Free MMORPG

Kelsenellenelvian

Guest beemarin

RuneScape (with an e) is quite a few years old, has a massive community, and is actually quite a good game... I got into it for about 6 months before I burned out, which isn't bad :) Level 80-ish, with a bunch of stuff... it's fun, there are lots of things you can do, level up certain skill, and the game does a great job of allowing you to do lots of things (mining, lots of fighting, of course, cooking, crafting etc.) Graphics are decent for a web-based browser game, and there are lots of player onscreen in real time. Lots of immature players, though.

Even though I don't play any more (and don't really want to) I've still been looking for a replacement that's as good as that.

Do you mean free online RPG as in browser based? Or free to download and play?

www.onRPG.com

Forgot to make the link clickable

Edited by beemarin

Nice link Zaphirer, although I'm not playing anything much than Unreal Tournament. I've tried to play EVE online and I like it a lot. Unfortunatelly it isn't free, subscription is 20$ per month. It's the game with awesome graphichs and huge community (not like WOW), but hey, who can compete with the WOW.. :sweatingbullets:

I'm jealous of those who can play an MMORPG and not get "addicted" to it. I remember wasting far too many hours/days playing games like Baldur's Gate back in the day. So I feel quite sure that I don't have the willpower to start playing a MMORPG and still have the willpower to stop playing and have a life. So I just don't play.

• 1 year later...
I'm jealous of those who can play an MMORPG and not get "addicted" to it. I remember wasting far too many hours/days playing games like Baldur's Gate back in the day. So I feel quite sure that I don't have the willpower to start playing a MMORPG and still have the willpower to stop playing and have a life. So I just don't play.

Those games are really really addictive, my advice is not to look for such a game for your kid, those games are the most addictive games on the computer, I have played Runescape for a while aswell, luckily i found out that it is really addictive because some of my friends started buying all kind of things with real money, and started playing almost 24/7, thats when i thought, that i didnt want to end up like them, so i stopped. After a while some of my friends stopped playing aswell :)