Request Software Development

Mr.Thunderbird

Hi guys! It has been a while I've posted here, but I've been lurking a lot. ;) (mostly news)

Anyways, since I'm an experienced C# programmer, I want to .. well do something with my skills, and hopefully improve them.

I've coded the Extension Manager program thingy a while back, but I'm looking for something that people needs.

As this actually is a Windows forum, I thought it would be a good idea to ask here about what kind of software people needs! :)

Remember though, that my skills have restrictions, and I cannot fulfill all things that you suggest for an application.

Looking forward for some feedback on this. :)

Cheers,

MrT aka Snowiffic.

Here is something that would be useful for UpdatePack makers who use all the hotfixes that come out on kbupdate.info

The hotfixes on those articles mostly you have to request them via the "View and request hotfix" link, the thing is some hotfixes are available on the View and req link before Microsoft even publishes the KB Article for them example KB961729 had no KB Article yet but it is available via the View and request hotfix link

Soon microsoft will come arount and publish the kb article and let it be known that this fix exist and what it does, but it does take months sometimes

To find these hotfixes that have no kb article but are waiting to be published all you need to do is use this url and add a kb number on the end

http://support.microsoft.com/hotfix/KBHotfix.aspx?kbnum=######

A program that can scan for these hotfixes would be great (after it finds a hotfix on that link it then checks to see if a article is available, if it is it will not list it in the results)

Maybe you can enter a number to start/end with example 961729 to 999999. It would be nice if it could also check what versions of windows those hotfixes were for example xp sp4, vista sp3 or both

IDK I just wish there was a better way to do it other than manualy

Or maybe either a good Windows installer maker/creator with comprehensive GUI and simple features etc :rolleyes: personally i'd love it too...

Anyway hopefully it/they would work fine on any Windows OS too (e.g 98, Xp, 2003, Vista, 7 etc) :thumbsup_anim: Btw sorry for just making double posts, but i've just got this that as a different idea thanks again

Here is something that would be useful for UpdatePack makers who use all the hotfixes that come out on kbupdate.info

The hotfixes on those articles mostly you have to request them via the "View and request hotfix" link, the thing is some hotfixes are available on the View and req link before Microsoft even publishes the KB Article for them example KB961729 had no KB Article yet but it is available via the View and request hotfix link

Soon microsoft will come arount and publish the kb article and let it be known that this fix exist and what it does, but it does take months sometimes

To find these hotfixes that have no kb article but are waiting to be published all you need to do is use this url and add a kb number on the end

A program that can scan for these hotfixes would be great (after it finds a hotfix on that link it then checks to see if a article is available, if it is it will not list it in the results)

Maybe you can enter a number to start/end with example 961729 to 999999. It would be nice if it could also check what versions of windows those hotfixes were for example xp sp4, vista sp3 or both

Thats actually a really good idea! Sounds fairly simple to make too. If no one makes it let me know. I'm sure I could throw a simple program together to do it fairly quickly. :)

http://thehotfixshare.net/board/index.php?showforum=174

I used the website above and downloaded all the updates after Vista SP1 was released by making it only display the ones after a certain date. I then went through them all removing the ones which are in SP1 already.

I then put them all in the archive and uploaded it so everyone else could integrate them all.

'Bruteforce' the MS server, wait for reply, if 404 igonre, if not open html and get windows version and add to a list?

Wow so we can request any software here? How about a program to save a flash game directly? (as offline file), it would be so cool: http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?sho...amp;#entry48579 (original idea by ccl0). Thanks :)

That would be rather hard, it could scan the html for .swf link files, but usually on gaming sites there are loads of .swf files all around (commercials, spam), but then the user should select one .swf file from a list.

Or maybe either a good Windows installer maker/creator with comprehensive GUI and simple features etc :rolleyes: personally i'd love it too...

Anyway hopefully it/they would work fine on any Windows OS too (e.g 98, Xp, 2003, Vista, 7 etc) :thumbsup_anim: Btw sorry for just making double posts, but i've just got this that as a different idea thanks again

Windows Installer maker that does what?

Make a legacy win9x slipstreamer customizer. How about that?

If there is a manual or some kind of guide that users manually follow - that could be programmed into an app, then why not. :)