[Closed] XPtsp Green Batch v1.4.7.1

bober

batch patcher, which one do you use?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which version of the batch patcher do you use?

• The batch addon version
    • The manual batch version

I've noticed that an 'avi' is covered/cut out somehow. I'm using the latest batch and OnePiece IE8 addon.

40130018.jpg

BUT ... when I click on "Save" or "Run" then it looks OK :huh: ...just wondering what would that be.

27698727.jpg

Bober

I have found a liitle typo in the batch file

:epand_serbie8
if not exist "i386\IE8.cab" goto epand_nrie7
echo extracting IE8.cab
if not exist "IE8" md "IE8"
%xp% "I386\IE8.CAB" -F:* "SERBIE8" >nul <----- Shouldn't this extract to IE8
:serbie8ieframemui
set name=ieframe
set name1=dll
set ext=mui
if not exist "IE8\%name%.%name1%.%ext%" goto serbie8hmmapimui

Also you have omitted deleting the temp IE8 folder at the end of the batch

for %%i in ("7ztmp" "%tmp%" "%res%" "NRIE7en" "%xtra%" "%sptmp%" "mcetmp" "wmptmp" "Programs") do if exist %%i rd /s /q %%i
endlocal
for %%i in ("*.DDF" "%~dp0%~nx0") do if exist %%i del /q /f %%i

Edited by Sm0k3r

I've noticed that an 'avi' is covered/cut out somehow. I'm using the latest batch and OnePiece IE8 addon.

40130018.jpg

BUT ... when I click on "Save" or "Run" then it looks OK :huh: ...just wondering what would that be.

27698727.jpg

yeah i know about this,ie8 draws the new dialog box just short of the avi and it does that,no idea why, i guess if there was a way to offset the location of the new window it could easely be fixed.

Bober

I have found a liitle typo in the batch file

:epand_serbie8
if not exist "i386\IE8.cab" goto epand_nrie7
echo extracting IE8.cab
if not exist "IE8" md "IE8"
%xp% "I386\IE8.CAB" -F:* "SERBIE8" >nul <----- Shouldn't this extract to IE8
:serbie8ieframemui
set name=ieframe
set name1=dll
set ext=mui
if not exist "IE8\%name%.%name1%.%ext%" goto serbie8hmmapimui

Also you have omitted deleting the temp IE8 folder at the end of the batch

for %%i in ("7ztmp" "%tmp%" "%res%" "NRIE7en" "%xtra%" "%sptmp%" "mcetmp" "wmptmp" "Programs") do if exist %%i rd /s /q %%i
endlocal
for %%i in ("*.DDF" "%~dp0%~nx0") do if exist %%i del /q /f %%i

ill have a look at it,thx for noticing.

yeah i know about this,ie8 draws the new dialog box just short of the avi and it does that,no idea why, i guess if there was a way to offset the location of the new window it could easely be fixed.

Oh, ok...I don't use IE at all, so no big deal for me ;)

...found another one though :P

When I tried to use my scanner I noticed the bitmap 603 in wiaacmgr.exe is kinda short...since there is another one 605 (for camera wizard), I fixed them both. I dont have a camera with me, so I'm not 100% sure about that. I can only assume it would look the same.

oh....I think it goes for bitmap 400 as well.

38591750.jpg

603d.png605.png

Edited by dareckibmw

Remote Desktop Connection files ....

mstsc.exe

mstscax.dll

think the Xptsp bat needs a few name changes .... those files are named differently in XP iso

(LHMSTSC.EX_ ...and LHMSTSCX.DL_) ; then TXTSETUP renames them to file names in the batch

for mstsc* it is correct, the other files(lhmstsc*), seem to be for localization or something i have no idea..but the batch IS doing its job correctly. start menu accessories shortcut points to:

%SystemRoot%\system32\mstsc.exe

btw are u using windows home?

rdpfiles.png

for the explorer icons

sometimes programs use they own navigation shell.

but then again there might be a resource in some file that we're missing...

