What HARD DISK drive is the best?

zookey

Hi, i thinking buy a new HDD, because my HDD (seagate barracuda 7200.10) give problems, i like one hdd with this features: cache = 16 mb or more, 7200 rpm, and the time read access be 8.9 approx. ok but WHAT brand is the best? seagate? western digital? maxtor? or samsung?, the capacity of new HDD be will 320GB or 500GB, oh forget a feature, the HDD i like with a little noise, because the actualy HDD does approx 3.50 bels of noise and this is irritating, looks like a tractor :thumbsdown_anim:

Well waht is the best brand? or what is the best model? with a little noise, please...

the price not are problem for me, but no more to 60

I had Maxtor and boy it was loud! Seagate bough Maxtor so this is basically one and the same company now. I have 2 Seagate drives and those are pretty quiet. I can only recommend Seagate to you as I didn't have much experience with WD.

Without a doubt, SSD drives are noiseless, but unfortunately still very expensive.

Based on this, I'd recommend a Seagate, but we'll see what other people think about this.

I had Maxtor and boy it was loud! Seagate bough Maxtor so this is basically one and the same company now. I have 2 Seagate drives and those are pretty quiet. I can only recommend Seagate to you as I didn't have much experience with WD.

Without a doubt, SSD drives are noiseless, but unfortunately still very expensive.

Based on this, I'd recommend a Seagate, but we'll see what other people think about this.

Yes, it

I have to agree with Kel, WD's are sooooo damn sexy (flat as a board so easy to nail) LOL.

I have to say WD. I have had 2 Hitachi's, which I had replace after several months. I ended up getting 1 Hitachi and 1 WD as a replacement, the Hitachi is now at 72% reliable and the WD is still at 100%. I have a 250G External Seagate that seems to be running good but I can't check reliability or anything.

i'd pick the one that gave the longest warranty. it might have changed, but seagate had a 5yr warranty on their hard drives. i don't know about the other companies

5 yr warranty is standard. Every company promises a 5 yr warranty means 3 yr of replacement and 2 yrs replacement if they still producing that type of HDD otherwise you got 40% of price for 4th year and 20% for last year.

actually it looks like it depends on the model. this small list shows some from the same mfr. have 3 and some have 5 http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010150014%204808&page=1&bop=And&ActiveSearchResult=True

while this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822152119 beats them all with a 7yr warranty