[Switchless] Kels Win7 x64 UberPacK v2.8

• 4 weeks later...

After installation I tested Then SendTo command "Reg2Inf" and

received the following error:

The system cannot find the path specified.

I then edited line 18 of Reg2InfHandler.cmd (located in

C:\Windows\System32\SendTo) and changed it from:

%windir%\SysWOW64\reg2inf.exe "%WORKFILE%" "%OUTFILE%" /repvars

to:

%windir%\system32\reg2inf.exe "%WORKFILE%" "%OUTFILE%" /repvars

and it seemed to work fine. I still don't quite get all the

idiosyncrasies of working with these dirs in 64-bit OS's but I

thought I'd pass this along FWIW.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the 'major update'. In taking a look at the inf file, I noticed something that I thought was possibly an oversight in the registry entry for Unlocker.

The last 4 lines of the [unlocker.reg] scetion are as follows in your addon:

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Unlocker.exe",,0x0,"%16422%\Unlocker\Unlocker.exe"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved","{DDE4BEEB-DDE6-48fd-8EB5-035C09923F83}",0x0,"UnlockerShellExtension"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Unlocker.exe",,0x0,"%16422%\Unlocker\Unlocker.exe"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved","{DDE4BEEB-DDE6-48fd-8EB5-035C09923F83}",0,"UnlockerShellExtension"

Since lines 2 and 4 are essentially the same entries, is it possible that the last line above (line 4) should instead be shown as?:

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved","{DDE4BEEB-DDE6-48fd-8EB5-035C09923F83}",0,"UnlockerShellExtension"

Thanks, again, for the update!

One other item. Line 135 (also in the [unlocker.reg] section) shows as:

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Unlocker","UninstallString",0,"rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection Uberpack.inf,uninstallul"

Since there is no section labeled [uninstallul], won't this cause the uninstall to fail?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Kels, Thanks a bunch for dedicating your resources and time to developing an awsome addon.

I'm a little confused as to which one of your releases of UberPacK I should use on a Windows 7 x64 machine. Idealy, I would like to use your most recent version, but which one. I'm confused by the statement made about the 2.8 release.

Initial Release of the Win7 x64 based pack \ continuation of the xp x64 pack

I'm assuming the 4.2 release found over at RyanVM is current.

Win7 UberPacK v4.2

Any insight you can provide woukld be much appreciated. Best Regards.

Edited by dotfusion

• 3 weeks later...

Just one question on the ResHack component of your UberPacK. Here's the scenario.

I have Resource Hacker 3.6.092 FX1.4.7 installer by ricktendo64 which I use with Win Tool Kit. I use it because it includes the FX patch.

Do you think the FX Patch will auto-stick to UberPacK's installation of ResHack?

Essentially what I want to do is set each installer to run one after the other, first UberPacK, followed by Resource Hacker 3.6.092 FX1.4.7 installer.

Do you know of any adverse effects from using this method, if any?

Any insight would be much appreciated.

EDIT : I just realized your reference to Resource Hacker 3.x refers to a the Send to Menu. So is the ResHack app actually included the PacK?

Edited by dotfusion

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...