XPtsp GUI v3.0.0.26 - February 27, 2012

dougiefresh

46 members have voted

1. 1. What language OS do you use XPtsp on?

• English
    • non-English
    • Both English and non-English

This poll is closed to new votes

ok found the problem.. maybe it can be fixed in the next version .. it doesnt work on vista... and i am not trying to patch vista files..my primary OS is vista and i am trying to patch XP Source files.. but tested on XP as primary OS it works :(

Mona: He wouldn't see the Page 3 screen simply because he is not running Windows XP. This is by-design, as the patcher is intended for XP.

avneet: Ok, I've looked through the code and found that I ASSUMED that the Integration option would be selected by the code when running the patcher on a non-XP system.... An assumption that was not only incorrect, but resulted in the patcher trying to patch the non-XP system. This morning I fixed that situation, so the next version should work with Vista for patching a XP source folder. Sorry about that!

Second, that screen that you showed: Is that on Vista? Because if it is, then that certainly would back up the statement that it tried to patch your OS, not a XP source folder.... and it would confirm my statement in the last paragraph....

Second, that screen that you showed: Is that on Vista? Because if it is, then that certainly would back up the statement that it tried to patch your OS, not a XP source folder.... and it would confirm my statement in the last paragraph....

That second screen is on a virtual machine.. (virtual box) running on vista .. but the operating system running in the virtual machine is XP Pro .. the source in which i intergrated the files.

and also the colour of the task manager didnt change ( i chose purple) and the extra programs dont get intergrated

Edited by avneet

I'm sorry. I guess I misunderstood what you were saying. I've fixed that error in the script, although it looks like I have a ways to go before repatcher works correctly.

I figured out what is going on with the Task Manager. The appropriate res file wasn't copied into place prior to copy the resources. That's been fixed. I'm gonna look into the programs issue that you mentioned.

I received a PM, as well as a video showing the error in the GUI, about a script recursion error on the Component Selection page. It took a while to figure it out (not to mention quite a few code changes), but it's been fixed.

cant wait for the updates and fixes.. :) u have done a very good job so far

and once ur done wit this u can make a windows seven pack..hehehhe.. i have downloaded and used the xp by cyberwarez.. they have modified to look like windows seven.. pretty awesome.. but they dont give the tansformation packs :(

avneet: Please check your PMs. Thanks!

STATUS UPDATE: Repatcher via CPL works. Repatcher at system boot kinda works. Installer on non-XPtsp-patched system works. Uninstaller has been fixed. Various other issues fixed.

What I'm working on right now is the code for "Installer on already XPtsp-patched system". It seems to pick up which files need to be patched in order to bring the system up-to-date, but then seems to complete ignore the entire list. I've been struggling with trying to figure out what is causing these problems, but I'm telling you, it's getting irritating with 3400+ lines of code to search through.... I'm hoping for a new release tomorrow. It just depends on how lucky I am with finding a solution to this problem.

Don't Remove Page 8 & Add To CPL applet.

hard work dougiefresh i hope not wearying because i love your project

and inexhaustible continue project

What's Changed in v1.4.6.4:

- Rewrote OS detection code for Live Installs, since Vista is detected as XP on some systems.

- All MD5 hashes are updated per GUI build.

- Removed all "About" links from installation pages.

- Added Page 2 for a License Agreement. Former Page 2 moved to Page 1, Page 1 to Page 0.

- Fixed Page 3 to force integration into a XP source instead of installation on non-XP systems.

- Fixed code in Page 7 that resulted in script aborting with recursion error.

- Fixed problem with Page 7 in which unchecking group didn't uncheck items in group.

- Fixed problem with Page 7 in which unchecking System Restore checked Boot screen.

- Removed Maintainance Mode from the script, as the functionality was redundant.

- Added "About" tab to Control Panel applet, with credits, thanks and links.

- Added "Updates" tab to Control Panel applet.

- Some files moved around so that all parts of a particular resource are together when zipped.

- Fixed Page 9 so that elapsed time is figured BEFORE calling next page.

- Fixed Repatcher code so that files that user didn't want patched don't get patch.

- Found MCE wallpaper location on Live system, add locations to XPtsp.ini.

- Modified all pages to disable current page after pressing Next/Start button.

- Modified replace file code to add file check in %WinDir%\LastGood\System32.

- File replacement happens at system restart now to get a few stubborn files replaced.

I've been experimenting with code to install only the resources that have changed between versions on systems with XPtsp already installed. However, I haven't gotten far. As a matter of fact, I'll probably have to rewrite some portion of the code in order to get it to work properly. I haven't had the energy lately to do so and decided today to release what I've got.

Oh, yeah! I almost forgot! Anyone running the patcher on a Vista system, please let me know if the patcher now works correctly integrating on Vista. I don't have a Vista machine available to test on. Thanks!

Anyone running the patcher on a Vista system, please let me know if the patcher now works correctly integrating on Vista.

I'll test this now. :)

*Edit,

Fail. Can't select the source folder. Error is "The selected folder does not contain the XP installation source files!"

Path to source: C:\Users\Erik\Desktop\XPPV

Edited by Mr_Smartepants

What's Changed in v1.4.6.4:

- Fixed Page 3 to force integration into a XP source instead of installation on non-XP systems.

avneet: Ok, Page 3 (the page where you select whether to do a Normal Install or an Integration) doesn't appear when the patcher is running on a Non-XP machine (such as Windows Vista). It will automatically default to the "Integrate To Source" option, unlike versions prior to v1.4.6.4, which just skipped that page (intentionally) and proceeded to try to install itself on the OS, regardless of the actual setting.

Now, if you want this page regardless of the OS it's running on, I can modify the code to do so. But I don't think it would be a good idea to do so on non-XP systems. This patcher was only intended to be run on either a XP system or a XP source folder. It may work on Windows 2000, but I don't know. I doubt it would run on Vista, but then again, we are modding the OS to look more like Vista, so what would be the point?

How does the rest of the program run for you under Vista? Do you see Page 5 (Live Install) or Page 4 (Integration)? When answering this question, make sure you're paying attention because the pages look alike! Thanks for the feedback!

(EDIT: Ooops! Looks like I didn't pay attention when I posted the screenshots.... Page 4 and 5 were swapped! I've fixed this issue with the 1st post, so the correct images will come up now!)

Everybody: XP Theme Source Patcher's web site has been reorganized and updated for completeness. I've got more work to do on the site once I complete the GUI, though.

I'm having a problem after installing v1.4.6.5. When trying to change my window theme I get the error "The visual styles could not be applied". The previous version I had installed worked fine (v1.4.6.0).

Thanks for all the effort here though, it's really appreciated.

post-6234-1240794526_thumb.jpg

It is a problem with uxtheme.dll. It happens when the sequence of bytes to replace is replaced not once, but twice. I thought I fixed that problem.... dangit! Give me a few minutes and I'll try to get you a solution.... I've fixed the code so that this doesn't happen again (hopefully).

Unfortunately, the "Modify Files" code (can be found in the CPL applet) doesn't work. I tried this with the installer and it didn't work there. I had forgotten about the CPL applet, so it is still enabled. I have to rewrite this (and other) code in order to make that work correctly....

So, I wrote a quick little program to fix the problem. Fix_UXTHEME.exe should fix this problem on your system.

(MD5: d3cb373aaaf7250bf8323095def1aba0, Size: 251kb)