[Tool] DX's Universal UpdatePack/Addon Creator

nonno fabio

I can't find the greek version of KB951159 to make the updatepack for the addon neither an international or the english version.

I also found KB938759 in english only for server 2003 and this is its filename: WindowsServer2003-KB938759-v4-x86-ENU.exe

If some updates are missed will this tool work? Or can you me please to find these?

Edit: Which version of your update pack does this make? Which one should I check?

Can you update us in first post which addons version does it support for Internet explorer 8 and wmp 11?

Only the latest versions of Onepiece's Addons and UpdatePacks are supported (ie8 v.1.7.0, wmp11 v1.9.0, XP aio pack v3.3.0 at the moment). However the tool should work with missing hotfix and even with newer (but only if they don't write new files to the CD: verify if new filenames are added in entries.ini file inside the pack).

KB938759 was request-only but now it's public: we'll check it

Only the latest versions of Onepiece's Addons and UpdatePacks are supported (ie8 v.1.7.0, wmp11 v1.9.0, XP aio pack v3.3.0 at the moment). However the tool should work with missing hotfix and even with newer (but only if they don't write new files to the CD: verify if new filenames are added in entries.ini file inside the pack).

KB938759 was request-only but now it's public: we'll check it

Didn't try yet but I was all afternoon trying to find these request only hotfixes and don't really know if I make it.

Thanks a for the information. I'll keep collecting the rest of the updates until then. Requested only updates on microsoft site is not always availiable for greek version and makes it more difficult to make it.

Can we just remove the entries manually for the hotfixes we did not find? (I don't really know if you told me the same above)

Or add the new entries manually?

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I've tried to use DXUPAC.exe from these links (seems to be version 1.0.6.0), it worked ok for directx for example, but for ie8 it's not working, it doesn't produce the entries.ini in the archive.

I tried running on my laptop on genuine win7 Ultimate and on a virtualBox VM on XP professional SP3. with the same result.

should i try another version ? i did something wrong ?

where there any steps that i should do beside just clicking/selecting the options on the gui that apears ?

thanks in advance

send me a picture, to look good, options that you choose to create the addon in IE8, so they understand what happens

Ciao

• 3 weeks later...

send me a picture, to look good, options that you choose to create the addon in IE8, so they understand what happens

Ciao

Hi sorry for the late reply, I've solved the problem by looking at the script that it is lunched.

the problem was that the "program" was looking for IE8's setup with the name that starts with IE8, and I had the setup from the catalog.update.microsoft.com and it's name was something like "X86-en-ie8-windowsxp-x86-enu"

Every thing works fine. i also used it to build DirectX and WMP11 (eng and ita), added with nLite. the installations it's working ok and also the softwares after the installation is done.

Thanks for sharing this fine piece of software.

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

Download Onepiece .net 1.1 true addon

Rename it removing "ENU" from filename and move it in the folder where you have stored all the localized hotfixes and components listed in XP AIO UpdatePack topic (you must change ENU with CSY in filename of english-only hotfixes).

Download from Microsoft.com the needed 1.1 language pack file (langpack.exe) and place it in same folder

Then run Update Pack Creator and create CSY UpdatePack.

Download latest ENU UpdatePack and extract dotnet20.cab, dotnet30.cab, dotnet35.cab and dotnet40.cab files and copy them inside CSY updatepack. Integrate in a untouched XP SP3 source and test it on a VM

I did everything what you wrote. Then I integrated updatepack in a untouched XP SP3. Finnaly I have installed XP in Virtual Box.

But when I go update XP, then XP is giving me for choice language packs for .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5.

This is not a big problem. But is it possible create a localized files netfx11.cab, netfx20.cab, netfx30.cab, netfx35.cab and netfx40.cab?

Only 1.1 language pack can be integrated in "true mode", in the way I explained before.

2.0/3.0/3.5 languagepack does not. You must do it in svcpack mode or by creating a language pack svcpack addon.

A .net 4.0 (final) language pack doesn't exist again

Edited by nonno fabio

• 2 weeks later...

