request win messenger 5.1

outcast

i want to change original windows messenger (v4.7) to new version (5.1) in xp setup cd. how can i do that or can anyone make an addon for me thanks.

(i dont want to use switchless or silent installer i want to change old files with new files in xp source cd)

• 3 weeks later...

+1 for a Windows Messenger 5.1.0715 True Addon

Windows Messenger is Windows' built-in Mini M$.NET Passport messenger client and is not directly related to Windows Live Messenger (formerly known as MSN Messenger).

Nevertheless, for some features such as Remote Assistance, WLM requires Windows Messenger to be installed.

Edited by ulysse

I was working on one in order to add it to my spanish pack but I stopped working on it, I left out the tablet pc stuff because i already have a spanish xp tablet pc addon and I dont need the extra tablet stuff

Here it is in case somebody wants to translate it to their lang and/or improve on it

Link removed

Remember its spanish and nLite only

Thank you, but I think houve have uploaded the wrong file...

Were you working on a SVC or True AddOn?

What does this have to do with Tablet PC ?? Windows Messenger is present on all Windows XP editions...

Edited by ulysse

True full replacement addon, you are confused by the asms folder, that is simply a way to have windows install/update some of the runtimes...look in the msi installer you will find these updated files and look on your windows cd and you will see how windows installs them

Also if you notice the msi installer installs some tablet pc components, they dot install for me because I already have them and they are more up to date than the ones in the installer

Thanks mate ;)

I have replaced all files inside your addon with the ones included in the French installer and I will try to integrate it into my next image...

I'll keep in touch.

Back as promised...it almost works, unless that an error message "msvcr71.dll not found" pops up when trying to start msmsgs.exe

So I have copied that file from a stable Windows installation on another partition and then the programme started up correctly.

Could you please tell me how to fix this?

Actually, is your addon supposed to work correctly (you said that you stopped working on it)?

Here is what I did so far http://www.mediafire.com/?yfydldycm52

Edited by ricktendo64

Back as promised...it almost works, unless that an error message "msvcr71.dll not found" pops up when trying to start msmsgs.exe

So I have copied that file from a stable Windows installation on another partition and then the programme started up correctly.

Could you please tell me how to fix this?

Actually, is your addon supposed to work correctly (you said that you stopped working on it)?

Here is what I did so far http://www.mediafire.com/?yfydldycm52

well you can fix that problem by your self

in Entries

add this lines

[txtsetup_files]

msvcr71.dll = 100,,,,,,,2,0,0

that should fix the problem for you

Yes, I already thought that a Runtimes pack would fix that error.

Anyway, if these two lines + msvcr71.dll inside the addon fix it, I prefer that solution.

[txtsetup_files]

Thanks to DaRk MaDnEsS ;)

I have now translated the strings into French (all asms files were already swapped with those from the French msi installer package).

http://www.mediafire.com/?dw4nlmzzzym

I'll nLite a new image tonight....keep you updated

Thanks again to all of you :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by ulysse

Yes, I already thought that a Runtimes pack would fix that error.

Anyway, if these two lines + msvcr71.dll inside the addon fix it, I prefer that solution.

[txtsetup_files]

Thanks to DaRk MaDnEsS ;)

I have now translated the strings into French (all asms files were already swapped with those from the French msi installer package).

http://www.mediafire.com/?dw4nlmzzzym

I'll nLite a new image tonight....keep you updated

Thanks again to all of you :thumbsup_anim:

thanks for your works but i can not download it :(

• 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...