Hey guys, What do you think is the best among them?

blackace

What's the Best OS?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. What's the Best OS?

• Microsoft Windows 7
    • Microsoft Windows Vista SP2
    • Microsoft Windows XpSp3
    • Microsoft Server 2008
    • Microsoft Media Center
    • Microsoft Windows Me
    • Microsoft Windows 98
    • Microsoft Windows 2000

I have tried 7 a few times and I really didn't like it. I find they are taking simplicity a little too far and your now losing control over a lot of the aspects that I like within XP. Plus the newer user interface really does nothing for me. I'm more about my music now than anything else, and NetMD Simple Burner does not run on anything newer than XP.

XP + MD = :)

I will stick to XP Sp3 for a long time.

cygnus, me too! Cheeeer!

• 1 month later...

I haven't use Windows 2000, what's the feature that make it the best men? could you tell me? :thumbsup_anim: :icon_cool:

well back when it first came out, hard drives were much smaller. there were no 500gb+ drives out there. i think the biggest were like 20gb, maybe smaller (too long ago to recall)..

fully installed i think w2k only took up around 500mb. xp fully installed was around 2gb i think, and had lots of bloat (compared to w2k at least). w2k was very small and (at least in my opinion) faster than xp. i think i used w2k until 2006.. eventually companies stopped supporting it due to xp being much more popular and also my hard drive was much larger by then, so i decided to make the switch :)

the bloat in xp doesn't bother me much anymore, and what i don't like i just remove with nlite

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried 7 a few times and I really didn't like it. I find they are taking simplicity a little too far and your now losing control over a lot of the aspects that I like within XP. Plus the newer user interface really does nothing for me. I'm more about my music now than anything else, and NetMD Simple Burner does not run on anything newer than XP.

XP + MD = :)

I will stick to XP Sp3 for a long time.

I also tried and not completely dislike it; but agree on losing control over many features. I like the explorer overview in XP more than the newer fancy thing. I like the eyecandy but it works a little confusing and inefficient.