Trash Topic

dougiefresh

Vista Aero Cursors:

History: These cursors are from Windows Vista RTM. They were slightly modified for completeness and distributed by Herby on the NeoWin forum. I've repackaged them for silent installation for Windows XP and should work with RyanVM Integrator and nLite (latter not tested).

Download: Cursors.exe

MD5: dacc6623fd698c422f2cbfa555b60ee9, Size: 427kb

• 1 month later...
humm cant say i have had that problem.

Try dragging a file on your desktop while holding the CTRL key. With a standard MS cursor (1 bit alpha channel) you'll see the [+] indicator showing that you are making a copy of the file. With a vista cursor that has an alpha channel with more bit depth it won't appear.

You can edit OLE32.DLL to make the indicators work in some circumstances (firefox, wmp, & others) but it doesn't fix it completely. More info here: http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=709084

I'd like to know where MS stores the copy & shortcut indicators, perhaps if they where modified to be the same bit-depth and alpha bit-depth of the cursors they would work properly.

• 3 months later...

the picture says it all

Huh.... well, that's something that I can't fix. I suspect it's something with the ShortURL.com servers.... I agree with you when you said you hope the new host fixes this problem.

Well, the xptsp.filetap.com address forwards to http://home.comcast.net/~douglas.orend. Hopefully this helps you.

EDIT: I was talking to FixIt and he said that he had to disable an entry in his host file in %WinDir%\system32\drivers\etc\Hosts in order to get the counter working on the old website. You may have to do something similar. Also, there are registry entries in the HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains branch that you may have to disable. Hope this helps....

Huh.... well, that's something that I can't fix. I suspect it's something with the ShortURL.com servers.... I agree with you when you said you hope the new host fixes this problem.

Well, the xptsp.filetap.com address forwards to http://home.comcast.net/~douglas.orend. Hopefully this helps you.

EDIT: I was talking to FixIt and he said that he had to disable an entry in his host file in %WinDir%\system32\drivers\etc\Hosts in order to get the counter working on the old website. You may have to do something similar. Also, there are registry entries in the HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains branch that you may have to disable. Hope this helps....

well the original link is working fine for me

yeah i guess the short link have some problems

Edited by DaRk MaDnEsS

Okay, I got a situation here and I'm letting y'all know what it is.

1) I found some information about that "free" host that I found. It has been open only 2 months and I really don't feel like putting a lot of time in uploading to a host that may disappear in another few months. I've also checked out other "free" hosting companies and haven't found anything that would satisfactorally support this project.

So, I guess it is either a non-free host or no change.... I have found a paid hosting server for around $40/year and $20/year for the domain name, with the best deal is for a 3-year deal for around $85. Thing is, I don't have the money for it, nor do I have the time to investigate hosting, which leads me to #2.

2) At my job, the amount of work to do has picked quite a bit. I'm currently working 10 to 11 hour shifts in this humid heat of Tennessee and work is planning 6 to 7 day workweeks. I will be unable to update the GUI or the website for a while. Until the Nissan model launch has been completed and work dies back down to previous levels, there probably won't be any changes in either the GUI or website. It may be a month or two before things slow down, so I'm letting you know. (I load vechicles onto railcars for a living, if anybodys interested...)

3) The translation code hasn't been worked on for a while. The basic code works, but issues with many of the resources are holding the code back from being included.

4) Splitting the resources into a Master set and Theme-specific set began, but I'm not sure if many problems that I'm running into are worth resolving in order to make things easier to update. I mean, the theme files are about the same size as the whole thing, so is it really worth doing? I just don't know....

So that's what is happening.... Thought I'd let y'all know.

That's OK. Happens to all of us.

The real world will always conspire to ruin our plans for our hobbies.

This is a good opportunity to remind everyone that what we do here is volunteer work. Nobody here gets paid to do this.

We're all grateful that you invest your time to help out.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have managed to figure out how to make the site "compatible" with older versions by redirecting requests to the proper folder. That having been done, I'm moving the http://xptsp.filetap.com url to the new site since everything should work properly.

EDIT: Struck everything out.... I've been told that the server times out if the download takes too long, so until v2.1.0.0 comes out, I'm moving the http://xptsp.filetap.com back to my Comcast account.

Edited by dougiefresh

At this moment, I can't support the NeonBlue package via the GUI without some major alterations to the code, such as seperating the Extra's folder out and making the GUI download a Extra's package. Doing this will make the GUI SFX much smaller, something like 1.6mb in size, which will mean that the update code has to be changed as well. So while this release isn't everything I intended to do, this interim release works with the functionality provided by the new website, both for the counters and the site structure.

All hits from the older versions of the GUI have been redirected to my Comcast account. I have no intention of updating the packages stored there, nor adding to those packages, so if you want updated packages, please upgrade to the latest version of the GUI. I am doing this as a courtesy to our users so that people with older versions can still use their copies. Thank you for understanding.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Changing to a free hosting company may be an option, considering that the bandwidth usage has dropped significantly since I split the Extra's and resources from the XPtsp GUI. However, the service that has been paid for through September, and we might as well take advantage of that.... unless FatCow gives us sufficient reason to leave...

• 4 months later...

Hey why not advertise louder we are using warez???

that is not warez please, sorry, It is a legal CD integration made with sp3 from MSDN ..

ah! may be because i quoted a name from a thread somewhere, sorry if that caused some irritation

• 5 months later...

What's Changed in v3.0.0.15:

- Integration: Fixed the "Copy Source Folder" checkbox from being unclickable.

- Added option for "XPtsp Batch" to Theme Selection's Browse button.

- After browsing, "no picture" is shown for themes without a preview.

- Modified Preview window code so XPtsp GUI is reactivated during closing preview.

- Removed message box with "_Reshacker" title from code.

- Added Language ID of file being patched to XPtsp log file.

- Eliminated a Task Manager reshacker error due to missing file.

- Integration: Added code to remove resource and extras folder upon exit.

Translation Support:

- Excluded EHRES.DLL from resource translation. (1st attempt)

Batch Version Support:

- Changed batch filename detection from checking for "_batch" to ".exe".

- When extracting batch versions, two attempts are now made to close batch window.

- Added code to copy "Version.ini" (ver 1) to Extras folder for batch files.

- Batch exe no longer gets copied to i386 folder (to mimic batch version behavior).

- Modified the code to deal with missing SYSOC section in "Version.ini".

- Modified code so that using CAB/INF combos don't produce errors if they don't exist.

Hopefully, this update fixes every issue, with probably exception of Task Manager and the update functionality.

• 1 month later...

I am making some tutorials on how to pre-install apps and capture the image, this is not the official video I did it just for practice and I plan to update these also, here is a draft

http://ricktendo.com/files/Tutorial1.mp4

Some links you need to look at, my tutorial is based on these instructions on how to create a reverse vista slipstream (basically the same principle)

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/window-on-windows/?p=1249

Also have a look at these Microsoft OPK videos

http://www.microsoft.com/oem/en/training/windowsopk/pages/windows_7_opk_training.aspx

Hopefully next week they will be ready