XPtsp GUI v3.0.0.26 - February 27, 2012

dougiefresh

46 members have voted

1. 1. What language OS do you use XPtsp on?

• English
    • non-English
    • Both English and non-English

This poll is closed to new votes

still getting this error

Error: unable to read section "live patch"

was this fixed.

When do you get this error? Cause it doesn't occur during installation....

and i also had the theme problem.. will try again with the theme fix..

If the theme fix fails, what you will have to do is extract a copy of UXTHEME.DLL from your XP source (hint: run EXTRACT UXTHEME.DL_ UXTHEME.DLL) into the %ProgramFiles%\XPtsp\Backup folder, then run the fixer proggie.... Doing so should work....

When do you get this error? Cause it doesn't occur during installation....

during startup since that live patcher runs at startup( xptsp.exe /AUTOPATCH..shows in msconfig) and even when u run it from the cpl ..i also get the error.. am not sure y i am getting this .. is there any log file created.. maybe its conflicting with some addons..??

Also when i looked at the xptsp.ini file there is no live.patch section, but there was a "livepatch" so when i changed it to live.patch another error came up this time it was looking for live.replace.

just to make things clear i cud be making a mistake.. i just need that gui addon right or do i also have to intergrate the live patch addon

Also when i looked at the xptsp.ini file there is no live.patch section, but there was a "livepatch" so when i changed it to live.patch another error came up this time it was looking for live.replace.

The only place that "LivePatch" appears is in the i386\XPtsp.INF file. The XPtsp.INI is stored in i386\XPtsp.CAB in the i386 folder. I've modified the INF section labeled LivePatch to LiveInstall to try to avoid confusion between the 2 files....

during startup since that live patcher runs at startup( xptsp.exe /AUTOPATCH..shows in msconfig) and even when u run it from the cpl ..i also get the error.. am not sure y i am getting this .. is there any log file created.. maybe its conflicting with some addons..??

I've modified the script to resolve the filenames at the beginning of the script instead of at several points in the script. Not only should this resolve this, but it should make it easier for me in the future....

just to make things clear i cud be making a mistake.. i just need that gui addon right or do i also have to intergrate the live patch addon

................Huh? Live patch addon... what's that? The GUI should be able to build the INF/CAB file combo and place it into a i386 source without problem. I can't recommended using Bober's add-on along with the GUI. It may work, I'll grant you that, but you may have problems doing so. Then again, you may not have problems.... I don't know.

If you're asking whether you need the INF/CAB combo in your XP source folder, it's purpose is to provide repatcher abilities post-installation. Naturally, backups aren't available for this situation.... If you're not asking that question, then you'll have to explain to me what you're asking.....

uxtheme.dll was previously patched with Zacam's patch. This disc worked fine before using the GUI. :|
Sorry about that! The problem (which I didn't foresee) has been fixed in the GUI. Are you needing a virgin copy of SP3 UXTHEME.DLL?

What's Changed in v1.4.6.6:

- Fixed problem where message about missing "Clear_WFP_Message.vbs" keeps popping up.

- UXTHEME hexing code modified to fix "The visual styles could not be applied" problem.

- Fixed problem where Repatcher was launched and after repatch, Page 7 was pulled up.

- Flagged groups as non-patchable to avoid "mystery file" repatching problem.

- Moved code around so that internal file list gets built at beginning of program.

- Rewrote Page 7 file difference function to return correct values for each file.

- Modified code so that functions read the proper files for XPtsp re-installation.

General Notes:

- Please note that once the updating code is confirmed working, the "XPtsp_Diff" archive in the first post will be removed, as the updating code within the script will be taking care of that function.

- Installing XPtsp GUI on a system that has been installed/integrated previously by the GUI will result in only the files with modified resources being changed.

- I received a request to add a shortcut to invoke the "Component Selection" code in an already installed version. I forgot to put it in this version, but I have added this and will be available in the next version.

:ranting: Arghh, stupid code....... :doh: :shy: Ok, I've fixed the code so that two command-line parameters, "/OEMINFO" (which is the OEM Information Generator) and "/CACHE:5" (which is Clear Icon Cache, Then Delete Script function) get processed before anything else happens in the script. I'll post the updated SFX shortly.

EDIT: Here is the changelog:

What's Changed in v1.4.6.7:

- Added "/MODIFY" switch and "Modify XPtsp" shortcut to call Component Selection.

- Modified Page 7 to clarify what checkboxes mean during a non-install Component Selection.

- "Modify files" in CPL re-enabled after v1.4.6.6 disabled that functionality.

- Modified code so patcher completes uninstallation successfully w/o XPtsp.ini present.

- Modified code so that OEM Info Generator completes successfully w/o XPtsp.ini present.

:ranting: Arghh, stupid code....... :doh: :shy: Ok, I've fixed the code so that two command-line parameters, "/OEMINFO" (which is the OEM Information Generator) and "/CACHE:5" (which is Clear Icon Cache, Then Delete Script function) get processed before anything else happens in the script. I'll post the updated SFX shortly.

lol ok .. going to test again.. pheww... lol

I just figured out what's going on during XP Setup..... During processing of XPTSP.INF, Setup is extracting XPTSP.IN_ into XPTSP.INI from the i386 folder instead of from the XPTSP.CAB file.... Of course, this results in a file that doesn't have in it what's expected. I have come across this STOOPID XP bug during the development of DSI, and I should have remembered about it! So, I'm gonna rename the XPTSP.INF to XPTSPCOM.INF. Doing so should fix this particular bug.

If you want the XPtsp.ini file right now without reinstalling, browse to the i386 in the XP source folder and open XPTSP.CAB. It's in there. Just extract it to %ProgramFIles%\XPtsp, overwriting the current XPtsp.ini. That should fix that error message that you found in the patcher.

boom.jpgEDIT: Forgot about SYSOC.INF as well..... first test was a bomb....

EDIT2: Second test was successful. Only, did the integration ever produce more than one shortcut? Cause I only got one shortcut created for XPtsp.....

waiting for the fixed version to be uploaded.. :)
First post updated to point to new version.

What's Changed in v1.4.6.8:

- Renamed XPtsp.inf to XPtspCom.inf so that XP Setup doesn't copy wrong file to folder.

P.S how is the windows seven one going one.. windowsx released his transformation pack..but i always find his buggy.. cheers
It's not, yet. I've been focusing on the GUI at the moment. Edited by dougiefresh
Fixed changelog

finally that probelm has gone.. now just need to run update and see if any files changes and that the repatcher works

one typo in ur script... visual task tips .. doesnt start at startup becoz the entry is incorrect in the registery .. the file name shud be tasktips.exe but in the registry its visualtasktips.exe

How about you add vistart and truetransperancy and transbar.. that wud make it perfect

finally that probelm has gone.. now just need to run update and see if any files changes and that the repatcher works

one typo in ur script... visual task tips .. doesnt start at startup becoz the entry is incorrect in the registery .. the file name shud be tasktips.exe but in the registry its visualtasktips.exe

How about you add vistart and truetransperancy and transbar.. that wud make it perfect

truetransperancy is buggy.

hey Also the wuaucpl.cpl is defected i have fixed it............!!!!!

see

http://rapidshare.com/files/229777525/wuaucpl.cpl

******thankx

plz explain why it is defective.

Everybody: For some dumb reason, my computer isn't allowing me to upload to my Comcast site or the WinCert server. I finally managed to do so using another computer and I've updated the first post to reflect this!

avneet: I'm glad to hear that the bug you reported is finally fixed! It drove me crazy trying to figure out what was happening with the code.... just to figure out that it wasn't the code, but XP Setup was the problem!

www.CyberKhalsa.Co.Nr: Please read 2nd paragraph of first post. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

What's Changed in v1.4.6.9:

- Fixed uninstaller so that program isn't launched again and shortcuts are removed.

- Added code to flag which programs and/or options were set during installation.

- Added message in log indicating how long patching took for non-repatching activities.

- Modified code so that the working environment is fixed if required for compliance.

- Moved all lines from Current.ini into the registry.

The updated compiled script should be available via the updates functionality. The script will take care of moving the settings from Current.ini into the registry for those updating the patcher.

Update: I'm sorry.... I really don't know how this topic got closed.... but it's open again! Anyways, my computer is running as it should again, so updates should be coming out without the problems I was encountering prior to complete re-install of my computer.....

What's Changed in v1.4.6.10:

- Fixed code so that the current file info is taken out of correct registry branch.

- Added 7za.exe and Process.exe to XPtsp.CAB, as it is impossible to update without them.

===========================================================

What's Changed in v1.4.6.11:

- File structure changed in order to better support theme support.

- Added environmental fix to move resources from "Resources\Green" back to "Resources".

- Modified code to move wallpaper from "Resources\Green" back to "Extra".

NOTE: As I was starting on the theme support for this script, I had made some modifications to the file structure of the SFX. Each theme has it's own "unique" wallpaper and I had to move the wallpapers to the resources folder so that the theme would be built properly.

The building script rebuilt the v1.4.6.10 SFX with the new file structure and uploaded that. Naturally, v1.4.6.10 is incompatible with the new file structure.... It has been taken care of in v1.4.6.11. I apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

Edited by dougiefresh

Ok, I thought I'd show you what I've been working on. (or maybe I'm a little bored...) It's not done yet, so hopefully by the time Bober gets his batch v1.4.7 done, my v1.4.7 will be ready to roll. So here are the preview screenshots for my next release:

Revised Page 8 (Additional Options):

Page8a.JPG Page8b.JPG Page8c.JPG Page8d.JPG

Revised CPL Applet:

Page30a.JPG Page30b.JPG Page30c.JPG Page30d.JPG Page30e.JPG

Hi dougiefresh, i got some problem when i applied GUI patcher1.4.6.11 on a clean english XP sp3 source

,the process always frozen at an error tip NO RESOURCES FOUND IN THE PROPER FOLDER,i had tried by putting the patcher into different location,still no luck to make it work,instead i got the same problem,so pls give me some help.

---TSP.log ----

XPtsp v1.4.6.11 Patching Started: 05/28/2009 02:22
======================================================================
Removing Read-Only Attributes from Files

Extracting contents of SP3.CAB
MSG: No files found to patch inside "SP3.CAB"!

Replacing AutoPlay program
Starting to overwrite files in the I386 folder:
- Compressing AIRPLANE.BMP
- Compressing BACKDOWN.JPG
- Compressing BACKOFF.JPG
- Compressing BACKOVER.JPG
- Compressing BACKUP.JPG
- Compressing BLUE_SS.DLL
- Compressing BTN1.GIF
- Compressing BTN2.GIF
- Compressing BTN3.GIF
- Compressing BUTTERFL.BMP
- Compressing CAR.BMP
- Compressing CERTMGR.MSC
- Compressing CIADV.MSC
- Compressing CLASSIC.THE
- Compressing COMEXP.MSC
- Compressing COMPMGMT.MSC
- Compressing DEVMGMT.MSC
- Compressing DFRG.MSC
- Compressing DIALUP.GIF
- Compressing DISKMGMT.MSC
- Compressing DNSMGMT.MSC
- Compressing DUCK.BMP
- Compressing EVENTVWR.MSC
- Compressing FINI.HTM
- Compressing FROG.BMP
- Compressing FSMGMT.MSC
- Compressing GPEDIT.MSC
- Compressing GREENSHD.GIF
- Compressing GRN_BTN.GIF
- Compressing GUEST.BMP
- Compressing GUITAR.BMP
- Compressing HOME_SS.DLL
- Compressing HORSES.BMP
- Compressing IDENT2.HTM
- Compressing IIS.MSC
- Compressing INTRO.WMV
- Compressing LOGON.SCR
- Compressing LUNA.MST
- Compressing LUNA.THE
- Compressing LUSRMGR.MSC
- Compressing METAL_SS.DLL
- Compressing MSLOGO.JPG
- Compressing NEWBTM1.JPG
- Compressing NEWBTM8.JPG
- Compressing NEWMARK1.JPG
- Compressing NEWMARK8.JPG
- Compressing NEWTOP1.JPG
- Compressing NEWTOP8.JPG
- Compressing NEXTDOWN.JPG
- Compressing NEXTOFF.JPG
- Compressing NEXTOVER.JPG
- Compressing NEXTUP.JPG
- Compressing NTMSMGR.MSC
- Compressing NTMSOPRQ.MSC
- Compressing PALMTREE.BMP
- Compressing PERFMON.MSC
- Compressing PNKFLOWR.BMP
- Compressing PRODKEY.GIF
- Compressing QMARK.GIF
- Compressing REDFLOWR.BMP
- Compressing REDSHD.GIF
- Compressing RSOP.MSC
- Compressing SECPOL.MSC
- Compressing SERVICES.MSC
- Compressing SKATER.BMP
- Compressing SKIPDOWN.JPG
- Compressing SKIPOFF.JPG
- Compressing SKIPOVER.JPG
- Compressing SKIPUP.JPG
- Compressing SOCCER.BMP
- Compressing TITLE.WMA
- Compressing WELCOME.HTM
- Compressing WMIMGMT.MSC
- Compressing XPBALLN.WAV
- Compressing XPBATCRT.WAV
- Compressing XPBATLOW.WAV
- Compressing XPBLKPOP.WAV
- Compressing XPCRTSTP.WAV
- Compressing XPDEF.WAV
- Compressing XPDING.WAV
- Compressing XPERROR.WAV
- Compressing XPEXCL.WAV
- Compressing XPHDFAIL.WAV
- Compressing XPHDINST.WAV
- Compressing XPHDREM.WAV
- Compressing XPINFBAR.WAV
- Compressing XPLOGOFF.WAV
- Compressing XPLOGON.WAV
- Compressing XPMENU.WAV
- Compressing XPMIN.WAV
- Compressing XPNOTIFY.WAV
- Compressing XPPRINT.WAV
- Compressing XPRECYCL.WAV
- Compressing XPRESTOR.WAV
- Compressing XPRINGIN.WAV
- Compressing XPRNGOUT.WAV
- Compressing XPSHUTDN.WAV
- Compressing XPSTART.WAV
- Compressing XPSTARTU.WAV

Patching WBEMOC.INF
Building contents of XPTSP.CAB

by the way i tried a program "Microangelo On Display" from here

when free just try,the functions use large icon at desktop,adjust distance between icons and change windows font/size are awesome,i think many guys use high resolutions and LCD's screen would benefit from thsese,so if possible could you create some codes like those and add them in GUI patcher.