XPtsp GUI v3.0.0.26 - February 27, 2012

dougiefresh

46 members have voted

1. 1. What language OS do you use XPtsp on?

• English
    • non-English
    • Both English and non-English

This poll is closed to new votes

I also get an advanced INF failure (I think it's WMP*****.inf, I'll doublecheck) when using with Media Center Edition.

For my MCE, I use my same XP Pro SP3/IE8/WMP11 source, then add Ricktendo's XP to MCE addon with his Win7 MCE mod.

This setup works flawlessly with Bober's XPtsp Batch file so I don't know what the GUI is doing to break it.

This MCE source is also affected by the same Home boot bug (reports at boot as XP Pro).

So to recap, the XPtsp GUI only works (for me) with XP Pro. :(

What do you need me to do to help fix this?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry my response to your questions has been glacial.... Life has been kinda hectic lately. I think I've got the bootscreen resource files straightened out, courtsey of Mr. FixIt. I'll upload them this weekend.

In order to try to reproduce the issue, we need more information. Please tell me what options you were using when you integrated using the GUI. When you were using Bober's batch, did you use the add-on or just the batch version? Which IE8 and WMP11 add-ons were you using to create your install? Was your XP Pro copy a OEM, retail, or VLK? I assume it's an English version of XP, right?

Hopefully, with more information, we will be able to determine what's causing the problem....

Man.. I so like this stuff and wouldn't want my XP without it anymore.. just a few comments if I may..

With the gui version every install does the repatch.. so I get asked quite a few times to reboot because files got patched

Only batchfile I seem to be abel to download anymore is 1.4.6.0...

And are there any other changes involved besides graphic interface?

Thnx guys

1) Please tell me what options you were using when you integrated using the GUI.

2) When you were using Bober's batch, did you use the add-on or just the batch version?

3) Which IE8 and WMP11 add-ons were you using to create your install?

4) Was your XP Pro copy a OEM, retail, or VLK? I assume it's an English version of XP, right?

1) All defaults except in "component selection". 'Hex-edit'-unchecked (I use Zacam's during main integration), 'Addl programs'-all unchecked except DSI & CAD2009, 'Prgm resources'-OEMinfo gen is unchecked (I use my own).

2) Batch, I rarely use the addon anymore.

3) WMP11 integrated using boooggy's integrator, OnePiece_IE8_WinXPSP3_v1.5.0_AddOn_ENU (was using Sereby's ENU IE8 addon, but switched)

4) XP Pro OEM & VLK, XP Home OEM, XP Pro OEM modded with Ricktendo64 MCE addon.

All updatepacks/addons added using RVMI except for Ricks MCE which is added in nlite.

Wolfsoul: Batch v1.4.7.1 is available at the XPtsp site. Unfortunately, it's not listed on the website at this time. (That'll be fixed this weekend) So here is a direct link: XPtsp.v1.4.7.1_batch.exe.

As for the Batch changelog, you would have to look at the XPtsp Batch v1.4.7.1 thread for more information, as I don't have that information. The GUI changelog is available here.

EDIT: I'll be looking into the repatch issue as well. Thanks for the info...

Mr_Smartepants: Thanks for the info....

EDIT: I'll build an XP Pro using the WMP11 and IE8 add-ons you specified. However, I forgot to ask which update pack you were using....

Edited by dougiefresh

I was gonna test the various XP installs, see if I can duplicate the problem on various systems. I realize that the bootscreen isn't an issue on XP Pro, but I'm hoping to figure out what's up with the patcher across a variety of installs.

I can't download Rick's XP to MCE add-on, nor the Win7 mod add-on. Any chance you can send them to me? Thanks!

OK, tested with an XP Pro source, with the UP, IE8 addon, WMP11 integrator. After integration, I copied the source to another folder and integrated Rick's MCE addon into this duplicate source.

The ONLY difference between the two sources was the addition of the MCE addon to one of the folders.

Integrated XPtsp 2.0.0.4 (downloaded fresh "green.7z") into both sources and built two .iso files.

Tested in VirtualBox

XP Pro worked perfectly. WMP11/IE8 worked/looked perfect.

XP Pro/MCE crashed with the following error at first user setup.

2hpm6fk.png

Hope this helps you a bit more.

*Edit

Rick just updated his MCE addon. I've retested using the updated addon and this issue still persists. Without using XPtsp GUI, this addon works without error.

Edited by Mr_Smartepants

Mr_Smartepants: I've managed to successfully build a XP Pro with the Media Center components with IE8 and WMP11 integrated. However, I haven't had time to do much else....

Everybody: Because of the major site restructuring to clean up the site, the current version of the GUI is NOT compatible with the structure of XPtsp.com. Please expect a new version of the GUI in about two weeks, which is probably when I will actually have some free work to work on it.

