I hate Patriot RAM

LUZR4LIFE

I bought Patriot Viper II 4GB (2 x 2GB) 1066. After 2 weeks I had 1 sticks heat spread keep falling off, after about 2 months the other stick died. I sent the dead stick out and got a replacement in around 2 weeks (that's after they got it). I sent the other stick (with the bad heat sink) out around 2 weeks ago, and yet have not got a email with the tracking number for that replacement. Mean while, this replacement (2 weeks old) is bad. I will get a BSOD when I have it set for 1066. It works fine and passes MemTest on 800, but fails on 1066.

OK, I just wanted to give people a heads up. I am sure it's just my luck. These are the only rams I have had go bad on me.

Edited by LUZR4LIFE

CPU > Intel

MEM > Corsair, Kingston, OCZ,

MAINBOARD > ASUS, GIGABYTE

PSU > Corsair, CoolerMaster, OCZ

GFX > NVidia :)

HDD > Seagate, WD, Hitachi

Cooling> CoolerMaster, Zalman

Input > Logitech

CPU > Intel

MEM > Corsair, Kingston, OCZ,

MAINBOARD > ASUS, GIGABYTE

PSU > Corsair, CoolerMaster, OCZ

GFX > NVidia :)

HDD > Seagate, WD, Hitachi

Cooling> CoolerMaster, Zalman

Input > Logitech

Personally, I'd remove OCZ from the list and add Crucial for RAM and Seasonic for PSU. Seasonic is a major OEM and supplier, the others just rebrand their work. ;)

Good luck on the replacement RAM when it shows. Make sure the BIOS timings match the RAM, don't rely on the SPD readings.

And run memtest86 before allowing the system to boot to Windows.

Edited by Mr_Smartepants

Personally, I'd remove OCZ from the list and add Crucial for RAM and Seasonic for PSU. Seasonic is a major OEM and supplier, the others just rebrand their work. ;)

Good luck on the replacement RAM when it shows. Make sure the BIOS timings match the RAM, don't rely on the SPD readings.

And run memtest86 before allowing the system to boot to Windows.

The timing is off unfortunately (5-7-7-18) it's advertised at 5-5-5-15. It seems like a lot of people are having issues to get this running at 1066. So all I can say is that I bought a 800 with good OC ability. LOL. Right now I am at 3.510 (from 3.0) and RAM is at 468.1. I haven't gone higher yet. the max for my CPU is 540. Next time I will stay away from the "good deals" LOL