessed at a school among other places I had to do it, and I learned I could use Adobe Fireworks to create an 8-bit png with alpha transparency, which works well, though it is not quite as good as full blown png. Maybe Windows works under the same limitations as IE6 does? I don't know..

Just like to say thanks for this patcher, it really gives Xp a fresh lease of life.

Been using it for a while now and its great.

I've just got one question which i'm guessing I know the answer for..... But can this patcher be used on XP 64 ???

I've always wanted to give XP64 a try but I can't stand the basic look of it after using this program !!!!!

No, this patcher is not compatible with x64. Windows XP Pro 64-bit is built on the Windows Server 2003 (NT 5.2) codebase and not the original XP (NT 5.1), so it is EXTREMELY doubtful that it can be made to work with x64. Whether the resources for 32-bit versions would even match up to those in x64 is an entirely different question....

Both the batch and GUI version of the patcher utilize ResHacker, a resource editing tool. Reshacker is NOT compatible with Windows XP x64, and currently there are no 64-bit resource replacement tools available, unless you count Anolis (which is still in Beta).

Well, the XP Theme Source Patcher has supported Internet Explorer 7 only by way of true add-on, so I'm gonna take a guess and say IE8 is supported only by way of true add-on....

Fortunately, there are several IE8 add-ons available for your integration pleasure....

OnePiece's IE8 AddOn is available here

Sereby on RyanVM has an AddOn here as well.

As far as I know, the SVCPACK method of integrating Internet Explorer won't be supported by either the batch version or the GUI. I hope this answers your question.

Hi, I have some trouble with this dialog in the picture. It is located in "ieframe.dll.mui" and I have this issue on OnePiece IE 8 AddOn. This dialog looks fine if not using XPtsp, but after using XPtsp Batch 1.4.5.2 I get this ugly dialog. Is there anything I can do about it ?

post-15176-1238415444_thumb.jpg

Well, the XP Theme Source Patcher has supported Internet Explorer 7 only by way of true add-on, so I'm gonna take a guess and say IE8 is supported only by way of true add-on....

Fortunately, there are several IE8 add-ons available for your integration pleasure....

OnePiece's IE8 AddOn is available here

Sereby on RyanVM has an AddOn here as well.

As far as I know, the SVCPACK method of integrating Internet Explorer won't be supported by either the batch version or the GUI. I hope this answers your question.

dougie is totaly right, and yes the 1.4.6.0 that you can find on the wincert host is comaptible with these 2 addons that dougie linked to.

Hi, I have some trouble with this dialog in the picture. It is located in "ieframe.dll.mui" and I have this issue on OnePiece IE 8 AddOn. This dialog looks fine if not using XPtsp, but after using XPtsp Batch 1.4.5.2 I get this ugly dialog. Is there anything I can do about it ?

kaylar is right, if you are using the xptsp version in 1st post,you will get problems.

thats why i posted this:

well i think im prety much done adding ie8 to the final 1.4.6.0

plz test.

reading posts is cool alexandrud,you should try it sometime :rolleyes: