[AddOn] Recycle Bin Start Menu v0.6

ricktendo

Hi,

I just tried this addon on a french version of Windows XP Professional and it seems that it doesn't work.

Message on reboot is : Installation failed !

Is there someone who have try this before ?

Any help will be appreciated ;)

Thanks.

Yes, I'm sure ...

But maybe do I it the wrong way ?

I have try to install it by right-clicking on the .INF file and choosing Install, does it work this way ?

I plan to incorporate it into an unattended install later ...

How must I "install" it precisely ?

Thanks.

Yes that is the wrong way. You can still do it that way but you have to first copy Recycle.inf to C:\WINDOWS\inf (turn on hidden files and folders to view)

Now right click on Recycle.inf and install then Reboot.

See the reason it said Installation failed is that it could not find the inf in the Windows\INF directory

• 2 weeks later...

hi rick! found 3 instances of this:

"@%%SystemRoot%%\system32\SHELL32.dll,-8964"

... do i specifically just change this specific

HKCR,"CLSID\{2559a1f6-21d7-11d4-bdaf-00c04f60b9f0}\Instance\InitPropertyBag","Command",0,"@%%SystemRoot%%\system32\SHELL32.dll,-8964"

? thanks!

Correct you can edit all those lines with Shredder or whatever u want to name the bin

Explanation:

Thats the "Recycle Bin" name... So if this addon is integrated on a NON English Windows it will automatically be translated to your region language, here is a pic of shell32.dll and where the recycle bin name is located... look for the line number 8964

post-29-1180126404_thumb.png

• 3 months later...
Probably it are my eyes..but I can't find a direct download link... of it is again the sokoolz server...so I don't see a picture.

While I never had this problem myself, shouldn't you at least see some red X image that you could click on for the same effect?

Granted, it doesn't look so shiney and nice as the original black DL buttons but it should do the trick, right? ;)

While I never had this problem myself, shouldn't you at least see some red X image that you could click on for the same effect?

Granted, it doesn't look so shiney and nice as the original black DL buttons but it should do the trick, right? ;)

Luckily I found my eyes are still good. No sometimes me and others can't connect to the server of sokoolz and then I see nothing also not the image (because it's hosted on the same server). But no I get it...black download button is back :thumb_yello:

• 3 months later...

Yeah, after making this comment, I saw cygnus made the thing, but you made the addon :)

Anyway, this uberpack is so uber for me... There is so many things I got lazy to read and wonder what I need/dont need. I'm in process of testing things, cause I'm recent to this, then I have to go with calm, this packs with many patchs just confuse me ehehehhe.

Thank you very much Rick. And cygnus ;)

• 2 months later...

In case anyone is interested, i have been tinkering with this Recycle Bin on the Desktop for a while as I wasn't satisfied with implementing the attached hack only to have to then still select it after windows booted up. here is what i discovered. i am including because i haven't found it anywhere else (i suspect I am not the first to discover this but maybe someone who will follow will be interested)

; ### will reveal whatever is set to OEMLink in Start Menu at logon (in this case Recycle Bin) even if default behavior hides it

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]

"Start_ShowOEMLink"=dword:00000001

; ### will remove Recycle Bin from desktop at logon even if default behavior places Recycle Bin on desktop

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel]

"{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}"=dword:00000001

; ### will set the default behavior of the OEMLink in Start Menu to VISIBLE

; ### in the absence of this setting the default behavior of the OEMLink in Start Menu is set to VISIBLE so this setting should really be unnecessary

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]

"Start_ShowOEMLink"=dword:00000001

; ### will set the default behavior of the Recycle Bin on the desktop to HIDDEN

; ### in the absence of this setting the default behavior of the Recycle Bin on the desktop is set to VISIBLE

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel]

"{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}"=dword:00000001

• 3 months later...

request Help for Expand My Documents,My Pictures,My Computer,Control Panel similar or simile "connect to" option in start menu

please see attached picture.

expand.png

and doyou can create or help for create ADD "Downloads" Folder to start menu simile recycle bin addon

Edited by mona