My Rig

LUZR4LIFE

Ok, as most of you know I have been building for awhile now. I am going to stop buy for now "hopefully". LOL

SPECS:

17 inch AOC

COOLER MASTER HAF 922

CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V

ASUS M4A785-M

AMD Phenom II X2 550 Black Edition Callisto 3.1GHz @ 3.9 as dual (trying to get to 4)

OCZ Vendetta

Patriot Viper II 4GB (2 x 2GB) 1066

XFX HD-477A-YDFC Radeon HD 4770 512MB 128-bit GDDR5

1x160G WD

1x160G Segate

1x1TB WD Black

1x1TB WD Green

All Cards Bay Driver Reader

1x24x LG LightScribe

WEI:

Processor: 6.9

Memory: 7.5

Graphics: 7.2

Gaming Graphics: 7.2

Primary Hard Disk: 5.7

PICS:

1000150p.th.jpg

1000152v.th.jpg

1000154f.th.jpg

1000157y.th.jpg

1000160t.th.jpg

After I get to 4GHz I will work on it as a quad to see how high I can push it.

Edited by LUZR4LIFE

Nice rig Luzr, Looking very nice :) How is the Case though? I'm still thinking to get that one or the HAF 932 for my next Core i5 build...

Nice over-clocking on the CPU :D

Nice rig Luzr, Looking very nice :) How is the Case though? I'm still thinking to get that one or the HAF 932 for my next Core i5 build...

Nice over-clocking on the CPU :D

The case is HUUUDGE as you can see good for cleaning up wires. I actually had to cut down some wood on my desk because it was to wide. It has dropped my temps alot. I was going to get a 902 or a 690 II but this was recommend by a few people.

Sh... this case looks huge compared to my Antec P183.

Nice cable management, even though you have non-modular PSU. Your components will 'breathe' normally this way, to bad that PSU doesn't have its own chamber.

How quiet this case is, because of this large fans in it?

Very nice. That case is nearly as big as your desk! :D

Me personally, I'd remove the fan from the heatsink and rotate the heatsink 90deg, then build a cardboard duct to the larger rear case fan (more air volume moved, directed cooling & one less noise-maker). Otherwise duct it to the monster top fan for massive airflow and better overclocking.

Me personally, I'd remove the fan from the heatsink and rotate the heatsink 90deg, then build a cardboard duct to the larger rear case fan (more air volume moved, directed cooling & one less noise-maker). Otherwise duct it to the monster top fan for massive airflow and better overclocking.

Nice idea Smartepants I might do that with my case... :thumbsup:

Sh... this case looks huge compared to my Antec P183.

Nice cable management, even though you have non-modular PSU. Your components will 'breathe' normally this way, to bad that PSU doesn't have its own chamber.

How quiet this case is, because of this large fans in it?

It's louder than my NZXT Appallo which doesn't bother me, I know in summer this thing will cool me off. LOL. While at MicroCenter 3 people that work there a 2 customers said the HAF was better than the 902 and the 690 II so I got talked in to it. Behind the tray is wide for cable management which I still had trouble putting the panel back on, One day I will redo it, it drew blood so I wanted to hurry up. LOL

Unfortunately I can not rotate the heatsink. It has to point up or down. My temps are fine for the CPU @ 38C (37 Cores) and mobo @ 40. The only time I have a heat issue is with my mobo and that is when running as a quad it will get to 50+ while the CPU is at 44. I think I may have hit the wall on my OC, but I will play with my RAM first to see if that helps. I am new to all the OC'ing.

Here's what I did to my case with the duct.

I used a Corn Flakes box. :naughty:

2j3mxip_th.jpg

I knew what you were talking about, by the way nice job, your duct looks really clean. I am wanting to add to side fans, I may pull the ones from my old case and cut the LED's off since they are blue to see if it will keep my mobo temps down. I would like to run as a quad @ 3.7+ but the mobo gets to hot (52+C) I think I need 1.6+V to hit 4 as a dual, was gone most of the day yesterday so no time to play. I have to work on my moms car (brakes, tie rods, temp sensors etc) after that I need to get update a addon, which I need to finish my VM so I can get started. (LOL)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...