[AddOn] Vista RTM Fonts v1.1

ricktendo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The thing is, when i install these fonts, they work OK. But, for some reason in the fonts directory, they're named like:

%segoe_ui%

%calibri%

etc. And i was fine with it up until today. When i realized Autocad 2009 is denying to work, i found out that it was something with the fonts, moved them to desktop then after moved back, everything was back to normal.

I think some registry key was not functioning right. I'll look in to it later (:

Just to let you guys know.

(:

--

Update

--

Here is the screenshot f the corresponding registry entry, after a successful and fresh installation.

troublefh2.png

And this a part is from HiveSft.inf file. Comparing to rest, it all seems normal.

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts",,0x00000012
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","%calibri%",,"calibri.ttf"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","%calibri_bold%",,"calibrib.ttf"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","%calibri_italic%",,"calibrii.ttf"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","%calibri_bold_italic%",,"calibriz.ttf"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","%segoe_print%",0,"segoepr.ttf"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","%segoe_print_bold%",,"segoeprb.ttf"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","%segoe_script%",,"segoesc.ttf"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","%segoe_script_bold%",,"segoescb.ttf"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","%segoe_ui%",0,"segoeui.ttf"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","%segoe_ui_bold%",,"segoeuib.ttf"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","%segoe_ui_italic%",,"segoeuii.ttf"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","%segoe_ui_bold_italic%",,"segoeuiz.ttf"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","%simhei%",,"simhei.ttf"
HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","%roman%",,"ROMAN.FON"
HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","%script%",,"SCRIPT.FON"
HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","%modern%",,"MODERN.FON"
HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","%small_fonts%",,"SMALLE.FON"
HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","%arial%",,"ARIAL.TTF"
HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","%arial_bold%",,"ARIALBD.TTF"
HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","%arial_bold_italic%",,"ARIALBI.TTF"
HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","%arial_italic%",,"ARIALI.TTF"
HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","%courier_new%",,"COUR.TTF"
HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","%courier_new_bold%",,"COURBD.TTF"
HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","%courier_new_bold_italic%",,"COURBI.TTF"
HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","%courier_new_italic%",,"COURI.TTF"
HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","%lucida_console%",,"LUCON.TTF"
HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","%lucida_sans_unicode%",,"L_10646.TTF"
HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","%times_new_roman%",,"TIMES.TTF"
HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","%times_new_roman_bold%",,"TIMESBD.TTF"
HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","%times_new_roman_bold_italic%",,"TIMESBI.TTF"

Edited by Nomadturk

Look in [strings] the values should be there

It may also be that it cannot find CONFIGURE_PROGRAMS="Set Program Access and Defaults" in the strings section, because after this line the "ExtraFileEdit" will add those string values

CONFIGURE_PROGRAMS="Set Program Access and Defaults"
calibri = "Calibri (TrueType)"
calibri_bold = "Calibri Bold (TrueType)"
calibri_italic = "Calibri Italic (TrueType)"
calibri_bold_italic = "Calibri Bold Italic (TrueType)"
segoe_ui = "Segoe UI (TrueType)"
segoe_ui_bold = "Segoe UI Bold (TrueType)"
segoe_ui_italic = "Segoe UI Italic (TrueType)"
segoe_ui_bold_italic = "Segoe UI Bold Italic (TrueType)"
segoe_print = "Segoe Print (TrueType)"
segoe_print_bold = "Segoe Print Bold (TrueType)"
segoe_script = "Segoe Script (TrueType)"
segoe_script_bold = "Segoe Script Bold (TrueType)"
simhei = "SimHei (TrueType)"

Well... That section is called like below in Turkish systems. (:

CONFIGURE_PROGRAMS="Program Erişim ve Varsayılanlarını Ayarla"

I've added these to the necessary sections. I think it'll be fine now.

Thank you Rick.

Edited by Nomadturk

Well, thinking of all the people using this pack, i must admit i am quite surprised to be the one finding this bug.

I've edited the necessary section within my .inf file. But if you make that change, i may use it when i am to build a new release from scratch.

(:

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

This is pretty much all you need in your entries_fonts.ini

[general]
builddate=2012/02/03
description=Fonts addon description.
language=Multilanguage
title=Fonts pack
version=1.0.0
website=http://www.example.com

[EditFile]
i386\hivesft.inf,AddReg,AddFonts

[AddFonts]
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","Font 1 Example (TrueType)",,"font1.ttf"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","Font 2 Example (TrueType)",,"font2.ttf"

[dosnet_files]
d1,font1.ttf
d1,font2.ttf

[txtsetup_files]
font1.ttf = 100,,,,,,,22,0,0,,1,22
font2.ttf = 100,,,,,,,22,0,0,,1,22

[i386_compress]
rvmtemp\extracted\font1.ttf
rvmtemp\extracted\font2.ttf

When you are done making your addon and you want me to give it a glimpse to see if its OK, go ahead and post it here