In addition, I'll have the NeonBlue package ready for use with the GUI. Unfortunately, the new package uses a completely different Extras folder, so I plan to split the Extra's folder off of the GUI SFX and include both as a downloadable package, too.

I have managed to figure out how to make the site "compatible" with older versions by redirecting requests to the proper folder. That having been done, I'm moving the http://xptsp.filetap.com url to the new site since everything should work properly.

EDIT: Struck everything out.... I've been told that the server times out if the download takes too long, so until v2.1.0.0 comes out, I'm moving the http://xptsp.filetap.com back to my Comcast account.

Edited by dougiefresh

What's Changed in v2.0.1.0:

- Modified last-minute code to check the OS type before patching bootscreen.

- Modified download page so that counters are incremented before each download.

- Modified download page so that package is downloaded from correct location.

Everybody: At this moment, I can't support the NeonBlue package via the GUI without some major alterations to the code, such as seperating the Extra's folder out and making the GUI download a Extra's package. Doing this will make the GUI SFX much smaller, something like 1.6mb in size, which will mean that the update code has to be changed as well. So while this release isn't everything I intended to do, this interim release works with the functionality provided by the new website, both for the counters and the site structure.

All hits from the older versions of the GUI have been redirected to my Comcast account. I have no intention of updating the packages stored there, nor adding to those packages, so if you want updated packages, please upgrade to the latest version of the GUI. I am doing this as a courtesy to our users so that people with older versions can still use their copies. Thank you for understanding.

===========================================================================

Mr_Smartepants: I apologize about the delay in fixing the problem. Hopefully checking for the OS type in the last-minute code will correct the bootscreen problem you found. I haven't looked into the missing WMPEnc.exe file or the advanced INF problem yet....

Mc Hammer: I don't have a problem if you want to translate the English.ini file (right-click to download. Or you can also translate the English.ini in the GUI SFX. Either way, I'll include the translation in the GUI once you've translated it. Be aware that the language files only covers the GUI, not the resources.

Mr_Smartepants: I apologize about the delay in fixing the problem. Hopefully checking for the OS type in the last-minute code will correct the bootscreen problem you found. I haven't looked into the missing WMPEnc.exe file or the advanced INF problem yet....

Awesome. I'll get testing right away and report back. Thanks for the update.

*Edit,

Still getting the .inf failure in MCE. As a result, the bootscreen doesn't get modified and all other first-logon installers are broken.

Testing Pro now, Home later.

Edited by Mr_Smartepants

Just tested 2.0.1.0 with a fresh d/l of green.7z on XP Home SP3 (same addons as before).

Black boot screen still shows XP Pro, not Home (even after first boot repatch). :(

XP Pro works fine though, but it always had.

Edited by Mr_Smartepants

• 4 weeks later...

What's Changed in v2.0.1.1:

- Updated AutoIt to newest beta version.

- Added code to check to see if installer resides on writable medium.

- Modified XPtspCom.INF to add RunOnceEx entry during Windows Setup.

- Modified expanding code to return the internal filename of an compressed file.

- Removed Invalid folder line from Theme Selection page.

- Rewrote part of Theme page for bug workaround in latest AutoIt beta version.

- Modified Components page so that counters are incremented for .NET Framework.

- Changed list of web servers for downloading and updating components.

Mr_Smartepants: This update should fix the missing file problem. I believe that when the GUI was extracting files, on occasion a file would get extracted to another filename. This situation wasn't picked up on the script, so the file literally got deleted. The new code literally looks for the filename extracted and passes it back to the calling function, so hopefully, there won't be any missing files from now on.

EDIT: I think it is worth mentioning that I couldn't reproduce the WMPEnc.exe error you got, but I also couldn't download all the WMP patches to use with the WMP11 Slipstreamer.... The above mentioned fix should fix the WMP11 INF error, since the GUI doesn't touch that INF....

I've modified the INF to add a RunOnceEx entry during Windows Setup, so anything requiring last-minute patching will happen after the GUI part of Windows Setup has rebooted the machine. Hopefully, it'll take care of the bootscreen issue you reported.

On other notes, I was unable to reproduce the Setup.exe bug that you reported.

Sweet! I'll get to testing this right away!

Incidentally, the corrupted setup.exe tends to resolve itself once I reboot the host system. It's probably a glitch with Win7 since I run the GUI with "run as admin" under a normal user acct.

*Edit

LOL, the download speed bug is back. :) This while downloading a fresh copy of "green.7z" from the new GUI.

I know for a fact my download speed is capped at 1100kb/sec (speedtest).

j0a1c7.png

*Edit 2

Still failed with the same advanced .inf failure as before. :(

Testing with Home now.

Edited by Mr_Smartepants