@bober ..

cheers for reply about Remote Desktop Files.

I see what happend ... Xp Pro iso (with sp3) untouched, has same file names as batch,

till I added sp3 update pack to iso before patching.

The update pack updated file versions of remote desktop files and renamed them, and altered layout.inf to change file names when files installed.

OK, here is another pop quiz :D

Those little bitmaps seems to work in some windows (Resource Hacker for example), not all of them.

44370084.jpg

The reason I did not patch this file with Viso was because if you do you will get a asms error during 1st part of the XP gui setup, the file is comctl32.dll and the path is:

I386\ASMS\60\MSFT\WINDOWS\COMMON\CONTROLS\COMCTL32.DL_

Like I said patch it after windows is installed, make some kinda replacement addon or something (this is very hard to do I have tried)

Best to use Restorator and apply a .res file with the bitmaps...this way file prottection will not restore it

The reason I did not patch this file with Viso was because if you do you will get a asms error during 1st part of the XP gui setup, the file is comctl32.dll and the path is:

I386\ASMS\60\MSFT\WINDOWS\COMMON\CONTROLS\COMCTL32.DL_

Like I said patch it after windows is installed, make some kinda replacement addon or something (this is very hard to do I have tried)

Best to use Restorator and apply a .res file with the bitmaps...this way file prottection will not restore it

It did patched correctly comctl32.dll , I'm using XPtsp, only those bitmaps are not not displayed in some open windows. And yes, file protection is disabled.

@Bober

I was right about bitmap 400 in wiaacmgr.exe , connected my digital camera and the image was short as well. And I think it doesnt matter if you use same image for both...dialogs are the same for camera and scanner in wizard window.

bitmap 400 - camera

bitmap 603 - scanner

I found 2 more things that needs to be fixed, i"ll post them soon.

Edited by dareckibmw

comctl32.dll

3x versions of this dll on Xp Pro Disk (1 X i386 folder ... and 2 more in ASMS folder contents)

I edited the bat file then ran the batch and installed completed iso in vmware ... all went well.

Here's how I edited the bat to patch all 3 versions:-

:comctl32
title XPtsp script Progress 9%%%...
set name=comctl32
set ext=dll
set big=COMCTL32
set com=DL_
if not exist "i386\%big%.%com%" set com=dll
if not exist "i386\%big%.%com%" goto comctl32_2
%xp% "i386\%big%.%com%" "%tmp%\%name%.%ext%" >nul
if exist "i386\%name%.%ext%" Del "i386\%name%.%ext%" >nul
%rh% %ao% "%tmp%\%name%.%ext%", "%tmp%\%name%.%ext%", "%res%\%name%.%ext%.res",,,&echo patching %name%.%ext%
%pe% -c %tmp%\%name%.%ext% >nul
set com=DL_
%cab% /D CompressionType=LZX /D CompressionMemory=21 "%tmp%\%name%.%ext%" "i386\%big%.%com%" >nul
:comctl32_2
set name=comctl32
set ext=dll
set big=COMCTL32
set com=DL_
if not exist "i386\ASMS\60\MSFT\WINDOWS\COMMON\CONTROLS\%big%.%com%" set com=dll
if not exist "i386\ASMS\60\MSFT\WINDOWS\COMMON\CONTROLS\%big%.%com%" goto comctl32_3
%xp% "i386\ASMS\60\MSFT\WINDOWS\COMMON\CONTROLS\%big%.%com%" "%tmp%\comctl32_2.%ext%" >nul
if exist "i386\ASMS\60\MSFT\WINDOWS\COMMON\CONTROLS\%name%.%ext%" Del "i386\ASMS\60\MSFT\WINDOWS\COMMON\CONTROLS\%name%.%ext%" >nul
%rh% %ao% "%tmp%\comctl32_2.%ext%", "%tmp%\comctl32.%ext%", "%res%\%name%.%ext%.res",,,&echo patching %name%.%ext%
%pe% -c %tmp%\comctl32.%ext% >nul
set com=DL_
%cab% /D CompressionType=LZX /D CompressionMemory=21 "%tmp%\comctl32.%ext%" "i386\ASMS\60\MSFT\WINDOWS\COMMON\CONTROLS\%big%.%com%" >nul
:comctl32_3
set name=comctl32
set ext=dll
set big=COMCTL32
set com=DL_
if not exist "i386\ASMS\6000\MSFT\WINDOWS\COMMON\CONTROLS\%big%.%com%" set com=dll
if not exist "i386\ASMS\6000\MSFT\WINDOWS\COMMON\CONTROLS\%big%.%com%" goto comdlg32
%xp% "i386\ASMS\6000\MSFT\WINDOWS\COMMON\CONTROLS\%big%.%com%" "%tmp%\comctl32_3.%ext%" >nul
if exist "i386\ASMS\6000\MSFT\WINDOWS\COMMON\CONTROLS\%name%.%ext%" Del "i386\ASMS\6000\MSFT\WINDOWS\COMMON\CONTROLS\%name%.%ext%" >nul
%rh% %ao% "%tmp%\comctl32_3.%ext%", "%tmp%\comctl32.%ext%", "%res%\%name%.%ext%.res",,,&echo patching %name%.%ext%
%pe% -c %tmp%\comctl32.%ext% >nul
set com=DL_
%cab% /D CompressionType=LZX /D CompressionMemory=21 "%tmp%\comctl32.%ext%" "i386\ASMS\6000\MSFT\WINDOWS\COMMON\CONTROLS\%big%.%com%" >nul

