What do you think about lockerz?

NIM

What do you think about lockerz.com

Have you got invited, have you redeemed any of their prizes?

Basically, is this a scam or what?

Here's the info from another blog:

The Get Paid To community has been in an uproar after the launch of a new rewards based site–Lockerz.

Questions have been brought up about the legitimacy of a site that rewards you for doing just about anything.

So what is Lockerz?

Lockerz.com is a brand new site that rewards you for just about everything you do. Registration is very easy and members can earn points extremelyquickly. One of the main reasons why its popularity is spreading so rapidly is because it's very easy to earn enough points to redeem a variety of merchandise. This includes MacBooks, Designer Handbags, Video Games, iPods, Nintendo Wiis and much more.

How it works

You can earn points in 3 ways:

1. Logging in each day.

2. Answering the question of the day.

3. Referring new members.

For example, in the first day alone, I got 23ptz through registration, 2 ptz for signing in, and another 2 ptz for answering the question of the day. All this for a grand total of 27pts! What does this all mean? Well, I can already redeem many videos games such as GTA4, which is priced 25pts!

Is Lockerz.com a legitimate website?

As a testament to the legitimacy of Lockerz.com, its CEO, Kathy Savitt, used to be Vice President at Amazon.com and the CMO at American Eagle. Lockerz.com major financial contributors is Liberty Media, which owns a major part of Time Warner, which is the firm that supports Bodybuilding.com and QVC.

I personally think it is a marketing scam. They need your opinions, thoughts, habits and your contact info and in return some of their members can claim prizes, but apparently not everyone who earn required PTZ or points.

Sounds like a typical pyramid scheme to me. Except instead of asking for money they're asking for your information, probably to sell to a third party.

What makes this a pyramid scheme, you ask?

You can earn points [by...]

3. Referring new members.

Edited by 5eraph

Yep I have fallen for this and signed up to sites like this that reward you for bringing people to the site then they want those people to bring more people so they can get paid, etc, etc

Then I hear about how they never pay (OH! and you can probably also buy points so you can get paid more...so you have to pay them so they can pay you more)

yeah i agree with all above. kind of reminds me of those 'earn a free playstation 3' gimmicks too. basically you had to subscribe to some crappy stuff and refer friends and get them to subscribe to some crappy stuff, to earn points. but in order to get enough points you basically had to get like 20 people to subscribe or you would not have enough to get the playstation

• 3 weeks later...

i also think they are scam or will turn after giving prizes for sometime.

As a testament to the legitimacy of Lockerz.com, its CEO, Kathy Savitt, used to be Vice President at Amazon.com and the CMO at American Eagle. Lockerz.com major financial contributors is Liberty Media, which owns a major part of Time Warner, which is the firm that supports Bodybuilding.com and QVC.

however this make some point on beleiving theme