Non-Specific Theme Discussion....

dougiefresh

Should the current shortcut arrow be replaced?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Here are 2 alternatives for the current short cut arrow

• [url="http://gamblerfexonlin.deviantart.com/art/Vista-Shortcut-Overlay-icon-48579825"]"soft round arrow"[/url][img]http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/5194/vistashortcutoverlayico.png[/img]
    • [url="http://rhetticus.deviantart.com/art/Black-Vista-Shortcut-Overlay-86950799"]"Black Vista arrow"[/url][img]http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/1460/blackvistashortcutoverl.png[/img]
    • No! dont change it. keep:[img]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/9623/96709582.png[/img]

Sometime, when I drag & drop some files are moved instead to be copied by swift hdd :grin:

My eyes sometimes do not catch it what is written moving, coping even deleting, but for them it are easier to recognize colours.

So, I changed colours of animation and it is easier to manage files for me.

If you want to have the animation, let me know than I upload it.

vlcsnap2009072416h29m18.jpg

vlcsnap2009072416h29m35.jpg

vlcsnap2009072416h29m49.jpg

Edited by Rud

Sometime, when I drag & drop some files are moved instead to be copied by swift hdd :grin:

My eyes sometimes do not catch it what is written moving, coping even deleting, but for them it are easier to recognize colours.

So, I changed colours of animation and it is easier to manage files for me.

If you want to have the animation, let me know than I upload it.

vlcsnap2009072416h29m49.jpg

I agree. I like it.

But I think the colors should be:

Blue = Move

Red = Delete

Green = Copy

I agree. I like it.

But I think the colors should be:

Blue = Move

Red = Delete

Green = Copy

OK

vlcsnap2009072509h49m33.jpg

There are two examples of "deleting" and blue for "moving".

Packed animation

md5: f039b00555d4bf03456c14e5cd1cefe3

size: 915 KB

Edited by Rud

Sorry, I've been away from the forum for a few days. I noticed a number of posts were in the XPtsp Batch thread that had no relation to that topic, so I moved those posts to this thread since this is a non-theme specific thread for discussion. In the future, please post in the proper thread! It helps everybody to do so! Thanks!

If there is a need for another thread, please let me or Bober or Fixit know via PM and we will discuss the need there.

There is not new idea for save space to use 7z for compression instead rar.

I prepared small extension for XPtsp.

Content of compressor.exe put into XPtsp folder.

recompression_7zsfx.cmd can compress XPtsp by 7z and makes sfx.

In result there is new exe-pack

20090731001104.jpg

It is demanded to put code in XPtsp.bat for removing the compressor after integration.

It can look that

:end
for %%i in ("7ztmp" "%tmp%" "%res%" "NRIE7en" "ie8" "%xtra%" "%sptmp%" "mcetmp" "wmptmp" "Compressor" "Programs") do if exist %%i rd /s /q %%i
del "recompression_7zsfx.cmd" /q /f

When you re-compress XPtsp1.4.7.1 the new size is 39,3 MB instead 58,3 MB.

You can change whatever you like in the compressor.exe

compressor.exe

Size: 366 kB

md5: ec7f922f73df9cfbf5a1d70162fc14f5

New version of compressor 1.0b. Added ico to the pack.

As it before, unpack Compressor v1.b.7z to yours unpacked "XPtsp.v1.4.7.1_batch" catalogue. It is demanded to put some extra code in XPtsp.bat for removing the compressor after integration.

Replace

for %%i in ("7ztmp" "%tmp%" "%res%" "NRIE7en" "ie8" "%xtra%" "%sptmp%" "mcetmp" "wmptmp" "Programs") do if exist %%i rd /s /q %%i

It is easily to find at the end of XPtsp.bat.

With this:

for %%i in ("7ztmp" "%tmp%" "%res%" "NRIE7en" "ie8" "%xtra%" "%sptmp%" "mcetmp" "wmptmp" "Compressor" "Programs") do if exist %%i rd /s /q %%i
del "recompression_7zsfx.cmd" /q /f

Run recompression_7zsfx.cmd and you receive new smaller updated XPtsp pack.

In file XPtsp.batch_7zsfx.txt there is line

Title="XP Theme Source Patcher v.1.4.x"

It is the name of window, you can change for accurate name.

20090806172106.jpg

Compressor v1.b.7z

Size: 254 kB

md5: 44682f230e15018e782db017b058b8f5

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi I don't know if anyone has seen this but in all versions of this except for the green one the downloading progress dialogue hardly appears and when it does it's over sized I could fix it if I knew where to look anyway someone needs to fix it :thumbsup_anim:

Hi I don't know if anyone has seen this but in all versions of this except for the green one the downloading progress dialogue hardly appears and when it does it's over sized I could fix it if I knew where to look anyway someone needs to fix it :thumbsup_anim:

newbeyninja: I've "fixed" an issue with the site that causes the download dialog not to show up, but to redirect to the batch download page. This fix consisted of removing the automatic forwarding that the site does to the file to get. So downloading any batch version will require an additional click. I hope that this is what you were referring to.... If not, let me know.

Robi450: Interesting pictures... Would like to see the videoes, too. Perhaps a way can be found to include them via the GUI without repacking the "Extra"s folder....

• 2 months later...

Is there a way to replace/customize autorun & OOBE.. they all seem to be black/dark in all the themes and it's bugging me lol

Yes, there is a way to customize the GUI Extra's package. You must first unpack the Original.Extra package (assuming you're modifying the Original Extra's), using any decompression program you like. Make your modifications to the files, then use 7zip to compress the files back down in the 7z format. I prefer to use LZMA method for compression, 64MB dictionary with solid block size, as these settings produce the smallest file. (Of course, it doesn't matter if you don't need to upload/download it....)

As for the AutoRun, you can decompress it and modify the background to your liking. When recompressing it, use the above mentioned settings, then use the files from this post. It contains the SFX module and the Config.txt that must be combined in order to create the SFX. DO NOT use the standard 7zip SFX module, as it cannot set the needed environmental variable which the AutoRun program requires.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that there are actually 3 different sets of OOBE files, as well as 3 different AutoRuns. The Professional is in the root of the Extra's folder, Home Edition is in the Home\ folder, and MCE is in the MCE\ folder.

Depends on how you pack the 7z file.... I pack my 7z files into what is called "Solid" packs and the every version of the 7zip program I've tried won't add files to it because it would have to repack all the files. But if you don't pack it as a solid pack, then maybe.... I just dunno. I use solid 7z files because the size is the smallest....

So for XPTSp you create all the files then 7-zip (not update the green pack inside the file for example)

I tell you.. I have NEVer done 7zip exes and commands and all that stuff lol More of a designer than a tech or programmer..

• 2 weeks later...

No, all the AutoRun files are contained in the executable file. It's a 7zip SFX executable. Simply unpack it and make your modifications to the files held within the folder for it. I actually found a post with a batch file to recombine the 7zip SFX header and config file with whatever 7zip file you create.