Show All Drives Space Quickly

Geej

This is an autoit utility that gets all drives (Total & Free spaces) quickly.

Can be launch from Context Menu of My Computer only

Result is written and open for view on user's desktop , DriveSpaceDetail.txt

If run again, DriveSpaceDetail.txt will be replaced. So please rename it before running this utility again.

Data are displayed/aligned using default notepad or notepad2

I use to think that such basic info should be made easily but I can't find any utility that quickly grab space detail for all drives. Enjoy!

ShowAllDriveSpaceSI.exe

Size: 332.8 Kb (340,792 bytes)

MD5: 219123A739ED29D4F1E3399DADB5D690

Install to : %programfiles%\Show All Drives Space

Uninstallable: Yes

dloadnowwi6.png

ShowAllDriveSpace.png

Displayed Result:

ViewNotePad.png

Edited by Geej

I did thought about this. I agree with you only if it is just 1 or 2 drives, maybe msgbox is more convenient.

In the end, I decided to record down in a text file as it would be too troublesome to manually record down all values.

It is useful to have a 'before' record, when user housekeeps their drives, they can compare with a 'after" value, assuming you have rename the initial file.

Beside, deleting it after that is so easy.(just drag to recycle bin.)

Just imagine if you mount 2 virtual drives (.iso), 1 truecrypt drive, 1 removable drive, plus some network drives etc

The drive list is going to be longer. So I feel putting it down on record is more practical.

humm k.

but what i ment was, keep the text file but dont make it open up at then end, pop a message box instead.

Oh, I see. I can modify to pop a message box, maybe "Done" or something like that. Then you just open as you wish later.

Update to include %Free info. (Screenshot updated)

• 2 months later...

Updated script

Changes:

1) Drives space info will align properly even if Notepad2 is set as default text editor. (Previously support default notepad only)

(provided HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\notepad.exe exists)

2) Add uninstaller option via Add/Remove panel (Displayed name is : Show All Drives Space)

3) Change installed path to %programfiles%\Show All Drives Space

4) Icon change for main exe

5) Removed Start Menu shortcut. Accessing the program is thru My Computer context menu only.

As far as I know, it can run in W2K & Vista as well. (but tested in XP only)

Edited by Geej

• 3 weeks later...

If you don't mind sharing the source, can you include it?

Generally the easiest way to just embed it into the file using the following syntax:

FileInstall(@ScriptFullPath,@TempDir & @ScriptName)

I'd like to create an output that isn't dependent on writing to a file and then displaying in Notepad.

edit-

Just to disclose my intentions, I'm thinking of doing something along these lines...

$swid = "display-drive-space";This is the ID. This is commonly used to prevent duplicate instances of the same program.
Global $output_container = GUICreate($swid, 800, 600)
Global $output_field = GUICtrlCreateEdit("", 2, 2, 796, 596, $WS_VSCROLL)
GUICtrlSetFont($output_field, 9, 400, 0, "Courier New")
GUISetState()
GUICtrlSetData($output_field, "Hello World!" & @CRLF, 1)
GUICtrlSetData($output_field, "Hello World Again!" & @CRLF, 1)

That should be a good start for getting to show up in its own window, but it won't close properly just yet. You need to add a "Do Until" condition in a custom Close() function. Well, that's how I do it anyway. But don't add all of that verbatim. There should be some error checking, and there might be a way to dynamically change the dimensions of the output window and make the overall appearance a bit nicer. You follow?

Edited by Dumpy Dooby

If you don't mind sharing the source, can you include it?
Sorry, closed source.
Generally the easiest way to just embed it into the file using the following syntax:

FileInstall(@ScriptFullPath,@TempDir & @ScriptName)

I thought of that but doesn't really achieve anything. Only make my installer source bigger. 7zsfx is fine.
edit-

Just to disclose my intentions, I'm thinking of doing something along these lines...

$swid = "display-drive-space";This is the ID. This is commonly used to prevent duplicate instances of the same program.
Global $output_container = GUICreate($swid, 800, 600)
Global $output_field = GUICtrlCreateEdit("", 2, 2, 796, 596, $WS_VSCROLL)
GUICtrlSetFont($output_field, 9, 400, 0, "Courier New")
GUISetState()
GUICtrlSetData($output_field, "Hello World!" & @CRLF, 1)
GUICtrlSetData($output_field, "Hello World Again!" & @CRLF, 1)

That should be a good start for getting to show up in its own window, but it won't close properly just yet. You need to add a "Do Until" condition in a custom Close() function. Well, that's how I do it anyway. But don't add all of that verbatim. There should be some error checking, and there might be a way to dynamically change the dimensions of the output window and make the overall appearance a bit nicer. You follow?

I'm not into GUICreate func. But I can modify my script so that it puts the result in user temp dir. Will run silently w/o any visual indicator. And w/o the uninstaller part. U can create your own script (by manipulate the text file from there) to your liking. Ok? (Let me know)

• 3 weeks later...

This is an alternate version that only shows the info in msgbox.

coolmediafirelogo.png

ShowdriveSpaceMsgbox.png

ShowDriveSpace2SI.exe

Size: 341.17 Kb (349,361 bytes)

MD5: BEC50850BBD457F27C6F8C821EB65CFD

Edited by Geej