Problem in Xp (vista sound packs)

Saad

I m having serious issue concerning vista sound packs for xp....everytime my windows install sound packs below(tried all packs 1 by 1) through SVCPACK folder,its 100% install bt startup sound & shutdown sound cannot b played when it hav to...no sound comes when windows start & shutdown successfully....i hav tried theze packs:

Vista_Sound_Pack_delz

VistaRTM Sounds Default

OnePiece_Windows_Vista_Sounds_Full_AddOn_ITA

Ricks_HoldEm_AddOn_en

Ricks_UltimateSounds_AddOn_en

Ricktendo_VistasoundsAddOn

Now kindly plx tell me tht wht xactly problem is having to play it....any solution kindly..... :S

Edited by Saad

theres a way you can manually replace the sounds w/o using an addon. doing it this way will make them the default sounds, but also write over the older xp ones in the process.

there are probably many ways to do this, but this is how i did it, and it isnt too difficult.

1. find a vista sound pack. they will probably be pretty easy to find somewhere on the internet. i found mine on deviantart (make sure they are .wav files)

2. make sure that the vista sound file names match the that names for the xp ones. if they don't you'll have to rename them.

3. open up notepad and make a file with this:

@echo Off

title MakeCab all file in current directory

FOR %%L IN (*.*) DO makecab %%L /L ".\Cab"

exit

4. save the file as createcabs.cmd

5. place createcabs.cmd in the same directory where you have your vista sound files located.

double click on the createcabs.cmd and it should run a batch process and place newly created cabbed files in a folder named cab.

6. after that just copy the newly created cab files and paste inside the i386 folder. if you did it correctly, it will ask you if you want to overwrite the originals.

and there you have it. vista sounds replacing the xp ones by default

Edited by ccl0