[Addon] Vista Aero Cursors Add-On v1.0

Vista Aero Cursors:

History: These cursors are from Windows Vista RTM. They were slightly modified for completeness and distributed by Herby on the NeoWin forum. I've repackaged them as an add-on for inclusion into an XP source.

WinAero.jpg

WinAeroS.jpg

AeroBlack.jpg

AeroBlackS.jpg

AeroGold.jpg

AeroGoldS.jpg

AeroTailless.jpg

AeroTaillessS.jpg

download.png

Download: Doug_Aero_Cursors_AddOn_v1.0.7z

File Size: 439kb

MD5: 06028ECCCD186AD8C1CE1B25709EC013

Downloaded [xpcount]Downloads/Doug_Aero_Cursors_AddOn_v1.0.7z[/xpcount] times

On 08 April 2009, Veazer wrote:

Remember that using cursors with an alpha channel in WinXP will cause the Shortcut / Copy indicators to no longer appear when dragging a file and holding CTRL, CTRL + Shift, etc.

In response, Bober wrote:

humm cant say i have had that problem.

In response, Veazer wrote:

Try dragging a file on your desktop while holding the CTRL key. With a standard MS cursor (1 bit alpha channel) you'll see the [+] indicator showing that you are making a copy of the file. With a vista cursor that has an alpha channel with more bit depth it won't appear.

You can edit OLE32.DLL to make the indicators work in some circumstances (firefox, wmp, & others) but it doesn't fix it completely. More info here: http://www.neowin.ne...howtopic=709084

I'd like to know where MS stores the copy & shortcut indicators, perhaps if they where modified to be the same bit-depth and alpha bit-depth of the cursors they would work properly.

Anything new/different/exciting in your new pack Dougie?

Like the first post says, it's basically just the Vista Aero cursors with a few modifications. I've posted the pics from the original thread to show the cursors. The only difference between the SVCPACK add-on version and this add-on is this is a true add-on. (Well, that and the fact that the SVCPACK version isn't available anymore!)

Any chance of blending the two packs togther?

Um.... No. But I'm sure you can integrate the two packs together in the same install without conflict. But I won't be adding more cursors to this pack because these cursors are FROM Vista.