[Closed] XPtsp Green Batch v1.4.7.1

bober

batch patcher, which one do you use?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which version of the batch patcher do you use?

• The batch addon version
    • The manual batch version

Qwesta: I quite agree that support for multilanguage would be great.

stsaerox: Since you seem to know so much about this particular topic, please demonstrate how to do so. If the method you show me is reproducable via AutoIt, it will be incorporated into the GUI.

I never said that I know how to make it. Instead I would have already made that and given this to you ready. I really hate "words". I think that the only part I could work is giving to you the transalated in greek. I believe it is a hard work to do and I thought that If you fix the stringable part then more and more members could help you to make this multilanguage. just theory... don't really know... As a "member" from my tests I could see that stringable part is on the resourses because my mui did not transalate it just like it does on the original.

I never said that I know how to make it. Instead I would have already made that and given this to you ready. I really hate "words". I think that the only part I could work is giving to you the transalated in greek. I believe it is a hard work to do and I thought that If you fix the stringable part then more and more members could help you to make this multilanguage. just theory... don't really know... As a "member" from my tests I could see that stringable part is on the resourses because my mui did not transalate it just like it does on the original.

stsaerox: I'm sorry. I agree that it's hard to correctly construct ideas using words so that everybody (including myself) understands. If I knew how to make it "stringable", then I'm sure that it would be made that way.

I looked at the original English language ACCESS.CPL in Reshacker, searching for "clues" on how to do so. All I found were dialog boxes and string tables with English text. There was no other language strings in that file. I also downloaded the Greek MUI package that you linked to and extract the contents of it. I looked in the ACCESS.CPL.MUI file using Reshacker and found both dialog box and string tables, all of it in Greek. There were no other language strings in that file, either.

Naturally, this is a surprise to me. I had assumed that each file contained enough "info" to represent it for each language. I was WRONG! Given this new information, I assume I would have to integrate the changes into each MUI file I could find on the system.... I see no way to integrate the MUI files into the XP source, which in a way is a relief because it's less than I have to check for, but still.....

Please do it only if you can understand what i'm trying to say. No demmands from me. I just hope to get a multilanguage version. In my cases these happen:

1.Installing windows XP with gr mui integrated and NOT with XPtsp Batch."All dialogs are greek".(normal known installation)

2.Installing windows XP with gr mui integrated and ALSO with XPtsp Batch. "dialogs replased by XPtsp Batch REMAIN english"(installation with XPtsp Batch)

The second case is my problem and I assume that the part(the stringable?)that allows dialogs to change in any language is missing from XPtsp Batch resources.

technical information is hard to give, for me.

I have tired this on a German version, all seems to work except the boot screen never gets patched( no wonder though , it has a different IDs, majority of the files are well done,)

Edited by qwesta

Is it worth trying on greek version of windows or it is just in english, nothing changes?
No problem. Trying to answer the question "Is it worth trying on greek version": Maybe. It depend on whether you want to read English.... I can say that once multi-language support has been built-in to the GUI, my answer changes to YES! Frankly, I don't know what the net result would be of applying the English resources to a non-English system. I suspect you will find that the English version of the dialog box would appear completely different than the Greek, and I'm not talking about the language, either.
I have tired this on a German version, all seems to work except the boot screen never gets patched( no wonder though , it has a different IDs, majority of the files are well done,)
Was the original language of your version of XP in German or English? Curious to know....

can viso live be updated so that it can patch the newer files like ie8 files...thnx

sorry but viso live is amnesia's project and ill let him handle it.

meanwhile you can try dougie's gui.

Hi

I was absent for a while...

In dialogue 4454 the bitmap is moved down in inetcpl.mui.res.

In deskadp.dll.res the icon covers letters "p" and "y" (Adapter Type).

Edited by Rud

bober if you like add this tweak

remove Address Text from explorer and ie

browselc.dll

String table>807>12902, "A&ddress"

remove this line and compile script

post-7011-1247616542_thumb.png

post-7011-1247616560_thumb.png

well i was wondering what tool are you using

to extract res files

i tried alot of programs and seems that i can't do it right

on shell32 there is always an error

well i was wondering what tool are you using

to extract res files

i tried alot of programs and seems that i can't do it right

on shell32 there is always an error

I use Restorator 2007.

ah man, its ben changed again? im not sure if the ie8 addon and the all in one update pack addon are synched or not but this is begining to be a pain. soem time its cabed some times its not depending of the version of the addon/update pack. i might do one last update cuz there are still a few things i think needs to be finalized but id realy wish everyone would use the xptspgui.

but thx for noticing tho.

ah man, its ben changed again? im not sure if the ie8 addon and the all in one update pack addon are synched or not but this is begining to be a pain. soem time its cabed some times its not depending of the version of the addon/update pack. i might do one last update cuz there are still a few things i think needs to be finalized but id realy wish everyone would use the xptspgui.

why don't you add a command to check the if the original file was uncompressed or compressed

and in cabbing section bypass cabbing it if it was uncabbed

i think that would fix the problem

I like this method (manual batch addon) better. Dos commands are saints. :type:

guys can you test the attachement,im pretty sure none of you use the same ie8 addon(or at least 1 of you, ;) mr.smartepants) so its a great way for me to test if the modifications i made dosent break the support for other ie8 addons out there.

XPtspbat.7z

guys can you test the attachement,im pretty sure none of you use the same ie8 addon(or at least 1 of you, ;) mr.smartepants) so its a great way for me to test if the modifications i made dosent break the support for other ie8 addons out there.

Worked OK for me. :)