Anyone have OpenOffice 3.1.1 switches for silent install?

DeltaCom

Alright, how do i tell it to do it's switches? extract then just recompress the .exe with winrar and add the switches that way? Thats what i did with my AVG 9.0 installer.

EDIT: getting an error about being unable to recompress it after i extract it so thats now how it do it..

Edited by DeltaCom

Need to make an OO.o 3.1.1 addon for an XP disc, but i can't find one ANYWHERE..

Does anyone have the switches i would need for a silent install? or the addon it's self?

- Install Open Office 3.1.1 usually, but doesn't finish the installation. After the usual questions, eg "installation folder", etc ...when comes a progress bar. Click in Cancel. This initial installation will create a folder on your Desktop.

- Go to your Desktop and find the folder "OpenOffice.org 3.1 (en-US) Installation Files".

..Copy all files of folder to a new temporary folder. (e.g. D:\Temp)

- In D:\Temp, select all files and with WinRAR, right button of the mouse, click and select "Add to file..."

- Give the name, e.g. "OpenOffice", select SFX > Advanced > SFX option > and in 'Run after extraction', type:

msiexec.exe /i "openofficeorg31.msi" /qn

- In Methods, choice 'Unpack to temporary folder' and 'Hide All'

- In Update, choice 'Substitute all files'

- OK and Ok --> You have your Silent Install of app. It's work fine and silently...

Edited by arsenalz

Thanks for the quick reply, only having one issue now. And thats there isn't a substitute all files, just extraxt and replace, extract and update, and fresh existing files only

"Does anyone have the switches i would need for a silent install? or the addon it's self?"

Switches for Silent Install, SFX with WinRAR :

Setup=msiexec.exe /i "openofficeorg31.msi" /qn

TempMode

Silent=1

Overwrite=1

Edited by arsenalz