new desktop rig issue

James23

ok guys i just recieved this old dusty desktop rig thats huge as hell so i hooked up all th eparts CD/DVD drives,HDD, Ram 3 Slots, everything hooks up prefectly but asoon i power it on the monitor Displays No Signal error message

It's a AOC LCD Monitor 40"

so here some pics of the part that the monitor hooks up into..

1223092131b.jpg

1223092131a.jpg

1223092131.jpg

1223092123a.jpg

1223092123.jpg

1223092122a.jpg

1223092122.jpg

From looking at the video card and the specs of the monitor I would hazard a guess that the problem is the monitor is simply waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much for the video card to even try to work.

Try this:

Get a "Old" crt monitor. nothing special just a 15" or 17" one, try it and then you should get a working pic.

I'd have to agree with the others from the DIP switches that are visible in the fuzzy video card picture. But it's possible that the BIOS may need to be set to accept the card you have on the PCI bus, if I'm seeing the bus type correctly

ooh ok i just got this as an early xmas gift so mostly most things where stripped i can see but it from my camera phone, so thats the best i can do for now but what type of video card do you guys suggest i should use on the motherbord?

I have NVidia 8800GT, which should be inexpensive now. It's not the latest technology, but is very powerful.

Also check the native resolution on your monitor and see if your new graphic card supports it.

One other thing...

40" Monitor, are you gone berserk? You'll need a graphic card with a lot of RAM in it to work smoothly on this resolutions.

ooh ok i just got this as an early xmas gift so mostly most things where stripped i can see but it from my camera phone, so thats the best i can do for now but what type of video card do you guys suggest i should use on the motherbord?

looks like you need an agp video card, but i would not spend a whole lot of money on it.

from your picture it looks like your card is a 3.3v one http://www.playtool.com/pages/vidslots/voltageslots.jpg

i forget if the 1.5v cards are compatible with 3.3v motherboards