Desktop Search Not Running

wazh

Hi,

I had a quick browse through the forum and couldnt find anything relating to this. I have noticed that after installing the one-piece update pack that Desktop Search isnt running. No matter what I try I am unable to get it to work.

Is there some fix that I should be doing to make it operational?

Please let me know.

Sorry will move this to his thread

Edited by wazh

• 5 weeks later...

My fix for this is to integrate the Ricktendo Windows Search addon as well. I know it is redundant, and it makes me feel a little dirty doing it, but it does seem to work perfectly. I've brought this up in OnePiece's UpdatePack thread, a couple times, and no one seems to take notice. Hopefully this can get fixed soon.

Even though many people hate Windows Search, a broken portion of an UpdatePack, even this insignificant, makes me feel like something is wrong with the pack as a whole. I'm sure its probably just one typo in the Windows Search section. I just wish OnePiece had the time to fix it, or that I had the expertise to easily find the problem and present it to him.

I've brought this up in OnePiece's UpdatePack thread, a couple times, and no one seems to take notice. Hopefully this can get fixed soon.

Even though many people hate Windows Search, a broken portion of an UpdatePack, even this insignificant, makes me feel like something is wrong with the pack as a whole. I'm sure its probably just one typo in the Windows Search section. I just wish OnePiece had the time to fix it, or that I had the expertise to easily find the problem and present it to him.

Off-Topic Comment(Click to Show)
or tested many times the desktop search and not find any problem, only a release, the service not properly started, but already put in place immediately in the other releases, if a real problem given that fixed, but the problem and that I can not see any problem ??????, so I do not know what repair ???????????????

[Close]

@wazh

make sure that the service started correctly and if not try to run this file .cmd and see if you solve the problem

WSearch.Service.Install.cmd

SC.exe create WSearch binPath= "%%SystemRoot%%\system32\SearchIndexer.exe /Embedding" type= own start= auto error= normal DisplayName= "Windows Search" depend= TermService

REG.exe ADD HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WSearch /v FailureActions /t REG_BINARY /d 805101000100000001000000030000006e0064000100000030750000010000003075000000000000

00000000 /f

REG.exe ADD HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WSearch /v Description /t reg_sz /d "Provides content indexing and property caching for file, email and other content (via extensibility APIs). The service responds to file and email notifications to index modified content. If the service is stopped or disabled, the Explorer will not be able to display virtual folder views of items, and search in the Explorer will fall back to item-by-item slow search." /f

Edited by OnePiece

Check error reports see if you removed any needed services, like WMI

Only service I've removed is Messenger.

This Windows Search bug has always been there for me BTW. Integrating Ricks Windows Search AddonPack has always fixed it.

Edited by Keegan

Sorry for the delay, but I've been having trouble getting a working build. For weeks now, very frustrating. Well I finally found my problem(s).

Anyway, your CMD file works for fixing Desktop Search. Is there anyway to fix the UpdatePack so this extra step is not necessary?