[Addon] Remote Desktop Connection Win7 for XPSP3

Remote Desktop Connection v6.1.7600.16385(x86)

• About: The following addon completely replaces the program Remote Desktop Connection of XP SP3 (same version from Vista SP1) with the original one from Windows 7. This version resolves some errors with the current Remote Desktop Client when used with certain visual styles.
    ..Thanks to ricktendo64 for his help in creating this addon. He also created a spanish version available here.
  • Note: There will be an errors in setuperr.log because the files are not digitally signed but this is common and does not do damage.

True Addon - Works only during unattended install - It replaces files in the i386 folder

MD5:
5aee63d76578eb9de1a79dc014d9e559

SIZE:
1.22 MB

Silent Installer - Works anytime - It replaces files in the System32 folder.

This installer uses WfpDeprotect to disable SFC for 1 minute, to allow overwriting the original protected files. This WILL enable SFC when WfpDeprotect completes. It is not recommended to use this if you have disabled SFC with nLite or some other means. You will need to extract from 7-zip files before using.

MD5:
24d02a33b930d3a2b66101f3c897af94

SIZE:
1.13 MB

This installer does NOT use WfpDeprotect to disable SFC. Use this if you have disabled SFC with nLite or some other means. You will need to extract from 7-zip file before using.

MD5:
6a88e6460855b3317b74ead071881dd8

SIZE:
1.15 MB

Edited by Jonnyboy

Are you sure this works?

I've downloaded end expanded the files within but...

First, it demands an lhmstsc.exe.mui instead of lhmstsc.mui

Second, after renaming the file manually, it claims mstscax.dlll i have does not match the version of the client shell. (6.0.6000 didn't work as well as 5.1.2600)

I couldn't run it in the end.

(:

Are you sure this works?
I am positive it works
I've downloaded end expanded the files within but...

First, it demands an lhmstsc.exe.mui instead of lhmstsc.mui

Second, after renaming the file manually, it claims mstscax.dlll i have does not match the version of the client shell. (6.0.6000 didn't work as well as 5.1.2600)

Look at layout.inf and see the filenames are renamed during install.

Also, verify the file version after you copied the files. The correct version of each file is 6.1.7100.0. Have you disabled SFC?

This is an addon for building an unattended install, this will not work in a live system. I will create a silent installer that will work in a live system.

Edited by Jonnyboy

I've written a silent installer that will work in a live system or during an unattended install. It uses WfpDeprotect to disable SFC for 1 minute and then copies the files to the system. I need to run a few more tests to verify that it works, then I'll post it.

Edited by Jonnyboy

just a footnote ...

I ran the silent installer from svcpack slipstream and installed perfectly ... although I have sfc patched (disabled) by nlite ... didnt think wfpdeprotect would effect anything ... but think it did ...

was replacing a file later and sfc blocked me ... I thought oh sh**t lol ....no problem I deleted dllcache...and replaced sfc dlls from my iso and got rid of sfc.

so just in case, I think wfpdeprotect is enabling sfc after that 1 minute, perfect for sfc enabled install, but for anyone with sfc disabled to begin with, might find it enabled after that minute.

just a footnote ...

I ran the silent installer from svcpack slipstream and installed perfectly ... although I have sfc patched (disabled) by nlite ... didnt think wfpdeprotect would effect anything ... but think it did ...

was replacing a file later and sfc blocked me ... I thought oh sh**t lol ....no problem I deleted dllcache...and replaced sfc dlls from my iso and got rid of sfc.

so just in case, I think wfpdeprotect is enabling sfc after that 1 minute, perfect for sfc enabled install, but for anyone with sfc disabled to begin with, might find it enabled after that minute.

I didn't check that. But, I will. I don't know how to check if sfc is disabled. But, if it's possible, I'll find it.

• 2 months later...
Guest snakecracker

why u still offer the RC version

Windows 7 is now RTM please modify it my friend :icon_cool:

RTM has not been released officially.

Well from what I remember..

RTM has not been released officially.

Well from what I remember..

yeah Win 7 is not yet RTM

its in the RTM Stage the last Leaked << Warez >> was version 7600.16385

some Rumors say its the final version but no confirmation until now

so Still Rc is the final build by Microsoft

Guest snakecracker

yeah Win 7 is not yet RTM

its in the RTM Stage the last Leaked << Warez >> was version 7600.16385

some Rumors say its the final version but no confirmation until now

so Still Rc is the final build by Microsoft

ahhh Now I get the picture

Thanks! :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello everyone, no news on a Remote Desktop Client 7 AddOn (silent installer would be useful too) that could be compatible with Server 2003 too? MS didn't updated 2003 client, and 7.0 has significant technical improvements.

I'm using it on a daily basis on many Windows 2003 systems, but had to manually extract files, and they work perfectly with every feature.

Kind regards!

Hello everyone, no news on a Remote Desktop Client 7 AddOn (silent installer would be useful too) that could be compatible with Server 2003 too? MS didn't updated 2003 client, and 7.0 has significant technical improvements.

I'm using it on a daily basis on many Windows 2003 systems, but had to manually extract files, and they work perfectly with every feature.

Kind regards!

I will update the links as soon as I can find a copy of this files.