I am thinking about gong back to school.

LUZR4LIFE

Well. It is hard to find a job and I have been unemployed for a little over 2 years now. Si I am thinking about going back to school, that way I can make a little bit of money off of school loans. LOL. I want to stay in the computer field since I have already went to school for Electronics and Computer Technology.

I can use some help on what to major in or what field to get into. So if you have any suggestions please let me know. I am wanting to go for something that is in high demand and a little ignorant to what that is.

Thanks.

Edited by LUZR4LIFE

I'm in Computer Engineering at the moment. I'm currently working (on a co-op term/internship) as a technical analyst/developer for an insurance company. No clue what I'm going to be doing when I graduate though. :P

Computer engineers, software engineers, and computer scientists seem to be in high demand, I guess. Myself and one of my colleagues (also on a co-op term/internship) are among the highest paid students there this summer. :thumbsup_anim: Lots of programming work out there, but yeah, it is kind of hard finding a job. Before being placed, I applied to about 50 jobs and only got 5 interviews out of those applications (10 jobs got canceled). To compare, in my first semester, I applied to 30 jobs, and got 10 interviews.

I'm in Computer Engineering at the moment. I'm currently working (on a co-op term/internship) as a technical analyst/developer for an insurance company. No clue what I'm going to be doing when I graduate though. :P

Computer engineers, software engineers, and computer scientists seem to be in high demand, I guess. Myself and one of my colleagues (also on a co-op term/internship) are among the highest paid students there this summer. :thumbsup_anim: Lots of programming work out there, but yeah, it is kind of hard finding a job. Before being placed, I applied to about 50 jobs and only got 5 interviews out of those applications (10 jobs got canceled). To compare, in my first semester, I applied to 30 jobs, and got 10 interviews.

Thanks gamehead200, I have applied for over 100 jobs in the last 2 years and have not gotten a called back or email. When I was going to school (NIT now know as Everest Institute, I got a job as a support Tech after my 1st semester. I had to leave that job because I didn't have a license unfortunately. I know that I am going to take Spanish I can be bilingual which should further my chances. Again thanks for replying.

Edited by LUZR4LIFE

hey you sound like me. all i can tell you is make sure you go to school for something you love and have a unending passion for.. otherwise you'll end up like me. i lost the spark and flunked out and have nothing to show for it but a massive school loan i can't pay off.

hey you sound like me. all i can tell you is make sure you go to school for something you love and have a unending passion for.. otherwise you'll end up like me. i lost the spark and flunked out and have nothing to show for it but a massive school loan i can't pay off.

I love working with computers so that is why I want to stay in that field. Not sure on what field I want to be in yet. I already have 23000 in school loans. So I am going for financial aid since I haven't worked in a year.

Edited by LUZR4LIFE

U can join teaching ( school or tution class) profession..most of do that in my country..

And if u know programming , designing etc then u can work as freelancer online..

I don't know aything about programing and design, unfortunately, but that is something I want to learn.

i have earned little money via designing blog for some guyz.. and now i am trying to get good project from freelancing site.. since i am not good on these stuff i have not done till now..

but i am earning some money frm ptc sites.. and i will buy domain name when i got enough money

No, luck as of yet. They said its to late for me to get financial aid, so I am trying to find grants etc. Classes start in 13 days so I may have to wait until next semester. Hopefully I Will still want to go then. LOL

Edited by LUZR4LIFE

Guest snakecracker

I am going to have to wait until next semister. I can't get aid or grants before classes start. :thumbsdown_anim:

:/

Well you have got in right?

Soo something to look forward to! ;) LOL

:/

Well your have got in right?

Soo something to look forward to! ;) LOL

Yeah, I sent in the Financial Aid Application yesterday. I should find out in 3 weeks if I can get it. I asked the school if I could start 2 weeks late and they said no? So I have to wait.

Guest snakecracker

Yeah, I sent in the Financial Aid Application yesterday. I should find out in 3 weeks if I can get it. I asked the school if I could start 2 weeks late and they said no? So I have to wait.

Schools are like that... Don't want people to start early or it will mess up their timetables... lol

Well at least you've got a place.

I on the other hand needs to find out what i'm doing LOL I've got a place at a college but not sure what I am doing!? :S Yup weird right? LOL.

• 2 months later...