Windows System File Integrator. New Release.

Worf

Hi.

New Release.

Here is a new release of WSFI Version 1.0.1?

What is new in Version 1.0.1

Ability to insert your own registry entries directly into the HIVE Files. (Registry)...

This is for inserting Software Registration ect. Not for enterying Registry Tweaks.

Ability to integrate you own modified system files. (ie. Shell32.dll ect)

This will over write the original system files.

Changed the UI layout.

Some code modifications and clean up.

NOTE: You will need .NET 3.5 installed

Click here to download.

Download

Next Release:

1. Integrate Windows DreamScenes.

2. Integrate Windows Vista SideBar.

3. Integrate Alki for applications. (Needed for Windows Vista SideBar)

Plus much more.

WSFI will allow you to integrate all you Wallpaper, Sound Schemes and Cursors without the need to use the $OEM$ folder.

WSFI will integrate them all into your Windows Source folder.

So what sort of things to expect to be able to do with WSFI?

Here is a list of the things to look forward to as WSFI is developed.

1. Integrate wallpaper directly into your XP source. (Done)

2. Integrate sound schemes directly into your XP source. (Done)

3. Integrate visual style directly into your XP source.

4. Integrate cursors directly into you XP source. (Done)

5. Change the location of the My Documents folder. (Done) Not Tested

6. Change the location of the Documents and Settings Folder. (Done) Not Tested

7. Insert registry tweaks directly into XP Hive files.

8. Insert your own registry settings like (Serials for your programs) directly into XP's Hive files. (Done) NEW

9. Remove some of XP's components.

10. Remove useless folders (Online Services ect).

11. Integrate Modified System Files. (Done) NEW

This will stop the need of using the $OEM$ folder and eventually stop the need of using .Reg files.

Regards

Worf

Edited by Worf

Hi ccl0

Yep still been working on it, taken all this time to sort out the Wallpaper and sound scheme problems.

Then i spent a while trying to sort out the problems with the cursor integration.

Just waiting now for any replies and comments/suggestions on it, just hope it runs ok on other peoples computers as i only have my machine to test it on, and it runs and integrates everything fine on mine. The main thing i want is to make it easy for people to use and try to impement as much as i can in it.

Please let me know how it goes with you.

Regards

Worf

Hi ccl0

You can download it from the top of this thread, just click download. Or you can download it from my website right at the bottom of the page.

Worf

clicking on 'download' above leads to your forum..

looking at your forum, i can't find where it is. i thought maybe it was in official release http://dhost.info/wo...read.php?tid=60 but it just says look in the download section(which i can't seem to find)

my only guess the download section is maybe private and not available to public viewing?

Edited by ccl0

Well it has been over a week now since i released WSFI and still no feed back from anyone who has downloaded and tried it.

So it seems to me that there does not seem to be that much interest in it, which means that i am considering stopping development of WSFI.

I thought that there would have been a lot more interest in it than i have had and as there hasn't, means that there is no point in myself waisting my time carrying on with it when there are other things i could be doing.

It is sad.

Regards

Worf

Well it has been over a week now since i released WSFI and still no feed back from anyone who has downloaded and tried it.

So it seems to me that there does not seem to be that much interest in it, which means that i am considering stopping development of WSFI.

I thought that there would have been a lot more interest in it than i have had and as there hasn't, means that there is no point in myself waisting my time carrying on with it when there are other things i could be doing.

It is sad.

Regards

Worf

well of course there wouldn't be so much attention because there is a tools that do the same thing and more

so you need to make something make people use your tool

something that other Tools doesn't do

seems that your tool is A Theme changer Wallpaper and icons

then complete it with Boot Screen and logon

just keep going maybe one day your tool would be used more than others

Thank you for you positive reply.

I will as you say keep going with it as there are a lot of things i want it to do to make it easier for users to customize there unattended XP CD's.

I have a lot of ideas to implement into it.

I was hoping for some feed back on whether it is working on other users machine. Anyway, i will do a some more work on it ready for the next release.

hey worf, would you have any idea how to remove or hide the words 'log off" and "turn off computer" from the start menu?

for example: http://ludo35300.deviantart.com/art/explorer-exe-Seven-for-XP-fr-112836917 is the closest i've found, but i'm hoping there is another way other than using a modified .exe file

plus its in french, so i dont think it would work on my US xp OS :P

Hi ccl0

Apart from using a hacked .exe i am not sure. One of the features i would like to incorperate into WSFI would be to be able to hack system files with predefined settings but at the moment i don't know how to do that at the moment. Maybe when i have added what i want into WSFI i may look into this.

One thing you will be able to do in WSFI will be to integrate modded system files which i am hoping to introduce in the next release.

By the way, have you tried it because i want to know if it worked on other peoples machines.

Regards

Worf

i didnt try it. i don't understand french so i didn't know what the person was writing about in the description :P

i was hoping there was a more elegant solution like a .reg entry to modify the text there or something :)

other than uxtheme patcher, i don't like the idea of hacking windows files b/c i think you have to disable that windows file protection thing.

edit: after a long time searching i think i finally found how it was done. there issomething called lspatch, which edits the explorer.exe file. however,it has not been updated in a couple years i believe, and i have found mention in other forums that it can potentially screw up your system and remove some dllcache files or something

another way i found is to manually do it.

"Just open %windir%\Explorer.exe file in Resource Hacker and go to:

String Table -> 439 -> 1033

And in right-side, delete the text saying "Log Off" & "Turn Off" in 7012 & 7013 lines.

Now compile and save the file...

- the only down side to this is you have to disable windows file protection to modify the explorer.exe file.

Edited by ccl0

found another solution that (i think) does not rely on disabled wfp. i have not tested it however.

requires a bit of hex editing but you dont't have to worry about that wfp changes back the original file.

open system32/sfcfiles.dll in a hex editor. look for this string:

6500780070006C006F007200650072002E006500 65006500

(it is: explorer = e.x.p.l.o.r.e.r, just in a "hex" format)

you will find this "e.x.p.l.o.r.e.r.e.x.e" 5 times. now rename all of this to "e.x.p.l.o.r.e.r.e.x.x" or whatever you want.

save the file then replace it, restart. (oh and don't forget to replace in dllcache folder as well. just to be sure)

now the wfp will not give a damn about what you do with explorer.exe. if you replace it or reshack it, windows just won't find out that it's been altered or replaced. because this sfcfiles.dll contains the listof the protected files in windows xp. now if you rename one of these items in this list, windows just will treat it as a normal non-protected file. because in this case the "explorer.exx" file doesn't exist.

Edited by ccl0

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 6 years later...
On 02/08/2009 at 9:40 PM, ccl0 said:

wow i completely forgot you were working on this :)

might want to change your topic title to something more catchy though, like official release of WSFI :P

On 02/08/2009 at 10:13 PM, Worf said:

Hi ccl0

Yep still been working on it, taken all this time to sort out the Wallpaper and sound scheme problems.

Then i spent a while trying to sort out the problems with the cursor integration.

Just waiting now for any replies and comments/suggestions on it, just hope it runs ok on other peoples computers as i only have my machine to test it on, and it runs and integrates everything fine on mine. The main thing i want is to make it easy for people to use and try to impement as much as i can in it.

Please let me know how it goes with you.

Regards

Worf

Any one can reupload it?