XPtsp GUI v3.0.0.26 - February 27, 2012

dougiefresh

46 members have voted

1. 1. What language OS do you use XPtsp on?

• English
    • non-English
    • Both English and non-English

This poll is closed to new votes

Updated theme packages are available online!

BTW, I've decided that once the "theme uploader" is written (referenced here), it will probably be integrated into the XPtsp script. FTP access to the XPtsp server is required in order to use the new functionality....

In addition, other language batch files have been posted to the XPtsp.com website...

Mr_Smartepants: That is awesome! Thanks for the feedback!

Everybody: Let me make one correction to a prior statement: Version 2.0.1.4 will be the last version that contains the "Extra" folder UNLESS someone reports issues worthy of another update prior to Version 2.1.0.0.

Home and Pro work fine now with the GUI, but my Pro-modified-to-MCE is still broken and I don't know why.

It's good to hear that Home and Pro work fine! That situation is one that I forgot to test on. Let me set up a "Pro-modified-to-MCE" install and see if I can figure out why it gets broken by the GUI....

What's frustrating is bober's batch XPtsp works perfect on all three.

Well, I suspect that since Bober's batch doesn't add any new files to the XP install folder, this is probably a INF issue... Have you tried to test with a XPtsp addon version? I'm curious to see if it makes any difference.... Anyways, I'll see if I can figure this out because it isn't right that the GUI breaks an install....

Have you tried to test with a XPtsp addon version? I'm curious to see if it makes any difference....

No, but I'll try it now and report back.

*Edit,

Yup. The 1.4.7.1 batch addon worked perfectly with the MCE version. And all the additional XPtsp apps worked too.

I'll try the GUI again with stripped down options and report back.

*Edit 2,

Strange, now the GUI doesn't work at all, regardless of source folder used. :?

wlfaf4.png

Edited by Mr_Smartepants

Also, the "Copy source files" checkbox can't be clicked with the mouse. I had to tab-spacebar to select it.

1MB of 1MB copied???

apjhux.png

Then after the filecopy, I got this error.

2zgryvk.png

These are very odd errors. I've never seen them before. I even redownloaded the GUI and green theme and checked the MD5. All match.

Very strange.

This morning as I was testing the script, I realized that last night's server modifications had made the GUI not work properly.... Earlier today, I corrected the PHP script on the server in order to fix the problem, so hopefully you won't get those errors anymore. I apologize for any inconvenience this caused....

EDIT: About the "Copy Source" checkbox, I don't understand why it doesn't work like it's supposed to. I haven't made it any different than any other checkbox I've made....

EDIT2: Okay, I ran into an error during Setup. It's asking for ROYALE.MST from the MEDIACTR.CAB file. I checked that CAB file and found that the files are compressed (like ROYALE.MS_) instead of uncompressed like they should be. That is probably what is breaking the install, so I'll fix the script on how it deals with the MCE CABs. I'll manually undo the wrongly compressed files and see if that fixes the problem with the install....

EDIT3: Regarding the "Requested action with this object has failed" problem, I haven't had this issue during my testing but let me research it.

EDIT3: Regarding the "Requested action with this object has failed" problem, I haven't had this issue during my testing but let me research it.

Yeah, disregard those errors. I must have had some rogue files in the temp dir. Cleaning everything out and a few restarts later it's all working again.

Well, it may have solved the problem for you, but I found a possible source of the problem. It has to do with creating objects in AutoIt. Failure to create an object can result in the error you saw. So I've added some checks around the animated gif code in order to protect the program from a crash.

I've also fixed the copying box that you reported the "1 mb of 1 mb copied" screenshot....

EDIT: I've launched another test of my Pro-as-MCE edition in order to verify my conclusion, as I'm sure the install was screwed up by the improper compression. I wasn't able to fix it manually, but I'm hoping that patching the source with the GUI will work.

EDIT2: Pro-as-MCE edition works normally now using the new code fix! Woo-Hoo!

What's Changed in v2.0.1.5:

- Corrected some minor Back/Next button issues in the code.

- Corrected downloading window so that proper information is shown.

- Fixed MCE handling code so that files within MEDIACTR.CAB aren't compressed.

- Added error checking around animated gif for loading image.

I just realized something. The MCE component isn't patched in a "XP Home"-modified-to-be-MCE install.... I've altered the script so that Media Center detection is separate from detecting whether it is Home/Pro, since it is possible that integrating any of the MCE add-ons into XP Home makes it a XP Media Center Edition.... Since this isn't a big deal to me (and I hope not to you), you'll see this change in the next version.

Hi dougiefresh!

