[help] Making Winamp Addon.

Shashi

Hi Ricktendo recently i came to know this forum through my colleague and was impressed as wincert is full of talented Peoples like You, Kel, Bober, Dougiefresh, Reaper, Onepiece and many more.You guys are great.

I thorougly enjoyed your tutorial of making Inf program addon.It was so easy to learn, But You have created a addon of such a small program, In Imgburn addon there are not many files in ProgramFiles folder.

As i want to create an addon of Winamp there are so many files conataining some bmp's, ico. Also, Now i am confused bcoz as per your tutorial you didn't mention anywhere how and what to configure in Installwatch.Ihave configured only top three options for register monitor i.e HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT, HKEY_CURRENT_USER, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and left other two options as my friend told me to do that. Is it safe to uncheck the remaining option?

Another thing is that after snapshot i am getting Winamp.reg of 719 kb is it normal and my pc is totally clean.after converting it to inf through reg2inf it is 1.2 mb.Ihave checked all the entries in Winamp.reg are releated to Winamp only.

The main problem is now in my winamp program folder there are two sub-directories of plugins one of plugin folder is created by winamp [D:\Program Files\Winamp\Plugins] and one plugin folder is created by one Winamp's skin under classicpro folder [D:\Program Files\Winamp\Plugins\ClassicPro\_installer\Plugins]. Now if iam creating entries in Inf as

eg :-

[DestinationDirs]

Plugins.Files=16422,Winamp\Plugins

[Plugins.Files]

enc_wav.dll

enc_wma.dll

gen_ff.dll

gen_hotkeys.dll

gen_jumpex.dll

gen_ml.dll

gen_tray.dll and etc........

this is one plugin folder entries but what about another plugin folder which is a sub-directory of classicpro

if i again create an entry of [Plugins.Files] will not they will collide with the one alredy i created can we rename or do something

i know we can't create two folder entries of same name

[DestinationDirs]

Plugins.Files=16422,Winamp\Plugins

Plugins.Files=16422,Winamp\Plugins\ClassicPro\_installer\Plugins.

Will not they will get copy all in one plugins folder.

And in tutorial you explained how to give the icon path from shell32.dll or any files but can we give the path of my custom icon which i want to include in my cab file, and how to decide what entries safely we can delete as you deleted in your tutorial after taking snapshot.

Please, help me Iam a newbie & iam totally confused and i think this is the only forum from where i can get help :questionmark:

Thanks Very Much.... :help:

:worthy: Hoping for the reply. :crying_anim02:

Edited by Shashi

So i think their is no one ready to help me.Little bit disappointed as i think there are so many knowledagable persons But will try myself till i get succeded(hope so).

Thanks Ricktendo64 for the video tutorials.

also Thanks to N1K for such a wonderfull forum.It's the best forum. :wub_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by Shashi

You have to create a second section even if they copy the same list of files, example

[Plugins.Files1]
enc_wav.dll
enc_wma.dll
gen_ff.dll
gen_hotkeys.dll
gen_jumpex.dll
gen_ml.dll
gen_tray.dll

[Plugins.Files2]
enc_wav.dll
enc_wma.dll
gen_ff.dll
gen_hotkeys.dll
gen_jumpex.dll
gen_ml.dll
gen_tray.dll

[DestinationDirs]
Plugins.Files1=16422,Winamp\Plugins
Plugins.Files2=16422,Winamp\Plugins\ClassicPro\_installer\Plugins.

As for IconPath and IconIndex in your profileitem you put the path to shell32.dll then you find what icon you want in it and you count manually starting with zero (0) is the first icon, you start 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 until you reach your icon and you use that number in IconIndex (icon 0 is used by default if you dont add a IconIndex directive)

[ProfileItemName]
Name=
CmdLine=
SubDir=
IconPath=11,,shell32.dll
Iconindex=xx

As for IconPath and IconIndex in your profileitem you put the path to shell32.dll then you find what icon you want in it and you count manually starting with zero (0) is the first icon, you start 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 until you reach your icon and you use that number in IconIndex (icon 0 is used by default if you dont add a IconIndex directive)

