Windows XP Style Clocks

Just wondering if anyone is interested. there's still a few tweaks to be made before I release, but I put a lot of work in it.

All of these clocks are 100% created by me, but i did get some inspiration from other clocks. Also, I'm a programmer not a graphic designer, so if you have any criticism please keep that in mind, lol. Anyway here is a screenshot of what I have so far.

royale_clocks2.jpg

Edit: Changed picture to show new clocks

Edit 2: Added download link

XPStyleClocks.Gadget

Edited by Palmtree

Nice work mate, welcome to our forums. We appreciate your effort!

I've actually been coming here for a while, but never bothered to sign up since I don't do much posting on forums.

I figured now was the time to sign up since I actually had something to contribute. I'm a fan of ricktendo's sidebar, but don't like how it doesn't blend with the Royale visual style. This is the first step to correcting that, eventually I want all of my favorite gadgets to look like they belong in Windows XP.

I will probably be releasing it tonight. I fixed all the bugs (I think) but now I've decided to make a zune, embedded, and royale noir clock to go with it. Hell I might even make luna, olive green and silver clocks as well, depends on how much time I get to work on it today.

I will probably be releasing it tonight. I fixed all the bugs (I think) but now I've decided to make a zune, embedded, and royale noir clock to go with it. Hell I might even make luna, olive green and silver clocks as well, depends on how much time I get to work on it today.

Off-Topic Comment(Click to Show)
Did you make your avatar?

[Close]

Off-Topic Comment(Click to Show)
Did you make your avatar?

[Close]

yeah I sure did. I made it for a Final Fantasy 7 project I sorta gave up on.

Any chance you make me a new skull avatar? Just askin' :)

Sorry man, I'm not much of an artist. I couldn't make one nearly as good as the one you already have :(

on topic: picture changed to show new clocks. any suggestions on fonts/colors/anything else before i finish up?

OK so I have a question now. .gadget files won't install on my system. I've tried repairing the install but it doesn't help. How would I go about making a .gadget file. I think I remember playing around with them years ago and I think i just zipped up the gadget and changed the .zip extension to .gadget. Will this work?

Guest snakecracker
OK so I have a question now. .gadget files won't install on my system. I've tried repairing the install but it doesn't help. How would I go about making a .gadget file. I think I remember playing around with them years ago and I think i just zipped up the gadget and changed the .zip extension to .gadget. Will this work?

you need to make a folder and name like (clock.gadget) as the folder name. and then put that folder in with the other gadgets in the sidebar folder :)

you need to make a folder and name like (clock.gadget) as the folder name. and then put that folder in with the other gadgets in the sidebar folder :)

Yeah I know that, that's how I have it now. I was just wondering if i should release it like other gadgets so you just have to double click to install

Guest snakecracker
Yeah I know that, that's how I have it now. I was just wondering if i should release it like other gadgets so you just have to double click to install

That would make it easier for Vista/7 users ;)

• 3 weeks later...