forum suggestions

ccl0

i've noticed a few (what seems to me) redundant forums. i've a suggestion to combine/merge a few together

here is a list of a few i think could work:

Microsoft Beta Operating Systems and Software + Beta Software forums

: if "Microsoft Beta Operating Systems and Software" is specifically for operating system beta info, then there is already a windows 7 forum. so either way it seems like one could be gotten rid of or just merged together.

Tips and Tricks + How-To Tips forums

: seems like both of these could just be combined into one, since they are basically the same thing (having to deal with tips etc)

Slimming Down Windows XP forums

: nobody has posting anything in either of these 4 forums in two years. i dont know why so much space is given to that section, when it could all be put in subforums under one main forum, thus reducing space/clutter on the forum.

anyways, i was just bored today so i thought i'd post some ideas. sometimes forums can get too 'bloated' and/or lead to confusion where to correctly post something

Hi ccl0,

thx for your suggestions.

I agree with you and I already did first two mentioned suggestions.

As for the Slimming Down Windows XP Forums. Those forums are locked because Bold_Fortune who's modding it, wanted this, as he got flamed on his forums before.

Those forums still has visitors and will stay here for now, but I will consider your suggestion.

I hope you know how to minimize the forums you don't want to check :)

Regards,

Nik

Hey N1K you think it would be possible to translate the non English forums sub sections?

Its very confusing sometimes, like for example if I see addons & updatepacks I think its the english or my spanish section but no its the italian :S

But if the section was addons y updatepacks it would be distinguishable from the other sub-sections

Hey N1K you think it would be possible to translate the non English forums sub sections?

Its very confusing sometimes, like for example if I see addons & updatepacks I think its the english or my spanish section but no its the italian :S

But if the section was addons y updatepacks it would be distinguishable from the other sub-sections

I can do that, just tell me the new names and which one to change.

i just had another thought. currently there is one "64bit Operating Systems" forum, however i think in the future there will be more of a need to expand upon that.

for example, will there be just one consolidated 64bit os forum? or one for vista 64, windows7 64 bit, xp 64bit, server 64bit etc(is there even 32bit version of ms server ?)

currently theres 7 total topics in the 64bit Operating Systems forum, so right now it doesnt seem a lot of people have much need/interest, but i suspect that will start to change in the next year or so (i've read where m$ expects the majority of win7 installations to be 64bit version)

i just had another thought. currently there is one "64bit Operating Systems" forum, however i think in the future there will be more of a need to expand upon that.

for example, will there be just one consolidated 64bit os forum? or one for vista 64, windows7 64 bit, xp 64bit, server 64bit etc(is there even 32bit version of ms server ?)

currently theres 7 total topics in the 64bit Operating Systems forum, so right now it doesnt seem a lot of people have much need/interest, but i suspect that will start to change in the next year or so (i've read where m$ expects the majority of win7 installations to be 64bit version)

You're right about that, we'll need more forums, but as I can see it now, no need for this now since x64 forum isn't that much active.