[ProfileItemName]
Name=
CmdLine=
SubDir=
IconPath=11,,shell32.dll
Iconindex=xx

First of all many thanks for replying it was so tuff for me to solve and you expalined it once again in avery easy and simple way, it will help me alot. But my other queries are not solved what about configuration in installwatch, which files are safe to delete as you did in imgburn addon tutorial, and the last one query of icon i don't want to know icon indexing help my question was can we add our own custom icon downloaded from another webiste, which i will be including in cab files eg:- i downloaded an icon file for winamp or *.txt but i dont want the deafult icon of winamp from it's exe program or text files from shell32.dll or any other dll.

Your reply will help me a lot.

By the way Many Many Thanks for replying.

You and your tutorials are Awesome for a newbie like me.

Edited by Shashi

hi Shashi

let me give some tips :

you get all those reg entries because there are some dlls registered during winamp installation.

also just before finishing, the nsis installer executes winamp.exe with the following parameters (/REG=AVCD) to create file associations

if my memory does'nt fail me i think A stands for audio, V for video and CD for AudioCD and context menu

try this. you'll NOTICE the difference :)

best regards

felix

hi Shashi

let me give some tips :

you get all those reg entries because there are some dlls registered during winamp installation.

also just before finishing, the nsis installer executes winamp.exe with the following parameters (/REG=AVCD) to create file associations

if my memory does'nt fail me i think A stands for audio, V for video and CD for AudioCD and context menu

try this. you'll NOTICE the difference :)

best regards

felix

Thanks But i didn't understand anything this line [ you get all those reg entries because there are some dlls registered during winamp installation. ]

I didn't say anything abt reg entries

and also this line [ try this. you'll NOTICE the difference ] .Sorry what to try can you expalin little bit as simple as Ricktendo64 explained .

By the way thanks for giving tips.

What he means is you probably dont need to add all the reg entries, you just need to add a RegisterDLLs directive to your Optional Componentes/DefaultInstall sections

Example

[Optional Components]
Winamp

[Winamp]
OptionDesc=
Tip=
Modes=
RegisterDLLs=RegDLLSectionName

[RegDLLSectionName]
; Self-Registers Winamp
16422,winamp,winamp.exe,,,"/REG=AVCD"
; Self-Registers Libraries
16422,winamp,example.dll,1
11,,example2.dll,1
; etc

If you find out what reg entries are added when you run winamp.exe with the /REG=AVCD and also what other reg entries are added when you register the dlls using regsvr32.exe then you can delete these from your "AddReg" section

Tip: to find out what dlls you can register just drag & drop them into regsvr32.exe in system32 and see if it can register (it will also work with .ax and .ocx files)

Thanks But i didn't understand anything this line [ you get all those reg entries because there are some dlls registered during winamp installation. ]

I didn't say anything abt reg entries

and also this line [ try this. you'll NOTICE the difference ] .Sorry what to try can you expalin little bit as simple as Ricktendo64 explained .

By the way thanks for giving tips.

hi again Shashi

sorry for talking a little bit technical. i will try to explain it in more simple words:

the command-line i gave you sets winamp as the default audio/video/audioCD player.

it adds some registry keys for the file association with winamp to work.

these associations are located under the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT registry root.

since winamp plays many file types, the registry keys are a lot.

i'll make your life easier. these are the files that need to be added to the RegisterDLLs section :

CDDBControlWinamp.dll

CddbMusicIDWinamp.dll

CddbPlaylist2Winamp.dll

CDDBUIWinamp.dll

they are located under the "C:\Program Files\Winamp\Plugins\Gracenote" directory.

just add them like in rick's example.

now to get all those registry keys i'm talking about use installrite and do an initial system scan. next step register the dlls and run winamp with the command-line. last step in installrite check the snapshot you just took and look in the "modified registry" entry.

i hope i was more clear this time :rolleyes::P:)

felix

• 9 months later...

not be registered I think, when you run the program opens a wizard to customize according to what select records what is selected

Edited by Javo