Please Help

zEn

I have a really weird problem and i'm not sure what is wrong. I will try to make it as descriptive as possible. I am using

windows XP pro on my HP laptop.

My service wireless zero configuration is allways off, when i turn it on in administrative tools, then again i don't catch any

wireless network. Then I configure that in control panel ->network-> , i enable the card. It's look like it working but nothing.

The same thing when i restart or shutdown my laptop, next logon the wireless zero configuration is again off, even if I set

Automatic start in every startup. I try on Vista i don't have that problem all work fine. Can anyone help me ???

Guest snakecracker

did it have vista all ready installed with the laptop?

my mum has a HP laptop and i installed XP on it and the wireless did not work with XP.

only with vista. (do not know why!?)

so i installed Vista on the laptop and it worked.

so the problem is that it does not work with XP :(

Yes i set on automatic, But dosn't work. No I don't use other tweaking apps or any other apps than Win default. It's a 6730s HP model and i don't understand maybe really does not work with XP i don't know.

That's why i ask if someone can help me. No I installed Vista by my self, it has just FreeDos, and i have all drivers for both Vista and XP.

Sorry my bad english.

Yes i set on automatic, But dosn't work. No I don't use other tweaking apps or any other apps than Win default. It's a 6730s HP model and i don't understand maybe really does not work with XP i don't know.

That's why i ask if someone can help me. No I installed Vista by my self, it has just FreeDos, and i have all drivers for both Vista and XP.

Sorry my bad english.

This can be result of activity of 3rd party software or drivers installed with your wireless card.

Unfortunately some these "utilities" can't do any better than disabling the service.

So my call is to try and search for updated drivers from the manufacturer.

Please write down an error you get when you try to start Zero Wireless Config service.

So my call is to try and search for updated drivers from the manufacturer.

Please write down an error you get when you try to start Zero Wireless Config service.

There is no error message when I start Zero Wireless Config service. It's started ok, then I configure the card in control panel ->network->Local Area for Wireles->Properties , but can't find any network after that and I know that are at least three in area.

And stranges thing is that all seems like working fine.

Drivers are the latest from HP site.