I have got a "Windows XP sp2 MCE 2005" disc. Can this tool update this disk to sp3 with ought downgrading the Media center version?(after updating it to sp3 with nlite it downgrades this from 3.0 to 2.8). Does this tool keep the version 3.0 of media center?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

nonno

When I try to build a localized french IE8 true-addon, IE8 exe is left out, only the hotfix files are added to the addon.

IE8-WindowsXP-x86-FRA.exe

IE8-WindowsXP-KB982632-x86-FRA.exe

IE8-WindowsXP-KB982381-x86-FRA.exe

IE8-WindowsXP-KB981332-x86-FRA.exe

IE8-WindowsXP-KB976662-x86-FRA.exe

IE8-WindowsXP-KB971961-x86-FRA.exe

Is there a solution to this?

• 2 weeks later...

10th of august has brought new updates including for IE, some replacing older ones.

I've rebuilt my IE8 addon replacing KB982381 with KB2183461 because the MS bulletin is saying so. Now I get this error while copying files:"Setup cannot copy the file: ieframe.mui" and lots of errors during installation.

If I add the previous addon built with KB982381, I get no errors. Any solution?

Edited by kukubau

Maybe you've integrated IE8 2 times in that CD. Retry with an untouched one or see if your txtsetup.sif there are doubled lines like these:

ie4uinit.mui = 100,,,,,,,2,0,0,ie4uinit.exe.mui
iedkcs32.mui = 100,,,,,,,2,0,0,iedkcs32.dll.mui
ieframe.mui = 100,,,,,,,2,0,0,ieframe.dll.mui
mshta.mui = 100,,,,,,,2,0,0,mshta.exe.mui
msrating.mui = 100,,,,,,,2,0,0,msrating.dll.mui
sqmapi.dll = 100,,,,,,,,3,3

in this case leave only these:

However as some reglines are changed in new IE8 update, it is better to rebuilt a new addon using Onepiece's tool and rebuild a new CD from a clean source.

Maybe you've integrated IE8 2 times in that CD. Retry with an untouched one or see if your txtsetup.sif there are doubled lines like these:

in this case leave only these:

However as some reglines are changed in new IE8 update, it is better to rebuilt a new addon using Onepiece's tool and rebuild a new CD from a clean source.

Thanks, long time since I had problems with txtsetup.sif. No, I didn't integrate IE8 twice.

I always use a clean source(XP+SP3) when building my nlited xp. I've tested this 4 times. Twice I added only the IE8(with KB2183461) addon to nlite and twice IE8(with KB2183461) + with the other post SP3 hotfixes. It crashes because of the last KB2183461 hotfix. If I build the addon just with the previous files (KB982381 not replaced-that worked) and add KB2183461 next in nlite, no issues what-so-ever. If I build the addon with KB2183461 replacing KB982381, it crashes.

So in nlite it works if I have it like this:

OnePiece_IE8_WinXPSP3_True_AddOn_FRA.7z - it was built for the French language.

IE8-WindowsXP-KB2183461-x86-FRA.exe

the setup doesn't crash. If I replace KB982381 with KB2183461 and build the addon, I get errors after errors. I'll check txtsetup.sif.

So the culprit is IE8-WindowsXP-KB2183461-x86-FRA (IE8 cummulative addon, same thing with ENU addon) that messes things up.

I've noticed onepiece updated his update addon creator. Is it going to fix this or not? I guess not.

Greets

Just tried now and created this:

catturab.png

OnePiece IE8 WinXPSP3 True AddOn_FRA

tabdownload.png Update (August 16-2010)

Hash MD5 D1A29786F205D65A1B0370B8C7816686

Filesize: 11.2 MB (11784772 byte)

cattura1u.png

cattura2g.png

It works like a charm on French XP SP3 MSDN.

You can use this or rebuild it by yourself from scratch, using the latest tool. You can also upload somewhere the defective addon, we can have a look at it

Edited by nonno fabio