Which version of 7 you getting?

What version you getting?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which One?

• Ultimate
    • Professional
    • Home Premium

I've taken the course for Windows 7 and as I'm informed, for the home users best buy would be "Home Premium" and for business users "Professional" version.

With Home Premium you'll miss the following features from Professional:

- Windows XP mode (do you need it? If you do, then you don't have a choice, take Professional version)

- Domain Join

- Automatic Backup

Ultimate has all of that +

- Bitlocker (useless for Home PC's, if you ask me, very useful for laptops)

- Languages support (35 languages) so far.

As my company has SA agreement, I'll have access to all version, but for the home use I won't need anything more than Home Premium.

Many people will choose Ultimate so he/she can boast with it and say "I have it all", but I'll ask then, are you using features from the "Ultimate" version? :)

Guest snakecracker

I did use bitlocker for my 160 hard drive. but took it off as i didn't really need it.

I would be using Windows XP Mode for some programs that don't want to work on 7.

But i really think i don't need it much. But here its only

Guest snakecracker

well i'm still thinking

i like xp mode but still

i don't use it too much

so i think i would go for Home Premium

I've not been able to use XP Mode. :(

My CPU does not have Intel V :(

Guest snakecracker

That sucks. XP mode isn't all that great. Cough, cough. I am just saying that to make you feel better.

LMAO!!

I preordered both Pro and Home Premium. I plan on using XP mode on the tower (kids have some old games that didn't want to play natively during the RC test.) so Pro for that one.

Home Premium for the notebook.

well remember that the xp mode use virtual vga so it's alittle weak and can't run old games unless you really mean old games

I preordered both Pro and Home Premium. I plan on using XP mode on the tower (kids have some old games that didn't want to play natively during the RC test.) so Pro for that one.

Home Premium for the notebook.

Compatibility mode isn't working for this game?

Compatibility mode isn't working for this game?

well from what i read << not under tests

that Xp Mode is just a virtual so it still uses a virtual vga

it doesn't integrate it self into the system not 100%

so i don't think it might run games

it's just for old programs that can't be run on new pc

I just got done installing the Release Candidate on my HP tablet and I must say Windows 7 is an extremely sought after improvement over Vista. God, my tablet ran so slow with Vista. It is an AMD Turion Dual Core, so that might explain it. Anyway, now with 7 on here, this little computer is so much more usable now. Runs way better.

I'm definitely purchasing it, so I'll be getting Home Premium (That's all I need on here). I am hoping the family pack works out and allows 3(+) PCs, then I can put it on my desktop and my brothers desktop as well. That would be nice :)

• 3 weeks later...