Do you need Transformation pack for xp ?

pri2sh

Now XP is really old, most of have vista or 7 in their PC. I was thinking of making XP Transformation Pack and later i thought it is will be useless because most of have vista or 7 so what i am thinking is, making Windows 7 Replacement(my previous win7 based transformation pack for xp) open source. I believe its working process is same in Vista as well as 7 only file to be modified is different and 256x256 px icon is needed. If it's code is made open source interested can make their own transformation pack instead of distributing modified dll & exe file which caused lots of system incompatibility.

I need your opinion on this. If it is made open source many will involve on it and make it better.

My transformation pack is totally based on batch codes so i guess it is not that hard.

Thing that this transformation pack lack is professional Installer UI & totally incompatible in 64bit OS.

Waiting for your replies and suggestions

Thank you!

[ do not go for my english it is not good, sorry for any confusion due to my language ]

Edited by pri2sh

I thought that W7 will be changed everything. Because ıt is faster, better than vista. People still use XP because vista isnt fast.So W7 will be change everything when people start use it.

So we should start to modify W7 or make more new tutorials about W7.

however 7 will also have it's icons, images, in dll file.. so i think it can be modified using same code, however file to be modified will be different and we have to know about which file is used for which resource and also find out those dialogs

however 7 will also have it's icons, images, in dll file.. so i think it can be modified using same code, however file to be modified will be different and we have to know about which file is used for which resource and also find out those dialogs

Yes, you are right. And ı am agree with you about wincert's logo :)

Lol i have Windows 7 and XP also installed. Please consider the fact that there are still more XP users than Vista and Windows 7 out there: e.g http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp while the OS is and will still be supported by MS until 2014 and all or most of 3rd party softwares are still compatible with it, so i think that making any transformation pack and apps for XP will be still useful, seems at least for 1-3 years forward maybe :thumbsup_anim: sorry just my personal opinion here. Good luck anyway. But yeah unlike Vista Windows 7 is really awesome OS, worth to try and have. :D