Introduction To Anti-Malware & Cleaning

Tarun

Welcome to the Security Threats forum here on WinCert!

This snippet of information comes from my own website, Lunarsoft. Consider this an introduction to Anti-Malware, PC Maintenance and what to do for help with HijackThis.

Before you post your logs please go to this PC Cleanup page to clean your computer. This page is now in a wiki format to allow fast loads and easy to read guidelines for all users, no matter what your Internet speed is.

Be sure to pick up the Anti-Malware Toolkit (*.exe installer) or Anti-Malware Toolkit (*.zip) so that you can get the programs you need to clean your computer!

Follow all of the instructions and upon completion post your log here in the following format:

Username - HijackThis Log #

Should you have further problems you will be asked to do certain things such as running any/all of the applications again and then repost your log. In this case you would post a reply in your own thread with the new log.

By omitting the running of the contents of the Anti-Malware package(s) when posting a log you risk wasting valuable time that could be spent assisting other users.

Startup optimization is also included after all the spyware/adware has been cleaned from your system.

Good luck!

Tarun

Edited by Tarun

• 1 year later...

I am going to do exactly that. I have a full time suite running along with a secondary monitoring program. I run scans with other programs at least every couple of days. I thought all was well. I always pick up Adware, no worries there but eTrust PestControl picked up a low level Trojan. To make a long story short- I ran 6 different programs all set to deep scan and each one picked up something, even the last one. It was mostly low level stuff but there was 1 high level virus. I "should" be clean now. I'm going to run the test anyway. I feel a bit shell shocked. :angry: :censored: :omg:

I can't understand how come that so many of you guys have malware, spyware or adware issues. I never had problems with any of those web parasites. I'm using only NOD32 along with Windows Defender.

On XP, while Windows Defender still wasn't available, I haven't used anything for spyware protection.

I personally don't trust those anti-spyware apps, not one of them, Those applications can help you in some cases, but they also like to "make up" adware on your PC.

I don't think I will go into why I have to have that kind of protection, but I do. I agree some what with your assessment of some Spyware programs, but the good ones are also ant-malware. I do get nailed once in a while. It's been a while since I've had to deal with a nasty one but as they say-it's not if, it's when! :bomb: