Windows 7 Forum Trash

neuropass

I do not use vlite and wim filter maybe is closed (your toolkit asked me to close it the first time I run it). I've Installed Microsoft Windows AIK... does this cause any problems?

Q:how can I check and close it in case that's open?

Edited by stsaerox

I do not use vlite and wim filter maybe is closed (your toolkit asked me to close it the first time I run it). I've Installed Microsoft Windows AIK... does this cause any problems?

Q:how can I check and close it in case that's open?

I'm going to test the integration, I'm also adding a new feature update integration feature which i hope you will like, it's a secret for now :P

EDIT: Confirmed not working, DISM error 0x801f0005 (censored.gif)

EDIT2: Confirmed that WIM Filter is causing the issue.

hi

I've downloaded the latest version, it's telling me it's corrupted on all the downloads i've made,

I'm running on win7 x64 ultimate, is it compatible ????

I have the aik installed etc ...

help ??

I've made a few fixes to the downloader but i don't think they would fix the issue. However.... I am going to add an alternative download method to see if that helps, it uses the default vb .net tool to download files. It was used in the original VUT and it brought up a little screen with a progress bar).

Hopefully the next version will work properly (not out yet).

Edited by Legolash2o

I'm going to test the integration, I'm also adding a new feature update integration feature which i hope you will like, it's a secret for now :P

EDIT: Confirmed not working, DISM error 0x801f0005 (censored.gif)

EDIT2: Confirmed that WIM Filter is causing the issue

Then I'll try to remove or close wim filter completely. Does waik install it by default?

Happy to know these secrets first :P

Edited by stsaerox

Awesome work Windows 7 toolkit!

When ever you select update integrator for windows updates is it only for [install.wim] file or do you also have to add updates to boot.wim file also

How do you create a inf file for drivers

When ever you select Driver integrator do i need [install.wim] -- or [boot.wim] which one

it says only install signed drivers

prompt to install unisingned drivers

i have an nvidia card drivers it's never prompt me to install unisigned drivers before i guess in that case

i select [only install signed drivers] it that about right

how do i know which one

thanks for your help

Edited by MBrys331

New version released! 0.6.0.23, hope you like the new Update Integrator!! pirate.gif

Still need help about disabling manually wim filter. Can anyone help?

New version will uninstall wimfltr for you :) (restart needed)

Awesome work Windows 7 toolkit!

1. When ever you select update integrator for windows updates is it only for [install.wim] file or do you also have to add updates to boot.wim file also

2. How do you create a inf file for drivers

3. When ever you select Driver integrator do i need [install.wim] -- or [boot.wim] which one

4. it says only install signed drivers

prompt to install unisingned drivers

i have an nvidia card drivers it's never prompt me to install unisigned drivers before i guess in that case

i select [only install signed drivers] it that about right

how do i know which one

thanks for your help

1. You only need to select the install.wim

2. They should come with the drivers, if they don't then i don't think its a driver.

3. install.wim, although if a driver is to detect your hard drive then you can try the boot.wim. Best stick with install.wim

4. I recommend just to install the signed drivers.

hi

im still trying to downloads and unzip the file ... each time at the extraction it say's crc errors in the zip file .......

On the new version, go to "Options" > "W7T Options" > check "Standard Downloading", then try download your files again. Does your ISP use proxy servers?

Edited by Legolash2o

how to create a inf file for drivers to intergate [video drivers] my driver is [exe]

thanks for ypur help

New version released! 0.6.0.23, hope you like the new Update Integrator!! pirate.gif

New version will uninstall wimfltr for you :) (restart needed)

1. You only need to select the install.wim

2. They should come with the drivers, if they don't then i don't think its a driver.

3. install.wim, although if a driver is to detect your hard drive then you can try the boot.wim. Best stick with install.wim

4. I recommend just to install the signed drivers.

On the new version, go to "Options" > "W7T Options" > check "Standard Downloading", then try download your files again. Does your ISP use proxy servers?

how do you change exe file for [drivers] to inf file for the toolkit to reginize it and for it to work

what program do you recommand and how do you change [exe] [inf]

thanks for your help

Edited by MBrys331

I noticed that when integrating updates. DISM appears, integrates one update, closes, and opens again for the next update. It might be more efficient and faster to move all the selected updates to a folder and give DISM the folder path using /PackagePath:

DISM will scan the folder path for update files and integrate them all in the same instance.

This would also keep DISM from appearing every few seconds and stealing focus from my foreground application.

how do you change exe file for [drivers] to inf file for the toolkit to reginize it and for it to work

what program do you recommand and how do you change [exe] [inf]

thanks for your help

When you run the .exe it should extract the files somewhere or you could try opening the .exe with 7z.

I noticed that when integrating updates. DISM appears, integrates one update, closes, and opens again for the next update. It might be more efficient and faster to move all the selected updates to a folder and give DISM the folder path using /PackagePath:

DISM will scan the folder path for update files and integrate them all in the same instance.

This would also keep DISM from appearing every few seconds and stealing focus from my foreground application.

Yeah, i know lol but the problem is that if i make it run with one DISM command i won't be able to display the progress ie. 2 out of 50, 3 out of 50...

Yeah, i know lol but the problem is that if i make it run with one DISM command i won't be able to display the progress ie. 2 out of 50, 3 out of 50...

That's true, but DISM itself will report its progress in the same way. Maybe you could monitor the DISM log file for progress, idk.

If that won't work, there should at least be a way to keep DISM in the background so it doesn't pop up and steal focus.

Anyway, great program. I really like the ability to select multiple images. Saves me so much time.

That's true, but DISM itself will report its progress in the same way. Maybe you could monitor the DISM log file for progress, idk.

If that won't work, there should at least be a way to keep DISM in the background so it doesn't pop up and steal focus.

Anyway, great program. I really like the ability to select multiple images. Saves me so much time.

well dunno about that but in autoit there is some way when you can run a cmd windows in hidden mode

maybe there is something like that in visual basic maybe lego have an idea about that

You should not see any DISM windows using the Update Integrator, if you see any on any other tools let me know. Although when it comes to mounting the images, the screens will still appear.

I looked into the issue a bit more and I found it only happens when multiple images are selected. If I only select one image, the DISM windows are not visible.

Here's a video of the issue. http://www.screentoaster.com/watch/stUEhdQExBRFtYR11ZXF5dU1NS

Skip to about 1:30 to see where the windows appear. Screen Toaster didn't capture my mouse pointer for some reason.

I didn't notice the new version. :D

My theme: http://download.microsoft.com/download/3/9/0/390C201A-D1EF-4487-8772-2BA84C646705/SurrealTerritory.themepack

Got it from here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/downloads/personalize

Edit: I noticed what I think is a bug in the new version.

Mounting :: Windows 7 HOMEBASIC x64 - 1 of 5 appears in the status bar but it never increments to 2 of 5. It always says 1.

Edited by techie1

thanks for creating a video

I looked into the issue a bit more and I found it only happens when multiple images are selected. If I only select one image, the DISM windows are not visible.

Here's a video of the issue. http://www.screentoaster.com/watch/stUEhdQExBRFtYR11ZXF5dU1NS

Skip to about 1:30 to see where the windows appear. Screen Toaster didn't capture my mouse pointer for some reason.

• 2 weeks later...