Issues with VMWare

LUZR4LIFE

OK, I am using VMWare for my virtual machine and I can't connect to the internet on my virtual machine. I am using the NAT connection through VMWARE which I have always used and never had issues when installed on XP.

Does anyone know what I need to do to get it working on 7?

THANKS

OK, after a few day's and one broken mouse later (LOL) I found a fix. There are more than 1 of these tutorials, but this was the one that worked for me.

1. Run the Virtual Network Editor as Administrator (Use RunAS or right click and Run as Administrator on vmnetcfg.exe)

2. Goto Host Virtual Adapters and remove all VMNet instances (VMNet1 and VMNet8 typically).

3. Click Apply.

4. Add New and Assign it the new adapter to VMnet1.

5. Click Apply.

6. Select the Host Virtual Networking tab.

7. Click the > next to VMnet1 and change the address and subnet to the ICS network (192.168.137.0 / 255.255.255.0)

8. Click Apply.

9. Go to the NAT tab and select VMNet1.

10. Click Edit and change the Gateway to the ICS gateway IP (192.168.137.1)

11. Click Apply and restart the NAT service. (Counter-intuitive, I know.)

12. Go to the DHCP tab.

13. Add VMNet1 and remove all others.

14. Click Apply.

15. Select Properties of VMNet1 in DHCP Tab.

16. Enter a Start and End Address for DHCP Scope (192.168.137.50 to 192.168.137.75 as an example)

17. Adjust client lease to a few days to avoid potential DHCP client renewal timeouts.

18. Click OK / Click Apply.

19. Select Host Only Networking for every VM that needs NAT out to your host network/internet.

20. Enable ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) on the Windows 7 Host network card that provides connectivity. Select VMNet1 as the network card that needs access.