I repeat do NOT patch the ASMS files you will **** up your XP install

I have tried all sorts of patches even SFC patch and if one moddifies the ASMS files ant they dont match the .manifest hashes you will get a critycal error

i see 2 options that may or may not wok for comctl32.dll file,actualy there are 2 version in an xp sp3 build,the original 6.0.2600.0 and the sp3 5.82.2900.5512 versions.and in an updated post sp3 build the third 6.0.2900.5705 version. in all casses the manifest file alway points to the latest build of the files.if we chek in the system32 directory we will find the base version of our sp3 but the latest build is in the winsxs dir,actualy we can also find the original gold version in that same dir. why? compability?as rick said.all i know is that the manifest file always points to the latest build.

now for the manifest file issue.

since it points to the latest build i see 2 possible choices:

a:

res patch 6.0.2900.5705 ,then use the alky to generate a manifest file then copy the correct public token into our original manifest file.then build disc

b:

res patch 6.0.2900.5705 use the .net dissasembler tools and create a new token then register it to the registry and or possibly also edit the manifest file with the new token.add reg entry to inf or simply add it to rvmi entries.build disc

ok now lets remember this is only speculation an i dont realy have the time to test this out.(Plus lol im not too confident that it will even work,but choice a: should be easy to try)

well seems to be working, if you get te oppertunity to test run it for real fro at least a day without any problem then ill add it.

BTW:i moved 3 posts to the correct topic.

• 3 weeks later...

sorry, i work as a tech in a school and as we all know its almost "school's out for summer" time and its just ben hell lately...also as a follow up;

wolfcall, can you confirm that the patching of the other comctl32.dll files is stable and have ben tested on a real machine for atleast a day or 2? if so i will include the patching of these files.

im lookign forward on releasing 1.4.7.0 this weekend and see it as final for a long while,if not for good.

sorry, i work as a tech in a school and as we all know its almost "school's out for summer" time and its just ben hell lately...also as a follow up;

wolfcall, can you confirm that the patching of the other comctl32.dll files is stable and have ben tested on a real machine for atleast a day or 2? if so i will include the patching of these files.

im lookign forward on releasing 1.4.7.0 this weekend and see it as final for a long while,if not for good.

Thanks to all involved and that provide much of their free time to allow us to have Windows much more pleasant.

Thanks bober for your batch versions, i