Windows XP SP3

cygnus

Giving Microsoft's past, how long do you guys think it will be before SP3 is released? i hear its supposed to be out later next year, but givin ms's past, i think it might be out later than that.

i say around 2008 is when we can look forward to downloading and installing a 400mb patch :lol:

When I first read the title of ur post I thought, omg wtf :)

As far as I remember I read somewhere that it could be out along with Vista..but that's impossible IMHO B)

I think that Vista is far more important that XP SP3 :rolleyes:

When I first read the title of ur post I thought, omg wtf :)

As far as I remember I read somewhere that it could be out along with Vista..but that's impossible IMHO B)

I think that Vista is far more important that XP SP3 :rolleyes:

yah, thats what im thinking. vista is a higher priority, MS would get more from vista than SP3. hopefully though, they keep supporting XP for a while yet, im not upgrading to vista. from what i have seen in the beta, theyre changing and removing to much for me to really like it anymore.

ill change to linux before i change the vista, which might happen if they stop support XP.

personally, XP is the best os they have released yet (apart from 2000 and 2003) its the best one for laptops imo though, looks the nicest on LCD screens.

Screw Vista we need that **** SP3! Just because they really are behind schedule on Vista is no real reason for ignoring us XP users! Their standards used to be a SP a year and XP has been out for 5 years and we only have SP2. Comeon guys WTF?? Hell even 2003 is getting SP2 now. (Frigggin giant update though, over half the size of the **** os disk size)

Screw Vista we need that **** SP3! Just because they really are behind schedule on Vista is no real reason for ignoring us XP users! Their standards used to be a SP a year and XP has been out for 5 years and we only have SP2. Comeon guys WTF?? Hell even 2003 is getting SP2 now. (Frigggin giant update though, over half the size of the **** os disk size)

ahhh scary :blink: :lol: well, i hope sp3 includes some worth while updates. like... maybe the windows vista look perhaps? visual style would be kinda nice. then it would be right from MS so it would at least be clean and stuff. i like the MCE look the best though, think ill stick with that.

with sp3, i have a feeling they will incorporate some kinda garbage to kinda hold us back with what we can do. like all the security hoops you have to jump through on vista <_<

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I really don't think that Microsoft will spend much time for SP3 genuine validation considering that SP2 was released with no protection at all..

But the issue now is Vista genuine validation. Microsoft is planing to protect it more now than any OS before, which could lead to Microsoft labeling legitimate copies of Windows as

I really don't think that Microsoft will spend much time for SP3 genuine validation considering that SP2 was released with no protection at all..

Untrue, it checks for invalid product keys. SP2 will not install on machines with FCKGW keys.

• 3 weeks later...