VTP 9.1

Lawzy

It was working fine previously, then it just buggered up, there is no theme file for it in my themes, and i think it may have something to do with that lol, i now need to correct this problem, but no idea how or where i can get the replacment files needed

Graphics Card? UXTHEME Patch?....

You don't need a 9800GT to run a standard Windows XP Theme.....

All VTPs and Bricopacks patch the UXTHEME file anyway.

You wouldn't run a Vista Transformation Pack if you were running Vista, unless you were braindead....

1) Check to see if the the msstyles file is in "%WINDIR%\Resources\Themes\Windows Vista Aero"

2) Open Viwc.exe and repair the VTP

3) If that doesn't work, uninstall and reinstall.

4) If THAT doesn't work, use Vishal Gupta's Aero Theme, it's MUCH better. Google it :)

Graphics Card? UXTHEME Patch?....

You don't need a 9800GT to run a standard Windows XP Theme.....

All VTPs and Bricopacks patch the UXTHEME file anyway.

You wouldn't run a Vista Transformation Pack if you were running Vista, unless you were braindead....

1) Check to see if the the msstyles file is in "%WINDIR%\Resources\Themes\Windows Vista Aero"

2) Open Viwc.exe and repair the VTP

3) If that doesn't work, uninstall and reinstall.

4) If THAT doesn't work, use Vishal Gupta's Aero Theme, it's MUCH better. Google it :)

Thank you, someone with actual advide much appriaciated!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I'd still prefer Tuneup Utilities (Tuneup Styler) rather than uxtheme patch to enable 3rd party VS, since it will just "patch" the theme in the memory (instead of hacking the binaries). Even though it's a shareware, but still a very worthy app to buy imo. And it will work no matter OS build/minor version number/Service Pack/Update that you're using.

Edited by AMIRZ

I'd still prefer Tuneup Utilities (Tuneup Styler) rather than uxtheme patch to enable 3rd party VS, since it will just "patch" the theme in the memory (instead of hacking the binaries). Even though it's a shareware, but still a very worthy app to buy imo. And it will work no matter OS build/minor version number/Service Pack/Update that you're using.

well a small correction

any os but Win 7 << i'm waiting for the New Version working with Win 7 my self

it's a really good tool

and in Win 7 no need to uxtheme patch any more

^ Yeah you're right DaRk MaDnEsS sorry that's what i meant only XP / Vista here (in this case) with all their (uxtheme.dll) minor/build versions. Still waiting for the update too :D

Edit: Or just use UxStyle Core ("dynamic patch") from Rafael, it's also a good tool and works in almost the same way: http://www.withinwindows.com/2009/06/19/uxstyle-core-beta-bits-now-available/ and it's free lol still beta though (may not work properly on 7 RTM)

Edited by AMIRZ