YEEEEEEEAH

LUZR4LIFE

Man is a great to have a computer and not a large calculator. LMAO.

I got a HP Pavilion dv6324us Notebook PC yesterday. As always it is impossible to get XP drivers for these Vista made systems. I have install Windows 7 Build 7229. I will be installing software etc. today, I hope 7 lives up to the hype.

System Specs are in the SIG.

Nice rig! I'm glad for your mate. You should stick one more gig of RAM and you're ready :)

I plan on it, but I have to get money 1st. I have to 512's so I will need to get 2*1G's. This laptop kind of fell into my hands, I didn't pay for it.

Guest snakecracker

I love getting computers or laptops from people that don't won't them... gives me somethink to work with and then pass it on or keep it as a another system for my room. lol

Nice laptop too

:)

HP systems used to be my favorite. But latley I have not had much luck with them. I have 2 DV9200 series laptops. The batteries get so hot they could cook an egg sandwich. The left corner of the screen is falling apart due to a defect from the processor or battery getting too hot in that area. And their support have been crap for me. My bro and his girlfriend have DV6000 series laptops and both of them have had the wireless go bad. My bro has sent his in twice to have new motherboards put into his. The third time they told him his warranty expired and it would cost him tons of money to repair. :( I have many of the same issues happen on many of my customers as well. Hopefully all of these issues have been resolved with your new system.

I would reccomend that you periodically check HP's website or elsewhere online to see if anyone has had any issues with your model. That way if hp has a recall or offers repairs for free for a limited time for known issues you will be allright.

I found out there was a free repair for my laptop with the left hinge of my screen... but I missed it by 6 days. :( They refused to fix it. At the same time I had a customers laptop which had the same issue and his was so bad it shorted out something and wouldn't even turn on anymore. :thumbsdown_anim:

New HP's are almost impossible to install a fully working XP. But I have had lots of luck with getting XP to work on new Toshiba laptops.

I think it will be a long time before I purchase another HP.

i hope you have much more luck than me.

Siginet

Edited by Siginet

HP systems used to be my favorite. But latley I have not had much luck with them. I have 2 DV9200 series laptops. The batteries get so hot they could cook an egg sandwich. The left corner of the screen is falling apart due to a defect from the processor or battery getting too hot in that area. And their support have been crap for me. My bro and his girlfriend have DV6000 series laptops and both of them have had the wireless go bad. My bro has sent his in twice to have new motherboards put into his. The third time they told him his warranty expired and it would cost him tons of money to repair. :( I have many of the same issues happen on many of my customers as well. Hopefully all of these issues have been resolved with your new system.

I would reccomend that you periodically check HP's website or elsewhere online to see if anyone has had any issues with your model. That way if hp has a recall or offers repairs for free for a limited time for known issues you will be allright.

I found out there was a free repair for my laptop with the left hinge of my screen... but I missed it by 6 days. :( They refused to fix it. At the same time I had a customers laptop which had the same issue and his was so bad it shorted out something and wouldn't even turn on anymore. :thumbsdown_anim:

New HP's are almost impossible to install a fully working XP. But I have had lots of luck with getting XP to work on new Toshiba laptops.

I think it will be a long time before I purchase another HP.

i hope you have much more luck than me.

Siginet

Thanks for the info. I am not a big fan of laptops but you can't beat free. LOL. Hope fully I can sell this for enough to build a decent system.

Yeah, When I had XP on it I would 10% in 2 minutes. I have Win7 now, but I have been keeping it plugged in. so I am not sure if it runs the same with the new power options. I still haven't did any research on that issue since this will be used as a desktop.

I plan on it, but I have to get money 1st. I have to 512's so I will need to get 2*1G's. This laptop kind of fell into my hands, I didn't pay for it.

i need to find me some friends like that :crying_anim02:

So far 7 is running pretty good, it's so much better than Vista. I am running at around 650mb of RAM so I do need to get it up to 2G. Iam not sure I like 7's quick launch, but I think I just need to get used to it. So far so good though, oh I got an error trying to install DotNet 3.5, at 12:00am,I was to tired to even bother researching it.