updated KB2536276 to v2

added KB2559049 replaced KB2530548

added KB2562937 replaced KB2508272

added KB2566454

added KB2567680

added KB2570222 replaced KB956072

You missed KB2570791 tz update

oooooppppps ! will add it, thanx Rick

EDIT: seems the request page ends in file not available !

main DST page has link to XP SP3 file listed as KB2570791 but serves KB2443685 from November 2010

EDIT2: found it in some convaluted way!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My thought was wondering if you could add a "fake" MRT with the right name and version number along with the appropriate reg key. I would think the fake MRT should be made of minimum size such that it it was called for some reason that it simply returns with a "0" error code, unless the real MRT returns something different. Anyway, it was just a thought.

Cheers and Regards

EXACTLY, for a looooong time now Yumeyao and myself have been using a "stubbed" mrt.

in order to save file space we use a small exe that will initiate a web browser to open to download the MRT files

however the version info is in the stub and the correct reg key is placed in the registry. the 2 latter functions

make MU happy.

check the mrt.exe in the update pack.

here is a link to an original thread at RyanVM from 2007

http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4852&highlight=mrt+stub

Thanks user_hidden. I had forgotten about that back and forth between YumeYao and code65536. Thanks for reminding me. And I agree that an automated way of producing the stub along with the reg key code would be handy for those who are not using one of the XP packs - say for use in Win7?

Cheers and Regards

Thanks user_hidden. I had forgotten about that back and forth between YumeYao and code65536. Thanks for reminding me. And I agree that an automated way of producing the stub along with the reg key code would be handy for those who are not using one of the XP packs - say for use in Win7?

Cheers and Regards

Not only for Windows 7. People often forget that the XP updatepacks are only compatible with English language versions. If you're running any other language then you are on your own.

In my case it's Spanish, and that creates another problem - the version info in the stub is specified for language code 1033, English. It remains to be seen if WU picks that up on a Spanish Windows version.

Besides that, I'm not fond of downloading the whole update pack every month only to retrieve the stub.

These are the reasons for having some script to do the reshacking. I'll deploy this in my ROE batch together with the registry entry.

Rick has made an update pack for Spanish XP and he might use this method (haven't checked it), but his pack only works for CD install. I have my source on a network share.

Cheers.

updated Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool v4.1.5503

updated Adobe Flash Player 11.0.1.152 ActiveX Control

updated KB943232 to v2

added KB2564958 replaced KB971513

added KB2567053 replaced KB2555917

added KB2586448 replaced KB2559049

added KB2592799 replaced KB2503665

I would like to report that the MRT stub from user hidden most probably works on any Windows language. I've had the change to test it on both Windows XP and Windows 7 English and Spanish.

Changing the language version on the stub is not needed, only the version number of the stub itself. Together with the registry entry WU is happy :-)

Cheers.