Windows 7 Toolkit 0.6.0.19

Legolash2o

Hello,

I just have tried on WIN 7 x86 French Version : and it doesn't work.

Maybe, it works only WIN 7 x86 US Version ???

Thanks for answers

Edit :

Ok it works on Win 7 x86 US version :thumbsup_anim:

Not on Win 7 French version :crying_anim02:

If you are a solve i take it...

Thanks a lot

Edited by rico

*FIX: Downloading sometimes added an extra extension i.e. .msu.msu

This is not fixed.

If i download a selected update directly then all is ok. But if i add it to queue und then download it, it creates a second folder with the same name, that i was choosen to store the update there in. And this update has an extra extension too.

For Example:

Choosen folder: C:\W7TUpdates\KB*.msu

Stored in folder: C:\W7TUpdates\W7TUpdates\KB*.msu.msu

And as i said in my last bug-report, the downloaded update overwrites the existing one without prompt.

Hello,

I just have tried on WIN 7 x86 French Version : and it doesn't work.

Maybe, it works only WIN 7 x86 US Version ???

Thanks for answers

Edit :

Ok it works on Win 7 x86 US version :thumbsup_anim:

Not on Win 7 French version :crying_anim02:

If you are a solve i take it...

Thanks a lot

Fixed.

This is not fixed.

If i download a selected update directly then all is ok. But if i add it to queue und then download it, it creates a second folder with the same name, that i was choosen to store the update there in. And this update has an extra extension too.

For Example:

Choosen folder: C:\W7TUpdates\KB*.msu

Stored in folder: C:\W7TUpdates\W7TUpdates\KB*.msu.msu

And as i said in my last bug-report, the downloaded update overwrites the existing one without prompt.

1. Fixed again

2. Now prompts to overwrite if it exists

Just wanted to give a big THANK YOU because with this build 0.6.0.15-I was finally able to successfully integrate all updates to both x86 & x64 without any problems at all :)

Your welcome, glad its working :)

• 2 weeks later...

No i am not worried about Vlite, don't use it, and will never do, but i want to know what it is for, and what happens if it's not starting with Windows?, the reason i installed this toolkit was (i read on another forum) that this toolkit, could convert language pack in .exe to .cab.

But i cant find language pack converter in this version, is it removed?.

Edited by science

No i am not worried about Vlite, don't use it, and will never do, but i want to know what it is for, and what happens if it's not starting with Windows?, the reason i installed this toolkit was (i read on another forum) that this toolkit, could convert language pack in .exe to .cab.

But i cant find language pack converter in this version, is it removed?.

It is .msu to cab converter not .exe to .cab convertor.

i temporary disabled the language pack converter, because it had some issues. Open the exe and quickly copy the lp.cab which appears with it. Once copied cancel the install.

I tried that before, it works, but i find another freeware tool that worked, named EXE2CAB here --> http://archives.mysteryfcm.co.uk/files_and_folders/archives/exe2cab/execab30/exe2cab.exe

Btw

It is a great tool-kit, you have put together here, one of the better around....

I'm not trying to be rude, but what did you do to my fast software? One of the reasons I liked your software so much was because it was way faster than software like DismTool and such.

I had to do some "add-ons" today and the "new" program ran from 2 or 3 in the afternoon until about 8:00pm. (I had about 110 add-ons)

I loved your software because of it's speed. I'm going to miss that.

Sorry to be a whiner...

Hi.. Sorry about my previous message. I could have left a better one. I left the message about the speed of the application with the new release. About me.. I'm a retired software engineer and I've been using your software for some months now. It's been really great. Thank you.

I don't have your insight into all the issues, but I have a suggestion or request. Is it possible to make the new version work like the old version when it comes to mounting, editing, and saving the image, but still have it work like the new version when it comes to doing updates? I really like the way it does updates now.

Right now what I'm doing is using the last version for general image work and the new version for updates. I don't have any issues with the last version, although I know others must have because I saw the issues you addressed in the new version.

I am probably in the minority, but wouldn't you like to keep the software working like the last version? I can mount an image, copy several directories to the image, and unmount the image with the last version, while the new version is still trying to load the image!

I really like your product. It's the best there is, but I'm using my experience as a software engineer to suggest that you may have chose the wrong direction for general editing of the image.

Just some thoughts. This is all meant too be kind and helpful. This is not an attack :)

• 1 month later...

The old method had some issues when it came to registry entries and stuff like. failed to dismount the registry hives and then fail to unmount the image due to the dismounted registry. Sorry for the late reply, I will look into it.

Apart from this has no one else had any problems. Don't worry i've been checking the forum regularly so i haven't gone anywhere. :D

Edited by Legolash2o