System crashes

Link

since I instelled my new mobo i'm getting an intermittent crash where i don't get any BSOD or any warning at all, system just locks up and all i can do is hit restart, I'm failry sure is this crappy ASRock motherboard but I cant be 100% as my brother is having the exact same problem with his PC and its pretty much the same setup as mine.

I'll post my sys info:

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 2/10/2007, 10:48:32

Machine name: LINK-5109596B3E

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp.050928-1517)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: K7NF2

System Model: K7NF2-RAID

BIOS: Default System BIOS

Processor: AMD Athlon XP 3200+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.2GHz

Memory: 1024MB RAM

Page File: 334MB used, 2127MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

DxDiag Previously: Crashed in DirectInput (stage 1)

I turned off Error reporting when I installed windows because it was annoying but I've just turned it back on

Oh, by the way my brother has a different GPU and motherboard to me but everything else is the same.

I'm sure I put an Asus A7n8x-E in his PC with a GF 5200 but dont quote me on it.

Other thing is last time i recovered from a crash my thunderbird accounts were all deleted I'm not sure whether to class this as software issues now or not.

My GPU is XFX GF 6800 GT

I already had to send one of these back faulty.

Oh, by the way my brother has a different GPU and motherboard to me but everything else is the same.

I'm sure I put an Asus A7n8x-E in his PC with a GF 5200 but dont quote me on it.

Other thing is last time i recovered from a crash my thunderbird accounts were all deleted I'm not sure whether to class this as software issues now or not.

My GPU is XFX GF 6800 GT

I already had to send one of these back faulty.

If your brother has the same PC setup as you and he's having the same problems, I would say it's hardware issue for sure. Also, I doubt it's software related since you both have a fresh install of XP, right?

It's hard to diagnose now which part of hardware is buggin' you. I kinda wonder what this message tells us "DxDiag Previously: Crashed in DirectInput (stage 1)"

It could be video or sound problem here also.

Can you please tell me at which point your system hangs? Are you trying to access something or it just hangs for no special reason?

If your brother has the same PC setup as you and he's having the same problems, I would say it's hardware issue for sure. Also, I doubt it's software related since you both have a fresh install of XP, right?

It's hard to diagnose now which part of hardware is buggin' you. I kinda wonder what this message tells us "DxDiag Previously: Crashed in DirectInput (stage 1)"

It could be video or sound problem here also.

Can you please tell me at which point your system hangs? Are you trying to access something or it just hangs for no special reason?

It just hangs for no reason, not asking it to do anything demanding.

Nether of us have a fresh install of XP.

And I noticed that line in DXDiag I'm going to try find out what it means as for hardware issues the only differences between

our PCs is GPU and mobo and this only started when my N7N8X-X died on me and i replaced it with the only socket A mobo i could get that was ASrock and I did everything i could not to go with an ASRock.

Since you've replaced the faulty MBO and installed the new one, it could be a driver issue also. You should back up all your data and make a fresh install of WinXP with SP2, and if you'll still experience problems, you should replace the MBO IMO.. :confused02:

Since you've replaced the faulty MBO and installed the new one, it could be a driver issue also. You should back up all your data and make a fresh install of WinXP with SP2, and if you'll still experience problems, you should replace the MBO IMO.. :confused02:

Would anything like this happen if too much power was being used and the PSU wasnt high enugh wattage? Its only at the same time as changing my mobo i installed 2 case fans and a cold cathode light.

Maybe I'm sucking up too much power?

Would anything like this happen if too much power was being used and the PSU wasnt high enugh wattage? Its only at the same time as changing my mobo i installed 2 case fans and a cold cathode light.

Maybe I'm sucking up too much power?

Yes that could be an option also... If you can try some other PSU hoping with better results...

A friend of mine had similar thing ,one DVD-ROM was to much for his configuration even when ROM was just idling and no work has been don with it...