Just a thought, I'm looking forward to trying this with a build I'm planning. Has anyone tried using this on a build made with the Tablet PC addon by CODYQX4? How about on an "ultimate" build with both the Media Center and Tablet PC addons? Just wondered if I'm a trail blazer or not, or if anyone has already cleared the way. (Forgive me if you already covered this somewhere in the previous 18 pages and I missed it somehow! HaHa)

Cheers and Regards

Edited by bphlpt

That's a good question. I'm not aware of anyone trying it with a TabletPC add-on, however, i don't think that it'll make a difference. There are no TabletPC components that are modified by XPtsp.

EDIT: Oh, yeah.... I don't think you missed it. I don't recall ever talking about the Tablet PC components.

Okay, I'll look into it.

EDIT: I found the reason for the error in the script. What happened is the script tries to read in a section from the INI it downloaded, clears the combo box, THEN checks to see if the script was able to read the INI. The error value was cleared by the clearing of the combo box, so the script thought that reading the INI went fine. Of course, that being false lead to the crash....

Okay, I'll look into it.

EDIT: I found the reason for the error in the script. What happened is the script tries to read in a section from the INI it downloaded, clears the combo box, THEN checks to see if the script was able to read the INI. The error value was cleared by the clearing of the combo box, so the script thought that reading the INI went fine. Of course, that being false lead to the crash....

Then whats the cure or i Have to Wait for next version or is there some temp fix.

I'm aiming for a weekend release of version 2.1.0.0. If I can't get version 2.1.0.0 released this weekend, it'll be version 2.0.1.6 (which is v2.1.0.0 minus the extra's downloading stuff).... Unfortunately (for me), there is still a bunch of work to do on the extra's downloading page. I also need to update the updating code to download the SFX instead of a CAB file with the newest executable.

EDIT: There is no "temporary fix" for this issue, but it will be fixed in the next version (whatever version number that is). I apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your understanding!

Status Update: This weekend, I won't be releasing a version 2.0.1.6 of the GUI. I didn't realize how many places in the code would be affected by the decision to remove the Extra folder, in particular, the updates code. For example, it suddenly became reasonable to download the SFX in order to update the code instead of a CAB file in order to update the executable. After all, the SFX can update most stuff than the previous code could....

Please note that the changes I'm making SHOULD allow older versions of the GUI to update, however, for best results, updating to the newest version will ALWAYS been recommended!

I hope everybody has had a Merry Christmas! I sure have!

Update: For anyone that is interested, I have been working long and hard on version 2.1.0.0 of the patcher script. The current changelog is online here. (I doubt I'll add anything more to the changelog for this version...) It should be released tomorrow, barring any unforeseen difficulties...

Update 12/27: I've split off a post into a new topic. It revolves around the CABLITE.DLL. If anybody is interested, please visit the new thread here. Thanks!

What's Changed with Version 2.1.0.0:

Major Modifications:

- No Extra folder is included in the XPtsp GUI SFX.

- Added new page to use current or download updated Extra and DSI components.

- Additional Options page now shows animated bootscreens when enlarged.

- Correct bootscreen is now shown in Additional Options bootscreen window.

- Rewrote Integration/Installation page to have 2 bars for task and total complete.

- Rewrote ISO creation page to integrate progress bar into the page.

- Control Panel applet tabs rearranged with a More Tools and a rewritten Tools tab.

- Updates code moved from Control Panel applet into it's own window.

- Rewrote Updates code to download GUI and updated resources.

- Integration: Repatcher (aka SFX) is now installed via SVCPACK folder.

- Integration: Bootscreen patched during integration instead of during SVCPACK.

- Integration: CAB patching optimized by patching where they were extracted to.

Smaller Modifications:

- GUI SFX has version information stored in the SFX header.

- GUI SFX now requires Adminstrative Priviledges in order to execute.

- License page allows user to check whether to prompt about license ever again.

- Seperated MCE detection from Home/Pro detection in the code.

- Added code to Integration page to show if MCE components are detected.

- Fixed minor array issue after Page 4/5 when server appears to be offline.

- Removed .NET Framework option and related code from Component Selection.

- Enlarged Bootscreen and TaskMgr screens can't be closed by clicking on image anymore.

- Reshacker calls rewritten to assist with detection of Cancel button presses.

- Added REGEDIT.EXE and TASKMGR.EXE hex editing to enable displaying hi-res icons.

- CAD2009 now is modified to use the theme's LogonUI background.

- Completion page changed to show "Minutes:Seconds" instead of "Total Seconds".

- Original XP MCE install is now shown as "XP Pro" with MCE components.

- Fixed minor array issue with date-to-text conversion function.

Everybody: You will have to download the Extra's package with this new version, however, once you download it, you won't have to again until another package gets uploaded. If a newer version of the SFX comes out, you can just download the SFX and use the previously downloaded components that you already have. This means a reduced bandwidth usage for my website, as well as for the users of the XPtsp GUI.

Slight Update: I've uploaded the latest GUI to my 4shared account and reuploaded all the pictures, so everything in the first post should be up-to-date now.