[Updated] WinTools.net Ultimate Edition 10.8.1.0

arsenalz

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good evening, arsenalz:

I have always appreciated your addons and all the hard work you do in sharing with us these useful programs.

I would like to let you know that this addon may be infected with the Backdoor.Win32.Hupigon.kwqa trojan. Here is the scan text from ZoneAlarm Extreme Security v9.1.507.000 (definitions fully updated):

Backdoor.Win32.Hupigon.kwqa was found in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\New Folder\Addon WinTools.net Ultimate Edition 10.05.1.0.cab on 6/5/2010 2:00:08

I have verified that the MD5 hash of your mediafire.com download link is the same as listed in your post. Could this be a false positive? The trojan seems to be listed as a virus at: http://forum.f-secur...?TOPIC_ID=12540 ...

Good evening, arsenalz:

I have always appreciated your addons and all the hard work you do in sharing with us these useful programs.

I would like to let you know that this addon may be infected with the Backdoor.Win32.Hupigon.kwqa trojan. Here is the scan text from ZoneAlarm Extreme Security v9.1.507.000 (definitions fully updated):

Backdoor.Win32.Hupigon.kwqa was found in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\New Folder\Addon WinTools.net Ultimate Edition 10.05.1.0.cab on 6/5/2010 2:00:08

I have verified that the MD5 hash of your mediafire.com download link is the same as listed in your post. Could this be a false positive? The trojan seems to be listed as a virus at: http://forum.f-secur...?TOPIC_ID=12540 ...

gorlim1...

Thanks by your attention.

After yours observations, I verified WinTools.net with 3 (three) antivirus, uninstalling an and installing other, one of every time:

- ESET NOD32 Business Edition 4.0.474.0

- Kaspersky AV 2010 9.0.0.736

- Avira AntiVir Premium 10.0.0.603

Anything I found. And with ESET, I scan the whole PC and also swims.

After that, I used: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.46.0.0 and anything, in the same way.

I requested to a friend of a company, that verified the file with Business McAfee AV. Anything found.

I am very careful with the addons that I put in here and I believe to be false positive of Zone Alarm.

But I ask that you use any other Antivirus and communicate me the result.

And also ask for the any other users of this Forum that makes the same.

I thank .

Best regards :)

You might want to mention in the first post somewhere that the utilities in this addon are not free, but costs $39.95 USD to register.

http://www.wintools....rder/index.html

I prefer to post addons of all types, even if are paid. I don't appreciate to post systematically and everyday only free softwares downloaded from Major Geeks (and others). Maybe many appreciate only free softwares, but other people no.

However, I never put apps with serials, cracks, patches (warez). Never.

Then, I don't see need to say the cost of softs trialware.

But it was good that you rendered this service when putting the price. Actually I didn't think this Forum would also be to publish that.

Thanks and best regards, Mr_Smartepants

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...