consolidated sticky

ccl0

just wondering if something like that might be possible, or what other people's thoughts are on it.

for example theres 7 stickies.

but could the same thing be accomplished by having just one? you could call it 'consolidated list of addons and update packs (or something similar)

then inside you could have all the previous stickies inside that one topic.

additionally, would it also be possible to cross link to other sites? for example winaddons.com (site is made by rado354 - i'm sure others here can vouch for him)

and (addons) + (switchless installers) + (update packs for non-xp32 sources)

and also addons from msfn if possible.

my goal about all this would be to offer a pretty comprehensive list (for the benefit of others that may not know those sites even exist) all in one convenient location :)

you could maybe structure it like this:

wincert addons and update packs:

(then list the links to previous stickies)

----

ryanvm:

link, link, link

---

msfn addons:

link,

(also perhaps these two topics about nvidia sata, intel sata driver integrations)

---

addons by rado354:

link

~~~

maybe towards the bottom there could be a link to

windows 7 addons , windows vista addons

(just in case someone wants to know where they are or if they even exist)

as you can see this could allow a wealth of information while just taking up one sticky at the top :)

edit: also this sticky seems to be outdated http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=5612 b/c according to the post, the contest (i think it was a contest) expired march 1st :D

Edited by ccl0

lol if all of that is too much work, someone make me mod for an hour and i'll do it :)

edit: actually it looks like rado already has a sticky here http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=841

theres gotta be a better way to organize all of this. things tend to get buried in subforums all too easily lol

Edited by ccl0

no problem. i'm sure theres more pressing issues at this time to trying to revamp that section anyway. actually i've been formulating something even more bold than my idea above. maybe i'll send my ideas about it once i have a rough outline :D

• 5 months later...

I really don't think we need so many sticky topics. Sticky topics should be some special rules or specific forum guidelines.

Those pinned topics are active enough to be on the top, so really no need to pin them out.

Kels, Rick?

i'd hate for that info to be lost. thats why i suggested making a consolidated sticky. it would clean up the clutter but still have the info available for people to see. i think most people won't look past the second page, so if it sinks below that then it might get lost. unless people know what to search for.. but then what happens if someone new that doesn't know about it comes to the forum? they won't know it exists