Add my icon into program in C/C++

George King

You can add such an icon by creating a .rc file and add that one to your project. Make sure that the icon file (.ico) resides in the same directory. That .rc file (myapp.rc) looks like.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

//

// Icon

//

// Icon with lowest ID value placed first to ensure application icon

// remains consistent on all systems.

1 ICON "myapp.ico"

Nice, it working and its easy. And do you know ho i can make my console program invisible? I really need make my Launcher (for patched game) invisible.

EDIT: And do you know how to add files description? Tryied search on google, but nothing found? :crying_anim02: I wan to add company name, description etc...

Edited by George King

Thanks a lot N1K, I also working on Launcher program for Minesweeper. I want to have 90% - 100% working Vista games on XP. I´ve fixed some in Shanghai Solitaire and renamed it completly to Mahjong Titans and made it to looks like Vista/7 Mahjong Titans ;) In Minesweeper it will be hard, because i need to know whats wrong with XML settings file...

Here is source from Mahjong Titans Launcher, it working, but not 100% because if i run the game for first time launching works 100% But if you exit the game and try it run again, you need do it for 2 times => (2x click on mahjong.exe) x2

Mahjong Titans Launcher.rar

P.S. Here is too cold this night if i was smoke on balcony was -22,6 Celsius and in morning was -14,8 Celsius. Brr, too cold...

EDIT: I get a idea. But i dont know how to figure it. My idea is save all from tasklist.exe to TXT file and search for mahjong.exe. As i say, im beginner and i dont know how figure it...

Edited by George King